Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

I like bamboo, I see a potential for some bamboo shafting soon....

Thanked by 1bamboopuppy
  • @Jord said:
    I like bamboo, I see a potential for some bamboo shafting soon....

I like you, I like sex, is very nice!

• Please add Arch Hosting to your list of closing hosts. They're closing 1/10.

• Just when you think they have reached the lowest, they come up with something showing that their lowest end has yet to come.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Scamming as a Service (SaaS) brought to you by CC.

• @poisson said:
    Just when you think they have reached the lowest, they come up with something showing that their lowest end has yet to come.

Kudos to them for keeping this forum alive and not down for “attack”, while these drama unfolds.

Thanked by 2dahartigan pepa65
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited December 2019

Lowendbox.com: we keep you guessing how low is low

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @seriesn said:

@poisson said:
    Just when you think they have reached the lowest, they come up with something showing that their lowest end has yet to come.

Kudos to them for keeping this forum alive and not down for “attack”, while these drama unfolds.

Stop giving them ideas 😂

• @eeellama said:
    Please add Arch Hosting to your list of closing hosts. They're closing 1/10.

Future tense? So, checks title, have NOT dead pooled?

• Arch Hosting or ArchHosting, last year listed not only at LEB but at other very famous deals websites, with a lifetime offer, is also closing in the next weeks. Already have refugee deal that won't honor the lifetime accounts... "Well would you look at that"?

"It is with deepest apologies and regret, that Arch Hosting LLC will be closing down on the 10th of January, 2020. Due to unforeseen circumstances we are no longer able to continue operations. To ensure that there is minimal impact on your website, we have managed to secure a refugee arrangement with a reputable provider. Shock Hosting has agreed to provide special pricing and honor existing expiration dates on all paid hosting services and domains"

"all paid" , except lifetime ones. Amazing companies we find at the web hosting world.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @TimboJones said:

@eeellama said:

Present continuous/progressive tense.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@eeellama said:

hello @eeellama (and @webmaster24)

based on some discussion here already, I'm inclined to believe that the Arch Hosting shutdown would belong on an entirely different list ("doing it right, not a scam") :)

This thread is all about the 2019 LEB Shitpool 25 - many of which seem to be sockpuppets for someone closer to the action at CC

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @webmaster24 said:
    Arch Hosting or ArchHosting, last year listed not only at LEB but at other very famous deals websites, with a lifetime offer, is also closing in the next weeks. Already have refugee deal that won't honor the lifetime accounts... "Well would you look at that"?

"It is with deepest apologies and regret, that Arch Hosting LLC will be closing down on the 10th of January, 2020. Due to unforeseen circumstances we are no longer able to continue operations. To ensure that there is minimal impact on your website, we have managed to secure a refugee arrangement with a reputable provider. Shock Hosting has agreed to provide special pricing and honor existing expiration dates on all paid hosting services and domains"

"all paid" , except lifetime ones. Amazing companies we find at the web hosting world.

Boss,
    No offense, but "Lifetime" deals with a one-time payment, for a service that has a monthly cost, is only valid for the "lifetime" of the business. Unfortunately, no one knows if that "lifetime" is 1 day, 1 month, 1 year or 1 decade.

• I don't know the details at all, this was couple hours ago, just that they were a "Leb Host" (first time I saw them).

• @uptime said:

@eeellama said:

hello @eeellama (and @webmaster24)

based on some discussion here already, I'm inclined to believe that the Arch Hosting shutdown would belong on an entirely different list ("doing it right, not a scam") :)

This thread is all about the 2019 LEB Shitpool 25 - many of which seem to be sockpuppets for someone closer to the action at CC

Until they're proven to be a CC shitpuppet they are clear from inclusion on the shitlist on account of it being part of a non related shitsystem.

Thanked by 2uptime Master_Bo
  • @webmaster24 said:
    I don't know the details at all, this was couple hours ago, just that they were a "Leb Host" (first time I saw them).

ExtraVM are also a LEB host, by that logic.

• @poisson said:

@TimboJones said:

@eeellama said:

Present continuous/progressive tense.

Present is next month? Closing business, not dead pooling. Hasn't started dead pooling nor will. I guess "dead pooling" has different meaning to different people, but an organized migration to another provider wouldn't fit what I've always considered "dead pooling" (e g. turn off the lights and go home, shit runs until hardware or software fails and no one there to fix). That scenario I'd say fits "present continuous/progressive".

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Well, as I said, if post says "A bunch of LEB hosts" and I saw it on Leb, how can I know if it's closely related with CC or not? I don't and I don't care (?!).

Thanked by 2uptime KermEd
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

@webmaster24 said:
    I don't know the details at all, this was couple hours ago, just that they were a "Leb Host" (first time I saw them).

Don't tarnish his good name by calling @MikeA a LEB Host. He is prem. "Budget Friendly" yes. LEB, hell nah.

Edit: We are coming to a point, where calling someone a LEB host feels as slimy as calling them an offshore/HackForum host.

Thanked by 2vimalware pepa65
  • @seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@webmaster24 said:

Don't tarnish his good name by calling @MikeA a LEB Host. He is prem. "Budget Friendly" yes. LEB, hell nah.

Edit: We are coming to a point, where calling someone a LEB host feels as slimy as calling them an offshore/HackForum host.

I was making the point that by that guy's logic, any host that's been featured on LEB is a LEB host, but there's a distinctive difference between those and the CC shithosts in question.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@webmaster24 said:

I was making the point that by that guy's logic, any host that's been featured on LEB is a LEB host, but there's a distinctive difference between those and the CC shithosts in question.

I know what you meant my good Borat :). P.S Rewatched Borat today, thanks to you.

• @seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@webmaster24 said:

I know what you meant my good Borat :). P.S Rewatched Borat today, thanks to you.

Haha now may you understand glorious potassium reference for make benefit low end community.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@webmaster24 said:

Haha now may you understand glorious potassium reference for make benefit low end community.

I just want to visit California now. That's all :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@webmaster24 said:

I just want to visit California now. That's all :)

To meet that beautiful womans with the red water panties?

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @webmaster24 said:
    how can I know if it's closely related with CC or not?

1) no IPv6, Buffaloe ?
    2) ...
    3) Profit!

or you can just be easy come, easy go

little high, little low

anyway the wind blows

doesn't really matter ... to me

• @donli said:

Does digitalocean know about that?

I asked DO support whether it's OK to resell their droplets this way.

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • somiksomik Member
    edited December 2019

Cc: Is it making us money? Then it's good

Users: But we are getting scammed!

Cc: That's your fault :naughty:

ScamHost: :trollface:

Users: :bawling:

Rest of the world: WTF!

• The general consensus: ColoCrossing is a shitshow, always has been and always will. Yet for some reason we all keep coming back here, keeping this place viable.

That said, I'll be logging out to never login back again. This place was fun while it lasted. I've never been an active user so I don't actually expect people to know me, but for those who know me: I'll be around on LES and HB.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many customers and how much money might might be involved?

In the grand internet tradition, I'll put out a half-assed guess and wait for a "no, you are wrong!" to get a better answer

Total customers: about 2500

Total amount scammed: approximately $25,000

• @uptime said:
    Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many customers and how much money might might be involved?

In the grand internet tradition, I'll put out a half-assed guess and wait for a "no, you are wrong!" to get a better answer

Total customers: about 2500

Total amount scammed: approximately $25,000

Their plans are $20 or more each. Remember that it's all yearly plans. They put the plans on offer at $20 to 40, while on their website it costs $30 to 60.

So even if I take $30 as average per user, and say each user had only 1 plan (remember, most people had multiple servers with them), the minimum they scammed is $75,000.00

Given their server costs around $200 each and I say they had 25 servers, that's $5,000.00.

So their profit was around $70,000.00 before salary and other associated costs.

That's a very good Christmas bonus!

Thanked by 1uptime