Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• Any chance of providing a new instance type with 24GB RAM ? Something between CX41 and CX51?

I see netcup.eu has a 24GB variant - https://www.netcup.eu/vserver/vps.php

• @OstCollector said: Also is it possible to replace default disk with larger in dedicated servers, or only able to add new disks?

you can, but you don't get any discount for this. You will be paying the full price of the replacement drive rental as if it was an extra drive. The only reason to do this, is if you have a good deal and your extra slots are full, so you need to replace the initial config.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

managed kubernetes - I can add a +1 for you to our customer wishlist for this.
    24GB RAM model for cloud - I think there might be an easier and quicker option. If I remember correctly, you can use the Rescale feature to add more RAM to your server model. So you could CX41 and just rescale it. See here: https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/technical-details/faq/#is-there-any-way-to-get-a-custom-configuration

In other news, we've added some new flexibility with IPv6-only options for our dedicated root servers. (We'll post more information once we have similar options available for cloud products.) Read more here.

And I recently helped out on one of our YouTube videos. Check it out!

I wanted to apologize for not being as active as usual. We've been really shorthanded in the marketing team lately, and that will hopefully change a few weeks into the new year. I'll be gone over the holidays, so please send any questions to us using a support ticket, or if you're not yet a customer, using our support form or via [email protected]. --Katie

Thanked by 1ericls
  • @Hetzner_OL said: 24GB RAM model for cloud - I think there might be an easier and quicker option. If I remember correctly, you can use the Rescale feature to add more RAM to your server model. So you could CX41 and just rescale it. See here:

Rescaling allows you to change one cloud server model into another, it won't help for someone wanting a 24GB machine because it's still only stuck to the pre-existing models, which jump from 16GB to 32GB, making those your only choices even if you rescale. This does mean you can start with one or the other and change when needed (assuming you don't mind the downtime for a rescale), but you cannot have a server with 24GB ram.

@Erisa - Sorry about my response. I forgot that the scale jumped in that manner from 16GB to 32GB. --Katie

Thanked by 1Erisa

The holidays are over and it's time to get down to work. It's a good thing we just released a new dedicated server, the EX100, based on the Intel® Core™ i9-12900K CPU. --Katie

• bkjbkj Member

@Hetzner_OL said:
    The holidays are over and it's time to get down to work. It's a good thing we just released a new dedicated server, the EX100, based on the Intel® Core™ i9-12900K CPU. --Katie

Honestly, this is crazy. Amazing price for it haha, I really wonder how the thermal performance is.

I probably will be looking to get this, or from an reseller at least :P

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

Do you guys have plans to improve your DDoS mitigation even further this year?> @Hetzner_OL said:

Just got mine, runs swift as swift as a Hetzner can! A real contender for the AX101.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @LeifurGunnarsson said:
    Do you guys have plans to improve your DDoS mitigation even further this year?> @Hetzner_OL said:

Just got mine, runs swift as swift as a Hetzner can! A real contender for the AX101.

How's the performance? What kernel are you running?

• @bkj said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Honestly, this is crazy. Amazing price for it haha, I really wonder how the thermal performance is.

Which company resells Hetzner servers?

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@Tejy said:

Do not expect lower prices from Hetzner resellers.
    Hetzner doesn't offer better prices to its resellers. The price is the same, no matter if you have only one server or hundreds servers with them.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Tejy said:

@bkj said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Walkerservers iirc

• @Hetzner_OL are there any plans on doing the Asia region in the future?

We need a better options here other than Contabo.

@LeifurGunnarsson - We're constantly working to improve our DDoS protection system. It's built for the average user. If you have higher than average requirements, it may be better to go with a company that provides custom DDoS protection, which are often at a higher price point. You can also communicate via support ticket with our Network team if you're noticing specific and repeated issues. They can try to diagnose it or give you some tips of other things you can try to mitigate the issue.
    @dT_Tb - We don't publish roadmaps for new products, features, or possible new locations. Instead, we prefer to surprise you when we go live at a new location. However, it's nice to know that we have fans in Asia and I'll pass on a +1 for you. --Katie

Thanked by 1dT_Tb
  • bkjbkj Member

I am pretty sure that's not how it works @Hetzner_OL

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @dT_Tb - We don't publish roadmaps for new products, features, or possible new locations. Instead, we prefer to surprise you when we go live at a new location. However, it's nice to know that we have fans in Asia and I'll pass on a +1 for you. --Katie

You really like surprising us :) First you surprise us with the phenomenal new IPv4 pricing and now, 1 month ahead, new power bills. "Hetzner loves surprises". A cooperation between Hetzner and Scaleway/Online.net becomes more and more possible.

I had to rant. I'm pissed by all these short term "surprises".

Thanked by 1arw55
  • @ericls said:
    Would LOVE to see managed k8s services!

No we wouldn't. Please do not perpetuate the suffering that is google's biggest April fool's prank ever created

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2022

@lanefu said:

@ericls said:

No we wouldn't. Please do not perpetuate the suffering that is google's biggest April fool's prank ever created

I actually don’t disagree. That’s why I’m asking for a managed version of that

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • what nvme model do they use on i9-12900K ?

• @tsoft said:
    what nvme model do they use on i9-12900K ?

I think Samsung PM961/81.
    Had PM961 in AX41

• @brejski said:

@tsoft said:
    what nvme model do they use on i9-12900K ?

I think Samsung PM961/81.
    Had PM961 in AX41

The servers with i9-12900K come with PCIe 4.0 NVMe, so it would be totally different and your experience with AX41 is irrelevant here. Not to mention they're totally different server series.

• @ericls said:

@lanefu said:

@ericls said:

I actually don’t disagree. That’s why I’m asking for a managed version of that

Touche.

Frankly it would be interesting to see. I've only used EKS as a managed offering

Hi everyone, I'm sorry that I couldn't reply to messages earlier than now. I will try to catch up them here bit by bit.

@bkj said:

I am pretty sure that's not how it works @Hetzner_OL

Could you please send this to us at [email protected] and let us know which server it is for? That way, we can fix it as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance for this. I appreciate it! --Katie

@tsoft said: what nvme model do they use on i9-12900K ?

The specific drives that we use in our dedicated root models can change a bit depending on supply and demand. I believe that you can see which drives are in your server via your Robot account after you order them. If you would like to ask about specific type of drive BEFORE you make your order, you can write a support request, and our team will help you out as best as they can. --Katie

@fLoo - I am sorry that you find our announcements about price changes to be too short notices. With both the price changes for the IPv4 and the affect servers from the Server Auction, we tried to make the announcement far in enough in advance to give you some time to make a decision and to cancel your contract before you would be affected by the new prices.
    If you were affected by this price increase with the Server Auction, please check our recent offer that we sent yesterday.
    I'm sorry that you're dissatisfied with how we have communicated these recent changes. I will pass that feedback onto our team. --Katie

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited January 2022

Coupon Code LTT22 for $20 off. This code is only valid for new cloud users. Source:

• i9-12900K:
    6800 MB/s
    4000 MB/s
    1000K IOPS
    180K IOPS

@tsoft - Can you tell me what your question or comment is please? Is this a question about our EX100 server? If you have a question about this server, please write to our Sales team here: https://www.hetzner.com/support-form This server is not currently available, but perhaps our team can put you on a waiting list. (I am not sure if they can. But you can always ask.) If you are already a customer, please contact them by writing a support request on Robot. --Katie

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited February 2022

@varwww said:
    Coupon Code LTT22 for $20 off. This code is only valid for new cloud users.

I'm curious if Linus also wont get penny from affiliation, just like me.

Pending from 2021. I contacted them about it and they said they banned me and there wont be futher explanation xdddddd professional company

Thanked by 1varwww
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    @tsoft - Can you tell me what your question or comment is please?

Actually, you have only 1 model and no choice