Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Hxxx said:
    I'm not one to defend anyone but CC ain't the problem. Anyone can buy servers around and mount some summer host.

The issue is the 84 ads in 100 days for the 25 hosting companies on a platform that's owned by CC.

I can't say that CC knew about it directly, but it's highly likely an employee was behind it. Someone who had say over what postings got published and how they got cross promoted on LET...

• @Harambe said:

@Hxxx said:
    I'm not one to defend anyone but CC ain't the problem. Anyone can buy servers around and mount some summer host.

The issue is the 84 ads in 100 days for the 25 hosting companies on a platform that's owned by CC.

I can't say that CC knew about it directly, but it's highly likely an employee was behind it. Someone who had say over what postings got published and how they got cross promoted on LET...

I agree with you, without involvement of CC insiders, this scam never possible. It is basic curtesy to ask the host to provide registration certificates etc before posting deals or promoting someone on LEB officially owned by CC. If the deal is like, I buy a dedicated servers from CC for 40 $ per month, offer to LEB that I provide a shitty VPS for 10/year, oversell for 100 customers, I get 1000$, which is 600 $ profit if I run the business, If I run away, I get 960 $ profit.

scam is originating around/within LEB, may be in corner of CC circle or centre of it.

Thanked by 2uptime pepa65
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

gks said: may be in corner of CC circle or centre of it.

CC approved it because it was in their best interest.

Same shit happened during Hiformance and all the other scam operations.

Chris has unbanned people that straight up break the rules on these forums because its in CC's best interest that the host is still allowed to sell on here.

Don't buy from CC hosts, even ones you like.

Let the host you like know that it's because of their involvement with CC.

Maybe in a few years when @jbiloh and co make their 10th "changes are coming!" posts, it'll stick.

Francisco

• 62Rz6z62Rz6z Member
    edited December 2019

Today I received an e-mail from [email protected] saying

Your subscription has been canceled. It ends on Dec 9, 2019 and you won't be charged anymore

followed an hour later by

Thank you for your payment with SnowVPS.

also from [email protected]. My paypal got charged today! I regret signing up, as switching providers, moving all files and settings, and dealing with this fraudulent transaction is just not worth it.

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited December 2019

Cha... Cha... Cha... ChAANGess

Do not look at my Signature.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@Arch can you confirm the below? Thx

Note: May not be related to the CC thread but certainly within the overall set of hosting companies closing down.

79759132-10215778836120707-7243578746907656192-n

Thanked by 2dahartigan pepa65
  • @vimalware said:

Mine Too.. Do not look at my signature.. I moved on.. LEB/LET is dead, long live Low End Community

Thanked by 12Neutron
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2019

Edited to remove non associated provider.

P.s. Shock Hosting I have had a service from quite a while ago, and from what I gather are legit but that could have changed recently.. @ShockHosting please chime in :-)

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@dahartigan said:
    @trewq another one for the collection: Arch Hosting

P.s. Shock Hosting I have had a service from quite a while ago, and from what I gather are legit but that could have changed recently.. @ShockHosting please chime in :-)

Arch Hosting was a legit company and it's sad to see them go. I guess Liam had a bigger role than was apparent, so his departure left a gap they couldn't fill. However sad as this is, they weren't a shitty CC-based company and shouldn't be lumped in with such IMO.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@MasonR said:

Arch Hosting was a legit company and it's sad to see them go. I guess Liam had a bigger role than was apparent, so his departure left a gap they couldn't fill. However sad as this is, they weren't a shitty CC-based company and shouldn't be lumped in with such IMO.

I've added the clarification or following note when I posted: (updated, it now reads as below):

Note: May not be related to the CC thread but certainly within the overall set of hosting companies closing down.

edit:
    The list of companies so far has included non-CC hosts - some of them may be good guys. I do not see why Arch should not be included in the list.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Hi,

Offtopic, but can someone direct me on how to setup a short run business? I searched on LEB and wasn't able to find the official tutorial on "scam hosting by CC". Note that we have lots of money.

:trollface:

@gks said:

@vimalware said:

Mine Too.. Do not look at my signature.. I moved on.. LEB/LET is dead, long live Low End Community

What signature? You mean mine?

• @MasonR said:

I just edited them out of my post, feel free to do the same where you quoted me :-)

Thanks for clarifying that Mason, I trust your word 100%

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • LE* Hosts recently:

Thanked by 2dahartigan 2Neutron
  • @MasonR said:

@dahartigan said:
    @trewq another one for the collection: Arch Hosting

Seconded. Arch Hosting is definitely legit. I have personally received very good services from them. Very sad to see them go.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

Concur that good guys going Out of business does not call for clubbing them with the CC hosts. With that logic, till recently I have received good service from @StockServers who have been mentioned in the list as well.

Then I say fair is fair, if Arch hosting is not to be included in the list, then a review of the whole non-cc list is called for. There are hosts tagged under CC when they have only one DC operated by CC. Don't see CC operating a DC in India, for example.

Anyways, it's a moot point. I am not the one maintaining and updating the list, I leave it to those who are. Their work is commendable, don't see a reason to read much more into individual instances.

• but do we have any company information from the invoices? which paypal e-mail was used to pay the funds, to which company? has anyone used a credit card to pay or they offered only paypal, what is the company name on the transactions? what is the company name on the invoices? is it legal in the US to issue invoices without company names?

• slothx said: 184 Main Collins St. West, Collins Street West, Victoria, 8007, Australia

Not sure if that's even a legit address... 8007 isn't a valid postcode for street addresses in Melbourne. It's just for PO Boxes, but that's a street address. Seems like it's across the road from the Regent Theatre. 🤔

Francisco said: Let the host you like know that it's because of their involvement with CC.

I wish @VirMach didn't use ColoCrossing. Their service is great but I really don't want to support ColoCrossing :/

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • gksgks Member
    edited December 2019

@tgl said:
    but do we have any company information from the invoices? which paypal e-mail was used to pay the funds, to which company? has anyone used a credit card to pay or they offered only paypal, what is the company name on the transactions? what is the company name on the invoices? is it legal in the US to issue invoices without company names?

Whatever news we read about USA is all about everything seems OK (legal) except Trump.

Invoice from UMaxHosting.. No company name, etc, but the VPS worked after few hickups, ours is mostly for testing apps.

Edit: Tried attaching image, not showing up..

https://imgur.com/a/tr6hPYn

Thanked by 1tgl
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@gks said:

@tgl said:
    but do we have any company information from the invoices? which paypal e-mail was used to pay the funds, to which company? has anyone used a credit card to pay or they offered only paypal, what is the company name on the transactions? what is the company name on the invoices? is it legal in the US to issue invoices without company names?

Whatever news we read about USA is all about everything seems OK (legal) except Trump.

Invoice from UMaxHosting.. No company name, etc, but the VPS worked after few hickups, ours is mostly for testing apps.

IIRC, CVPS invoice also didn't have a logo back in the days. Don't know about now though :joy:

• @gks said:

@tgl said:

do you happen to also have a paypal statement or something? there the company name is mentioned for sure

• has anyone else paid the Paypal invoice to FastSpring ?

• @tgl said:
    has anyone else paid the Paypal invoice to FastSpring ?

Yes, this is what mine are showing as too.

Thanked by 1tgl
  • pepa65pepa65 Member
    edited December 2019

This is to Stonghosting.net, saying it would show up in bank statements as "FS *StrongHosting"
    Invoice with address:
    invoice unpaid
    invoice unpaid

Paid with different address, mentioning FastSpring:
    invoice paid
    invoice paid

[edit: can't make the image embedding work...]

Thanked by 1tgl
  • @tgl said:

@gks said:

@tgl said:

do you happen to also have a paypal statement or something? there the company name is mentioned for sure

No company name, it says UMaxHosting

Below information, I-96A9AMMYP68R seems to be associated with umaxhosting.

To: UMaxHosting
    For: UMaxHosting - Invoice #XXXXXXX
    Profile ID: I-96A9AMMYP68R
    Automatic payment ID: I-96A9AMMYP68R
    Merchant website: https://www.umaxhosting.com/

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@jbiloh @Nick any idea who FastSpring is? what about mercantilo.com or Florian Laplantif? have you alerted the authorities telling them that you suspect you have been the victim of a fraud? I mean it seems 25 companies were actually one, the FBI I am sure is interested in this, FastSpring seems to be a payment processor and was used as a proxy to cover the real identities of these companies, did 25 companies pay? @Nick mentioned one client, then why are there 25 different companies advertised there? do you have any idea? was that a typo?

@CVPS_Chris what do you think about this incident? do you have an opinion on what should be done?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Merchant website: https://www.umaxhosting.com/

Ugh, it's still up. How am I gonna explain to Paypal why the dispute?

• edited December 2019

@vaviloff said:

Merchant website: https://www.umaxhosting.com/

Ugh, it's still up. How am I gonna explain to Paypal why the dispute?

A link to this thread should do the trick.
    EDIT: Perhaps also include a link to ZDNets article.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • tgl said: any idea who FastSpring is?

payment provider, usually sell software, never seen them do hosting before. it's like 2checkout.

Thanked by 2pepa65 uptime
  • tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

[removed]