Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• @Nick Who was it that advised you??

Thanked by 2kkrajk uptime
  • @pepa65 said:
    @Nick Who was it that advised you??

The Muppets

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@pepa65 said:

Clearly 1 client of CC working through some 25 hosting companies. But this client is powerless to shut down when CC keeps the servers going, for 2 more weeks. Or they worked out that CC would do that without the client having to pay for it...

I'm sure CC is doing this on their own - it won't cost them much to keep the servers unresold for 10 more days and it limits the negative fallout a bit (informing customers on a Friday evening they have to find new services by Monday is a bit unreasonable).

Thanked by 2pepa65 maverickp
  • donli said: I'm sure CC is doing this on their own

Trying to play the "good cop" now... While they are at least the enabler of all these scams.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • my theoretical guess (no accusation), is this is just a smoke screen to draw attention from the web designer we found

• Not sure if this have some connection with this but euserv.com .org etc are down too. Owner https://corehub.net/

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: Actually, someone just pointed out to me in PM that Nick said Client, meaning they knew from the start it was the same single customer.

So what if there is one guy who kept buying up little brands...? He'd probably put the same GA code on each page but otherwise might leave the pages otherwise alone and run them as separate "businesses" (in the lowend world where a "business" is a paypal account + a lease agreement), particularly if he was way over his head and didn't have time to consolidate.

Just speculating.

• @ZEROF said:
    Not sure if this have some connection with this but euserv.com .org etc are down too. Owner https://corehub.net/

@ZEROF said:
    Not sure if this have some connection with this but euserv.com .org etc are down too. Owner https://corehub.net/

no, there is no analytics, and they also have a company address

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Ok, but it's for dead pool, because I see they posted here before https://www.lowendtalk.com/search?Search=euserv.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2019

VirMach is NOT owned by CC. I worked there for over a year.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited December 2019

@pepa65 said:

thedp said: SmallWeb is the way to go!

Looks appealing and different, and UK based, which is good. The storage on their plans is tiny compared to what I'm used to (but enough for most kinds of web hosting), and a reseller plan also more expensive than I've had so far. I couldn't get info on their VPSs. It seems they haven't been around very long..?
    @thedp What makes you say they are the way to go?

The brand focuses on small plans but you're always welcome to request a custom quote. SmallWeb has been active as part of a registered company since October 2019 but I started the brand earlier this year after leaving my role as a Director of another hosting company for 3 years.

In regards to LET, I am very much no longer considering this place somewhere I can be proud to be a member of so I would kindly ask any inquiries RE: me/SmallWeb could be sent to me through my site or email if necessary. Cheers!

Thanked by 1pepa65
    edited December 2019

@teamacc said:
    Here's the updated list of all providers listed on LEB in the past 4 months. Deadpooled ones have been crossed out.

Hyper Expert (NON-CC)
    SteadyVPS (CC-BASED)
    HudsonValleyHost (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    FlipperHost (NON-CC)
    StockServers (NON-CC)
    VirMach (STABLE BRAND)
    ChicagoVPS (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    CheapWindowsVPS (CC-BASED)
    RackNerd (NON-CC)
    UK1Host (NON-CC)
    HostNamaste (CC-BASED)
    SolvedByData
    WelcomeHosting
    ServerStrong
    SupremeVPS
    PDQServer (CC-BASED)
    StrongHosting
    ArkaHosting
    WindowsVPS.host (CC-BASED)
    VPSFortune
    DCNHost
    LQHosting
    Hosting73
    MyHostingSRV
    SnowVPS
    SuperbVPS
    N3servers
    HostedSimply
    SparkVPS
    TCNHosting
    UMaxHosting
    HostBRZ
    KudoHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    x4servers
    Bigfoot Servers
    Upbeat Hosting
    SolvedByData
    WelcomeHosting
    ServerStrong
    SupremeVPS
    KayHosting
    StrongHosting
    ArkaHosting
    WindowsVPS.host (CC-BASED)
    DCNHost
    VPSFortune
    LQHosting
    Hosting73
    MyHostingSrv
    SuperbVPS
    SnowVPS
    N3servers
    ChicagoVPS (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    HostedSimply
    SparkVPS
    TCNHosting
    UMaxHosting
    HostBRZ
    HudsonVallyHost (MAIN BRAND BY CC)
    KudoHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    x4servers
    Bigfoot Servers
    Upbeat Hosting
    SolvedByData
    81VPS (NON-CC)
    WelcomeHosting
    ServerStrong
    SupremeVPS
    KayHosting
    ProfitServer (NON-CC)
    StrongHosting
    ArkaHosting
    HostMem (NON-CC)
    DCNHost
    LosAngelesVPS (NON-CC)
    LQHosting
    Hosting73
    IndoVirtue (NON-CC)
    VPSFortune
    MyHostingSRV
    SuperbVPS
    DignusData (NON-CC)
    SnowVPS
    N3servers
    VPSLOT (NON-CC)
    HostedSimply
    HostFlyte (CC-BASED)
    SparkVPS
    TCNHosting
    HostNamaste (CC-BASED)
    UMaxHosting
    HostBRZ
    SonicFast (NON-CC)
    KudoHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    Pink Networks (NON-CC)
    x4servers
    Bigfoot Servers
    StockServers (NON-CC)
    Upbeat Hosting
    SolvedByData
    WelcomeHosting
    Skyxtech (NON-CC)
    StrongHosting
    SupremeVPS
    KayHosting
    TeraDelta (NON-CC)
    ServerStrong
    ArkaHosting
    MyW (NON-CC)
    DCNHost
    LQHosting
    Crucial (NON-CC)
    Hosting73

Here's the list colorized. Deadpooled hosts in red, CC-based ones in orange, non-CC ones in green. Black friday has been made grey.

We didnt sell a single service when they posted our deal. Though, Jon was cordial. Nothing to complain about. CC staff is pretty nice as well. It may not be their fault even though there is a pattern.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@MikePT said:
    We didnt sell a single service when they posted our deal.

care to share any thoughts on the effectiveness of advertising on LEB? Was it just not a good fit for your offer, or ...?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @ZEROF said:

yes, it seems they have a downtime for whatever reason but ... what?
    you're on the wrong path here totally. corehub is not even close to being the owner of euserv. maybe they're the registrar for a domain or whatever.
    euserv is a german company with their own DC in Jena - in no way related to anything with colocrossing or the rest of this sh*t show.

Thanked by 2uptime pepa65
  • lol, that made my day...

OT IV, or Operating Thetan level 4, is the fourth of the eight Operating Thetan levels. It deals with the effects of drugs on a person's whole track (entire history of lifetimes).

• @ZEROF said:

They are down for maintenance, according to their twitter:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/euservsupportde/status/1204105954398265351

• slothxslothx Member
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:

@slothx said:
    I got hit by WelcomeHosting and KayHosting. Thankfully I'd just gotten invoices for both. Guess I walk away clean. Fun scramble to back up hosts though.

Check my whitelist for hosts that are unlikely to deadpool. Newly updated.

Ah, I keep a colo'd dedi and a VPS with ramnode for things I actually care about. Usually only use LEB boxes for location specific stuff or disposable services, its why I wasn't fussed enough to use such dodgey hosts in the first place.

Cheers though.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

@uptime said:

@MikePT said:
    We didnt sell a single service when they posted our deal.

care to share any thoughts on the effectiveness of advertising on LEB? Was it just not a good fit for your offer, or ...?

It didnt work with a nice 60% coupon paid yearly, I believe.
    Not much to say, first time we got featured. Got 24 clicks. LET is MUCH better for sales IMO.
    Its been years since LEB was a cash cow. The ads do make them serious money tho...

Thanked by 2uptime poisson
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The sure way to sell out is by posting unsustainable deals.

Thanked by 2uptime MikePT
  • @Master_Bo said:
    Did SparkVPS also use the same faceless "imminent shutdown" email notification on behalf of "Management"?

Yes SparkVPS did just that.

I just read mine at 10:30 last night they sent it out three days ago.

I though it was more BF or Cyber Monday spam....

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • TWIMC: Chris WIlliams, Editor in CHief of The Register ("El Reg") responded that they will look into this.

It would be nice if it happens.

Thanked by 3uptime pepa65 kkrajk
  • @Jord said:
    Headquarters:
    184 Main Collins St. West, Collins Street West, Victoria, 8007, Australia
    www.mercantilo.com
    Employees:
    Revenue:
    2.8M

Hmmmmmm.....

WelcomeHosting was also registered in Victoria, Australia. At least that's what the administrative contacts were on the website.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

slothx said: WelcomeHosting

WelcomeHosting nor Welcome Hosting are registered business names in AU.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @trewq said:

Aye, I definitely remember seeing a Victoria address in relation to my VPS, I remembered cause I'm in Adelaide and I was surpised the VPS was anything to do with Australians. Unable to find anything since and the only hosts I had at the time were KayHosting and Welcomehosting. Take this with the grain of salt though as I can't substantiate.

Thanked by 2trewq pepa65
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@slothx said:

@trewq said:

Aye, I definitely remember seeing a Victoria address in relation to my VPS, I remembered cause I'm in Adelaide and I was surpised the VPS was anything to do with Australians. Unable to find anything since and the only hosts I had at the time were KayHosting and Welcomehosting. Take this with the grain of salt though as I can't substantiate.

All good, sorry if I came off as trying to negate what you were staying. Just adding more info :)

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

Master_Bo said: TWIMC: Chris WIlliams, Editor in CHief of The Register ("El Reg") responded that they will look into this.

It would be nice if it happens.

oh yahahaha El Reg will bring the snarkiest take on all this for sure!

I wonder if some of this might be good grist for the Krebs on Security mill as well - say what you will about their infosec wherewithal, I think various angles of the CC scene (spam, phishing, booters, etc.) have been on their radar for quite some time ... Just saying.

Lulz ...

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • edited December 2019

a few years ago, when those good quality host started, they just a few month born, a new born provider. And a few years after that, they maintain their business, and become a "good" host.

So, something good, started from zero

And something went deadpool, also started from zero too.

• sometimes, trust your guts, you feel it cc related? with dc in buffalo? stay away.

Btw, we're using a forum, hosted on cc anyway.

Thanked by 2seriesn uptime
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2019

I'm not one to defend anyone but CC ain't the problem. Anyone can buy servers around and mount some summer host.

I don't think any DC is exempt from these kind of issues. We just happen to use LET and LEB which are related to CC. And obviously CC customers have some privilege on LEB.

Getting business papers is easy too...

• @Hxxx said:
    I'm not one to defend anyone but CC ain't the problem. Anyone can buy servers around and mount some summer host.

I don't think any DC is exempt from these kind of issues. We just happen to use LET and LEB which are related to CC. And obviously CC customers have some privilege on LEB.

Getting business papers are easy too...

And creating exceptions for LEB hosts and posts on LET also just randomly tends to happen, turning a blind eye on a blatant scam also tends to happen, pushing 25+ companies that you know will deadpool on your own marketplace also just happens...
    We are not dumb. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and smells like a duck - it aint a horse. Its a friggin duck.