Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• @tgl said:
    has anyone else paid the Paypal invoice to FastSpring ?

i used DCN Host in past it says Fastspring on paypal. Damn!!!

• tgl said: The people that were charged with FastSpring can also try to get their money back here

No, they specifically say that you have to contact the seller directly for any sort of refund. You can get information about a past payment there, that's all.

• @pepa65 said:

tgl said: The people that were charged with FastSpring can also try to get their money back here

No, they specifically say that you have to contact the seller directly for any sort of refund. You can get information about a past payment there, that's all.

yeah, it seems just an order check unfortunately

• @vyas11 said:
    Concur that good guys going Out of business does not call for clubbing them with the CC hosts. With that logic, till recently I have received good service from @StockServers who have been mentioned in the list as well.

Then I say fair is fair, if Arch hosting is not to be included in the list, then a review of the whole non-cc list is called for. There are hosts tagged under CC when they have only one DC operated by CC. Don't see CC operating a DC in India, for example.

Anyways, it's a moot point. I am not the one maintaining and updating the list, I leave it to those who are. Their work is commendable, don't see a reason to read much more into individual instances.

Thank you for the note. We are not using any of CC's locations and do not have plans to.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • nomadicusnomadicus Member
    edited December 2019

Did anyone try to get their money back by setting dispute in PayPal?
    Or any other way?
    Obviously, requesting refund from them would be futile...
    Please share your experience, it would be useful for all who suffered from this deadpooling.

• ArchArch Member
    edited December 2019

Hi there,

Arch Hosting is indeed closing down, as it states in the email it was a long time coming and this was actually planned prior to all of these shitty CC hosts closing down. Please note that this was not coordinated with them shutting down in any way shape or form. I appreciate a few of you standing up for us, I can assure you that we provided a lot better service than these companies and have been in business for roughly 7 years verse 3 months.

I also wouldn't consider ourselves an LET host as we haven't posted on this forum since Feb 2018.

Thank you.

• @nomadicus said:
    Or any other way?
    Please share your experience, it would be useful for all who suffered from this deadpooling.

If open a dispute in the 45-60 days after transaction date, you can get refund without problem. In major cases, if the seller do not answer (and with this situation you have more chance), you win the dispute. I have also done this with Microsoft Partner program without problem :P

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2019

$1.17 at GD with coupon GDD99com1 (Limit 1 per customer at $1.17. $0.18 ICANN fee added)

• @thedp said:

$1.17 at GD with coupon GDD99com1 (Limit 1 per customer at $1.17. $0.18 ICANN fee added)

If GD means GoDaddy then eww.

@xaoc said:

@thedp said:

If GD means GoDaddy then eww.

I know :joy:

Oh well, there's still Directnic and Porkbun.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

deadpooling.cc?

Francisco

@Francisco said:
    deadpooling.cc?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    deadpooling.cc?

Francisco

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

P R E M I U M

Francisco

• @nomadicus said:
    Or any other way?

I raised a dispute with TCNhosting on PayPal, they didn't answer so raised it to a claim and won my money back. It was only $20 though...

Thanked by 2uptime pepa65
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Individually the amount is small. But if every single person who got scammed in this fiasco got their money back, a shitty play like this wouldn't occur as frequently as it has been.

• @deank said:
    Individually the amount is small. But if every single person who got scammed in this fiasco got their money back, a shitty play like this wouldn't occur as frequently as it has been.

It still will as the seller can just withdraw all his money to bank and close the PayPal account. You can still get your money back from PayPal but the seller also gets your money. So in the end, PayPal is the one who ends up paying for it.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't feel any sympathy toward Paypal losing money.

Though I can see them raising their fees again if they lose enough dough.

Thanked by 2DP kkrajk
    edited December 2019

@deank said:

They’ve already taken lots as it is 😂

• nomadicus said: requesting refund from them would be futile

But do request, it is a good step to have taken before you go to Paypal or your creditcard provider for a chargeback.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

slothx said: Ah, I keep a colo'd dedi and a VPS with ramnode for things I actually care about.

:)

Thanked by 2PureVoltage Ympker
  • @deank said:

If PayPal lost enough, they may sue the scammer

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • nomadicusnomadicus Member
    edited December 2019

@levelKro said:

@nomadicus said:
    Or any other way?

If open a dispute in the 45-60 days after transaction date, you can get refund without problem. In major cases, if the seller do not answer (and with this situation you have more chance), you win the dispute. I have also done this with Microsoft Partner program without problem :pensive:

@levelKro: thanks a lot. It is not clear about 45-60 days. If you pay anual rate and the company terminates the service in 3 months, does that mean that PayPal will not help with the refund because transaction was done 90 days ago? Yet to be seen....

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited December 2019

Probably they will switch to DA with new names again. This is because dareseller.com has just been released.

http://dareseller.com/dareseller.php

Honestly I had monitors for Kudo, DCN and Hosting73 and after the cpanel price increase they were rarely down. Its different story for Solvedbydata though lol. Its always down.

Thanked by 2pepa65 dahartigan
  • levelKrolevelKro Member
    edited December 2019

@nomadicus said:

@levelKro said:

@nomadicus said:
    Or any other way?

If open a dispute in the 45-60 days after transaction date, you can get refund without problem. In major cases, if the seller do not answer (and with this situation you have more chance), you win the dispute. I have also done this with Microsoft Partner program without problem :pensive:

@levelKro: thanks a lot. It is not clear about 45-60 days. If you pay anual rate and the company terminates the service in 3 months, does that mean that PayPal will not help with the refund because transaction was done 90 days ago? Yet to be seen....

For any dispute, you explain to Paypal the situation. Paypal contact seller and request more details and try to find a solution between you and the seller. But, if the seller do not answer after 7 days, you win the dispute. I have use the dispute for AlphaRack, Microsoft Partner Program, eBay orders. With PayPal, you have a security for physical and digital goods. This guarantee work if you have made the Paypal transaction in the last 45-60 days (read policy on Paypal) and you not receveid product ordered (in this case, not respect the 1 year purchase).

Get more details;
    About Dispute process : https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/resolve-disputes
    About the security of transactions : https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
    Or contact directly Paypal, you can made this by mail or by phone.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Helo everynone,

I would like to share a couple of observations on this thread's topic. Would be interesting to hear anybody's opinion on this.

Observation #1

I have two VPSs, one from "HostedSimply", another from "N3Servers". Both of my VPSs are still up and running, although the deadline was yesterday, Dec 9, and today is almost over here in NYC. Backing up data is possible even now, if someone haven't done so. It may not mean anything, since they just may not have pulled the plug yet and could do it at any moment. But still, don't you think it could mean something? Can anyone share whether or not their service has been really terminated?

Observation #2

The text of "termination letter" about "closing doors" in all emails that people received on Friday have EXACTLY THE THE SAME TEXT. I've compared with the letters from other hosts, that were posted in this forum, - they are still the same. Almost like it's been written by the same person. Isn't that strange? What could that mean? That all these hosts belong to same person/group of people? Or maybe someone broke into their email and sent these "fake" letters to us, while in reality these re-sellers are up and running (see observation #1) and had no plans to screw us?

Those questions may sound silly, but still if you could share your thoughts, that'll be greatly appreciated.

• @nomadicus said:
    Helo everynone,

I would like to share a couple of observations on this thread's topic. Would be interesting to hear anybody's opinion on this.

Observation #1

I have two VPSs, one from "HostedSimply", another from "N3Servers". Both of my VPSs are still up and running, although the deadline was yesterday, Dec 9, and today is almost over here in NYC. Backing up data is possible even now, if someone haven't done so. It may not mean anything, since they just may not have pulled the plug yet and could do it at any moment. But still, don't you think it could mean something? Can anyone share whether or not their service has been really terminated?

Observation #2

The text of "termination letter" about "closing doors" in all emails that people received on Friday have EXACTLY THE THE SAME TEXT. I've compared with the letters from other hosts, that were posted in this forum, - they are still the same. Almost like it's been written by the same person. Isn't that strange? What could that mean? That all these hosts belong to same person/group of people? Or maybe someone broke into their email and sent these "fake" letters to us, while in reality these re-sellers are up and running (see observation #1) and had no plans to screw us?

Those questions may sound silly, but still if you could share your thoughts, that'll be greatly appreciated.

1. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3063756/#Comment_3063756

2. Uhh... it has been discussed in the previous pages... but suit yourself.

Thanked by 1pepa65