Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• @somik said:

@uptime said:
    Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many customers and how much money might might be involved?

In the grand internet tradition, I'll put out a half-assed guess and wait for a "no, you are wrong!" to get a better answer

Total customers: about 2500

Total amount scammed: approximately $25,000

Their plans are $20 or more each. Remember that it's all yearly plans. They put the plans on offer at $20 to 40, while on their website it costs $30 to 60.

So even if I take $30 as average per user, and say each user had only 1 plan (remember, most people had multiple servers with them), the minimum they scammed is $75,000.00

Given their server costs around $200 each and I say they had 25 servers, that's $5,000.00.

So their profit was around $70,000.00 before salary and other associated costs.

That's a very good Christmas bonus!

Not all of the hosts plans were $20+ yearly. I had 3 different yearly servers with Umax Hosting @$12/yr each and a monthly plan with Bigfoot Servers @ $10.95/mnth. Without any idea just how many customers each host that deadpooled really had and how much each customer spent with each host I would say it would be very hard to make an educated guess as to how customers were involved and how much money was taken.

You make a great guess @somik, and I am not saying you are wrong. Was just pointing out that not all the plans were yearly @ $20+ or just yearly plans. Either way, like you said, " That's a very good Christmas bonus! " however much they actually got.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • BTW, I guess I was one of the more lucky ones because my yearly servers would have renewed early January and my monthly service would have renewed Dec 13th. Got almost a year out of the 3 yearly ones and the monthly one just 3 days short of the month I paid for. So I reckon I got my moneys worth unlike so many more who didn't.

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • @geekyhillbilly said:

@somik said:

@uptime said:
    Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many customers and how much money might might be involved?

In the grand internet tradition, I'll put out a half-assed guess and wait for a "no, you are wrong!" to get a better answer

Total customers: about 2500

Total amount scammed: approximately $25,000

Their plans are $20 or more each. Remember that it's all yearly plans. They put the plans on offer at $20 to 40, while on their website it costs $30 to 60.

So even if I take $30 as average per user, and say each user had only 1 plan (remember, most people had multiple servers with them), the minimum they scammed is $75,000.00

Given their server costs around $200 each and I say they had 25 servers, that's $5,000.00.

So their profit was around $70,000.00 before salary and other associated costs.

That's a very good Christmas bonus!

Not all of the hosts plans were $20+ yearly. I had 3 different yearly servers with Umax Hosting @$12/yr each and a monthly plan with Bigfoot Servers @ $10.95/mnth. Without any idea just how many customers each host that deadpooled really had and how much each customer spent with each host I would say it would be very hard to make an educated guess as to how customers were involved and how much money was taken.

You make a great guess @somik, and I am not saying you are wrong. Was just pointing out that not all the plans were yearly @ $20+ or just yearly plans. Either way, like you said, " That's a very good Christmas bonus! " however much they actually got.

Haha, we're just mint making some uneducated guesses here, so high chance we are very wrong. What I would bet on is that they got a lot of money out of this for this Christmas at our loss.

• Plot twist: it's all an early/late April Fool's joke

• @Master_Bo said:

@donli said:

Does digitalocean know about that?

I asked DO support whether it's OK to resell their droplets this way.

In short: BitVPS is a member of DigitalOcean Solutions Partner Program. So yes, they are most probably reselling DO droplets as LEB offer.

Thanked by 2uptime angstrom
  • somiksomik Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Plot twist: it's all an early/late April Fool's joke

While in some other forum:

Hi, I am looking for 25 to 30 hosting related domains. Must be registered for more then 1 year. We prefer domains like ***host.com where the *** can be any alphabets.

Thanked by 3dahartigan uptime DP
  • @somik said:

@dahartigan said:

Hi, I am looking for 25 to 30 hosting related domains. Must be registered for more then 1 year. We prefer domains like ***host.com where the *** can be any alphabets.

It would be interesting to see the link to that post.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Master_Bo said:

@somik said:

@dahartigan said:

It would be interesting to see the link to that post.

oh ffs, really? Lololol

Please tell me that trolling for domains is an early (or late) April Fool's joke as well! :open_mouth:

• @uptime said:
    Please tell me that trolling for domains is an early (or late) April Fool's joke as well! :open_mouth:

OK, so it was a fake, not a real forum post. No problem.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

hmmmm ... k

I am confuse.

https://nigh.host ... is still nigh

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@somik said:

@dahartigan said:

Hah! That would be epic if someone actually requested that in public :joy:

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:
    hmmmm ... k

I am confuse.

Sigh! really Nigh.

nigh-host-14-Dec2019

• Arkahosting said we will close on december 12. But they have my vps online and Today is 14

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @cfred data is possess by zombiehost

• @teamacc said:
    Here's a list of the last 4 months of posts on LEB and whether they're still alive.

Keep the long list updated...

• @cfred said:
    Arkahosting said we will close on december 12. But they have my vps online and Today is 14

their website also still accepting new order, whats going on? :/

• masedi said: their website also still accepting new order

That's standard practice in this league.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @pepa65 said:

masedi said: their website also still accepting new order

Standard practice of scamming low end user? 😡

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @masedi said:

@pepa65 said:

masedi said: their website also still accepting new order

Standard practice of scamming low end user? 😡

Well, one can just ask them, through support ticket.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Well, it seems a number of colocrossing LEB hosts are still online past the deadline; even past the bonus 10 days that CC agreed to keep things running. Anyone want to recompile the list for a definitive "get your data while you can" blitz?

• edited December 2019

I'm wondering if CC meant 10 days past the original date they were supposed to be gone or 10 days starting when they said they were keeping them up an additional 10 days. Not sure what the date was they said they were keeping them up an additional ten days but if they meant from 12/9 then they should start going offline on 12/19 or 12/20 depending on if you count 12/9 as one of the 10 days. Only time will tell I reckon.

• SparkVPS has been responding to tickets I've opened when my VPS was down. However, when I questioned them as to if they are shutting down, they have confirmed that this is the case. Then when I questioned them as to why, there was no response.Glad my term was almost over and I hadn't renewed...

• Master_Bo said: Well, one can just ask them, through support ticket.

I am sure they are "working on it", as they are "working out" if a refund is going to be issued...

• @pepa65 said:

Master_Bo said: Well, one can just ask them, through support ticket.

I am sure they are "working on it", as they are "working out" if a refund is going to be issued...

More like they are working out a plan on how to spend the money scammed off you.

Thanked by 2kkrajk pepa65
  • If the support ticketing handling is out sourced, then I pity them.

• Well, ATM BigFoorServers site is still active. They do not provide hosting packages, but domain registration is still possible.

So much about "imminent shutdown".

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

In case anyone is looking for a new home.

Highly reKommended.

uptime said:

Thanked by 2uptime vyas11
  • @MechanicWeb said:
    In case anyone is looking for a new home.

Highly reKommended.

uptime said:

As soon as nigh.host gets provider tag and starts offering LET special deals, I will transfer all my VPS'es there.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @not_dilligaf said:
    If the support ticketing handling is out sourced, then I pity them.

Probably owed back pay and promised they'll be made whole again. My advice to them, don't expect to see a cent.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

We're open to offering a deal to any refugees, as long as they're legit customers!

BTW has CC commented on this thread? I'm late and don't have the time read all these posts. I'm surprised it's not locked.