Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 15
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• I'm not going to bring his name up again, so feel free to let this mini rant die out.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Yep, most of these hosts I'm checking are either hosted on cPanel servers that don't have a license or have expired 15 Day Trials.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Jord said: Yep, most of these hosts I'm checking are either hosted on cPanel servers that don't have a license or have expired 15 Day Trials.

well I guess it might be time to ban them from LET ...?

oh, wait. Nevermind.

• @Jord said:
    Yep, most of these hosts I'm checking are either hosted on cPanel servers that don't have a license or have expired 15 Day Trials.

Did they ever actually have a license? Maybe that was how they managed to keep unlimited reseller accounts, using cracked cpanel..

• @dahartigan said:

@Jord said:

Did they ever actually have a license? Maybe that was how they managed to keep unlimited reseller accounts, using cracked cpanel..

I think it is possible someone at cPanel found out about all of them and thus the hasty exit.

Thanked by 2dahartigan pepa65

@dahartigan said:

@Jord said:

No idea, I am making a list now.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    Do you guys see the irony of exposing a company on a forum owned by the same company?

Do you see the Virmach Thread with 100k111k views? such irony.
    People are bashing against CC and still buying stuff from a reseller.

If you are against CC, then stop buying anything related to them, simple, then you can go bashing.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Neoon they say consistency is a small-minded hobgoblin

I say doesn't matter, got virmach

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Neoon said:
    If you are against CC, then stop buying anything related to them, simple, then you can go bashing.

They've been clouded by the irresistible deals

• I came to the conclusion that these scams are originated with in ColoCrossing. It never being impossible for anyone to create 25+ fake accounts without LLC or any company registrations, using ColoCrossing for the hosting, leasing Dedicated Servers, buying bulk IPs, handling hardwares and network problems, handling DCMA notices inside their network. At least DCMA need a proper Know Your Customer sort of formalities, SCAM is originating inside ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Neoon said: stop buying anything related to them, simple, then you can go bashing.

fuck that. Virmach is good stuff. And I'll bash CC until the cows come home.

This is AMERICA, dammit!

Thanked by 3FAT32 MasonR pepa65
    edited December 2019

Here we go sirs, I must admit someone loves Linode over at CC.

One note all the cPanel servers that have expired all expired on the 6th Dec. So if anyone had any shared hosting accounts they wouldn't have been able to make a backup over the weekend/today.

Edit using better image upload.

• @uptime said:

Neoon said: stop buying anything related to them, simple, then you can go bashing.

fuck that. Virmach is good stuff. And I'll bash CC until the cows come home.

This is AMERICA, dammit!

And what will you do when CC fcks Virmach? Reseller is a subordinate to purveyor. Don't idolize your provider, don't imagine that they have a heart and will not sell you in a blink of an eye. If your gut says something is wrong - listen to it and stop. Ask your-self does Virmach will hold another coming year?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Neoon said:

So what? There's no evidence that VirMach is owned by CC in any way. VirMach also explained at least once that they are in no way affiliated to CC except they are their customer.

There's nothing wrong for me to bash while I am one of their clients' client. Even then, VirMach does resell more than just CC.

Do you care about how good or bad the factories who produced those foods for restaurant? Most likely not. You will most likely only care about the end result aka how nice the food is.

Similarly, if a company like VirMach proved themselves to be great, why will you want to ruin their hard work just because you don't like their upstream?

Thanked by 1pepa65

Also some of the hosting sites shared the same host node for their VMs at Linode. Even more, evidence they are connected.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:

@Neoon said:

So what? There's no evidence that VirMach is owned by CC in any way. VirMach also explained at least once that they are in no way affiliated to CC except they are their customer.

My point just was, that your or someone else his money goes indirect to ColoCrossing, the same company you/we are try to avoid because of the scams they are pulling off.

But, not every location is owned by CC they are using correct, especially on BF I saw only US locations, most of them Buffalo, NY => Colocrossing.

There's nothing wrong for me to bash while I am one of their clients' client. Even then, VirMach does resell more than just CC.

Yes, but its more delightfull if you go borderline.

Do you care about how good or bad the factories who produced those foods for restaurant? Most likely not. You will most likely only care about the end result aka how nice the food is.

I do, you don't?

Similarly, if a company like VirMach proved themselves to be great, why will you want to ruin their hard work just because you don't like their upstream?

upstream? what? They run servers in the datacenter, of colocrossing.
    No doubt, that bad CC PR will damage virmach, collateral damage.

But that's not my goal, its a side affect.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

dahartigan said: We have a history, and most of the things he's doing are thing he's accused me for, banned me and removed my sig when he wad admin here.

Not familiar with that story. Have a link for me?

dahartigan said: I got to see a side of Anthony most people don't, and all I'm saying is that the irony is too strong for me to not comment on.

Dunno, I think it's pretty consistent with his public demeanor. He's always been loud about this sort of stuff, in this case that loudness just comes with a URL in an attempt to knock LEB/LET/CC off the throne.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Wait, so these companies were not tied to their own LLCs? They must be tied to something - either social security or tax ID. If not - I am sure the IRS would love to dig a bit deeper and collect.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@hzr said:
    I don't see the slightest thing that requires heavy modification, what on earth requires that for their forum?

That had been the excuse for refusing to upgrade.

But now, with Vbulletin dead, moving to another forum, like Xenforo, will require a fair amount of efforts which is something they'd rather not bother at this point, probably.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

some troll said:
    And what will you do when CC fcks Virmach?

Laugh and move on, idgaf really

If your gut says something is wrong - listen to it and stop

well - obviously my gut seems to be telling me something quite different about virmach.

So what now? Please advice!

Ask your-self does Virmach will hold another coming year?

Ok. Magic 8-ball says YES.

Now if it's okay with you, we maybe can get back to our focus here on CC and the alleged scams apparently facilitated by some presumed insiders there who may or may not be connected with @jbiloh and @CVPS_Chris and that whole shitpool puppet show ...

Thanked by 2FAT32 pepa65
  • @t0ny0 said:
    Wait, so these companies were not tied to their own LLCs? They must be tied to something - either social security or tax ID. If not - I am sure the IRS would love to dig a bit deeper and collect.

For God's sake! Companies can be registered in the Cayman Islands, on the homeless, to whom they gave $ 50. Such registration is more than enough for everything they did. I’m not saying that ColoCrossing didn’t participate, you just don’t have to think that the hosting company must be from the USA if it rents a server in Buffalo.

edited December 2019

@joepie91 said:

dahartigan said: We have a history, and most of the things he's doing are thing he's accused me for, banned me and removed my sig when he wad admin here.

Not familiar with that story. Have a link for me?

dahartigan said: I got to see a side of Anthony most people don't, and all I'm saying is that the irony is too strong for me to not comment on.

Dunno, I think it's pretty consistent with his public demeanor. He's always been loud about this sort of stuff, in this case that loudness just comes with a URL in an attempt to knock LEB/LET/CC off the throne.

I was there when it happened.

At that time, I was in agreement with AntFish. Dagoon was indeed sig-spamming.
    But I will say that the ban was undeserved.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @uptime said:

some troll said:
    And what will you do when CC fcks Virmach?

Laugh and move on, idgaf really

If your gut says something is wrong - listen to it and stop

well - obviously my gut seems to be telling me something quite different about virmach.

So what now? Please advice!

Ask your-self does Virmach will hold another coming year?

Ok. Magic 8-ball says YES.

Now if it's okay with you, we maybe can get back to our focus here on CC and the alleged scams apparently facilitated by some presumed insiders there who may or may not be connected with @jbiloh and @CVPS_Chris and that whole shitpool puppet show ...

As a professional troll to amateur troll I advice you to increase medicine dose and pray for the fast nigh.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • So at some point, we should consider a class action suit against CC for promoting an affiliate program that's just a scheme to lock up annual deals, then shudder their affiliate(s). Has anyone heard anything from CC, or should we just keep assuming they're in on the scheme?

edited December 2019

I'd say that CC is getting a fat commission from this.

I'd even say that the whole fiasco could be CC's own doing.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@iHavenoName said:
    consider a class action suit

... estimate for size of the class?

... amount of damages?

I could be wrong, but I'm really not sure this would actually be all that interesting to most attorneys who can operate at the required level of competence

I am not a lawyer, but in bird law, the principle of caveat emptor vis-à-vis a fool's money is established precedent, to wit the Ninth Circuit ruling in Dix vs. Johnson inter alia @deank

tl;dr: #dicks

edited December 2019

The people who got scammed are looking for the same package if not cheaper.

There is no hope for those and the term "lawsuit" is not something they are capable of since it costs dearly money.

They are happy with "It worked for some months, so I am content."

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@teamacc - I guess we now know why we saw the steady price increases leading to black friday. It was all in a last pitched pump and dump effort to cash out as much as possible. No doubt they (the shithosts and CC) knew months in advance when they were going to close down the operation.

@jsgguy - still wish to defend the steady price increases of CC-backed hosts in prep for their post-BF deadpool extravaganza?

@Nick - were all of these hosts taking advantage of HVH's reseller program? Perhaps you'd like to comment on where all these hosts came from, how one person registered 20+ hosts with CC, how they secured LEB posts (while increasing prices when getting closer to their prescribed deadpool date), and how they were all able to vanish in the blink of an eye like nothing happened? Thanks mate.

• @uptime @deank @iHavenoName there is no need for lawsuits, if this is an exit scam the authorities are to investigate it, the problem the people need to report it, it could be $5 as many say, but if you add the $5+$5+$5.....+$5, its not $5 anymore, multiply that by how many years this has been going on

even if there is no smoking gun, once the authorities will start to take interest, I am pretty sure the summer host business will vanish forever, the advantage of this exit scam is that it seems to be contained in this forum, if people start spreading the word, and complain to the media or the authorities instead of wasting their breath here, in time the authorities will notice it and will start to notice also that something is not right, and I am sure whoever is behind this will stop doing it

a good start would be also to contact the website developer of all the websites and to ask for an opinion on his work and if he knows what it was used for

this, in my opinion, is the only strategy to make this stop

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I spot-checked a half-dozen of the list at WHMCS and they're all "authorized to be using WHMCS". Guessing that they won't be so authorized in a couple weeks then their monthly isn't renewed.