Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

deank said: I don't feel any sympathy toward Paypal losing money.

They are becoming another monopoly. Good news is, local payment gateways are on the rise in many countries and many clients trust them, too.

We need to use other gateways as primary, keeping PayPal as secondary. Hopefully this will prevent them from becoming the next cPanel fiasco and raising fees whenever they want.

Btw, I feel sad for those who are still hoping that a bunch of hosts got compromised on the same day and those emails were sent by some malicious actors. Nice damage control by CC, too.

It seems they have made a habit out of protecting the identities of scammers.

Thanked by 2pepa65 Master_Bo
  • @MechanicWeb said:

It seems they have made a habit out of protecting the identities of scammers.

Just remember that you may be a client to the scam host, but the scamhost is/was a client to CC. As such, CC takes client confidentiality very seriously and wont disclose it to a third party like those who got scammed. :trollface:

• its not even full 10 days and server are already down well it was a fun

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@webclouddev said:
    its not even full 10 days and server are already down well it was a fun

• @tgl said:
    CC is the victim here, but they are offering 10 days extra for the customers, this is how much they care !

yes

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

somik said: As such, CC takes client confidentiality very seriously and wont disclose it to a third party like those who got scammed.

You, sir, came back with an epic reply.

Your words know no bounds, and as such, their meaning is beyond of any use.

You are right sir, that the sufferers are third parties. And CC probably would protect their scammy client from third parties as a tradition.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @MechanicWeb said:

somik said: As such, CC takes client confidentiality very seriously and wont disclose it to a third party like those who got scammed.

You, sir, came back with an epic reply.

Your words know no bounds, and as such, their meaning is beyond of any use.

You are right sir, that the sufferers are third parties. And CC probably would protect their scammy client from third parties as a tradition.

And that's why Lowendbox is a scammers heaven! Cause even their host CC allows it. It's the same way how @cociu tolerate DMCA letters, CC tolerate scammers. Only difference is that in one case, those with a lot of money suffers from the loss of 0.01% income, in the other, poor people like us (who browse for low end servers) suffer.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • immanisimmanis Member
    edited December 2019

@webclouddev said:
    its not even full 10 days and server are already down well it was a fun

My hostedsimply one is still up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Welcomehosting refunded me, surprisingly, for the prepayment of a full year of service. I also had them for one year, never had a problem that prompt Help couldn’t solve quickly. If it is a few people running a ton of different companies I guess they needed a few to be more legit?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @scooke said:
    ... If it is a few people running a ton of different companies I guess they needed a few to be more legit?

No.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@poisson your whitelist has been featured sir, very prem indeed. https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/vps-provider-exodus-12-9-2019.24125/ I noticed when I had someone visit our site from that domain.

• @Jord said:
    @poisson your whitelist has been featured sir, very prem indeed. https://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/vps-provider-exodus-12-9-2019.24125/ I noticed when I had someone visit our site from that domain.

I hope that person bought prem panda services

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I bet @Jord is using Panda Antivirus

edited December 2019

@tgl said:
    I bet @Jord is using Panda Antivirus

We are actually a Panda Partner :joy:

See :P

• @Jord it means you and me are connected in some way, the world is so big, yet so small

@tgl said:
    @Jord it means you and me are connected in some way, the world is so big, yet so small

We are, how?

• @Jord the Panda Connection, anyway, I cannot say more because of privacy issue, but I am connected in a way with Panda Security and not as a customer

@tgl said:
    @Jord the Panda Connection, anyway, I cannot say more because of privacy issue, but I am connected in a way with Panda Security and not as a customer

Ah nice, you aren't my sales rep, are you? :joy:

• @Jord said:

@tgl said:
    @Jord the Panda Connection, anyway, I cannot say more because of privacy issue, but I am connected in a way with Panda Security and not as a customer

Not in sales and not in UK, but as I said, its not that close but its funny you mentioned them because I worked with a lot of people from that company

@tgl said:

@Jord said:

@tgl said:

Not in sales and not in UK, but as I said, its not that close but its funny you mentioned them because I worked with a lot of people from that company

Ah very nice indeed sir, very small world then :)

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@tgl said:

@Jord said:

@tgl said:

Know Ernie by any chance? He's an old friend of mine and worked for Panda for a number of years before moving to a different CyberSec company.

• @MasonR said:
    Know Ernie by any chance? He's an old friend of mine and worked for Panda for a number of years before moving to a different CyberSec company.

unfortunately not, I was mostly involved with the GateDefender teams

• @Jord said:

Our PBX loving friends on that community need some love, @NerdUno thanks for sharing the whitelist, it's helpful that we avoid the crappy providers, even though we've all had our uses for the "alpha/woots" at one point or another, it's cheap to start out and ends badly.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Does digitalocean know about that?

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Omg that's going to end VERY badly. What's with the digitalocean test file? Haha LEB just gets worse by the day..

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

Omg that's going to end VERY badly. What's with the digitalocean test file? Haha LEB just gets worse by the day..

Resell, get money via crypto, attract nothing but abuse, terminate, no refund. No name. No contact info. No chargeback. #YoLo

@Jord got enough bamboo?

• @seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

Omg that's going to end VERY badly. What's with the digitalocean test file? Haha LEB just gets worse by the day..

Resell, get money via crypto, attract nothing but abuse, terminate, no refund. No name. No contact info. No chargeback. #YoLo

@Jord got enough bamboo?

That's a premium scam, that one.. imagine the idiots throwing their BTC at them, bright eyed at the opportunity to engage in dodgy shit, all for them to get terminated without refound for abuse. It's criminal genius..

Thanked by 1Jord

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@Jord got enough bamboo?

That's a premium scam, that one.. imagine the idiots throwing their BTC at them, bright eyed at the opportunity to engage in dodgy shit, all for them to get terminated without refound for abuse. It's criminal genius..

Talk about organized crime :D