Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 56
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Comments

• @phucvandinh said:

@gMan33 said:

@oriend said:
    Did someone register an account recently? I'd like to know how much they reserve on the card.

About 2$

$200 for me to upgrade to paid so i can create 25GB RAM.

Do you mean the one-off deposit they take when you upgrade your account to paid? They will refund it right away.

• In the Netherlands, I've seen 0.48 Gbps for Intel and 1 Gbps per core for ARM. 

• @tedtomato said:

@phucvandinh said:

@gMan33 said:

@oriend said:
    Did someone register an account recently? I'd like to know how much they reserve on the card.

About 2$

Do you mean the one-off deposit they take when you upgrade your account to paid? They will refund it right away.

The 200$ is for verification if the cc is good It will release right after

• @phucvandinh said:

@tedtomato said:

@phucvandinh said:

@gMan33 said:

@oriend said:

About 2$

The 200$ is for verification if the cc is good It will release right after

They just block 1 USD for verification.

• @Sapcedor said:

They just block 1 USD for verification.

No, it's a higher amount from upgrading to a Pay as you Go account.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Did anyone else get their servers inaccessible since 30 minutes ago?

• @rm_ said:
    Did anyone else get their servers inaccessible since 30 minutes ago?

I have 4 servers in Oracle, Netherlands region, and I did not get any downtime.

• ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted

lol, google is better

• @ninjatk said:
    lol, google is better

What do you mean? From a free tier or downtime perspective?

Free tier: definitely not.

Downtime: maybe?

• @ninjatk said:
    lol, google is better

What VPS from Google is better than Oracle anyway?

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited December 2022

Woke up to find all 3 instances in my Oracle cloud account are 'stopped' and if I try to start them it says ...instance is disabled and will not accept any action requests. Please contact customer support to reenable.

I'm on free tier and it won't connect me to any customer support.

Upgraded to Pay as you go, validated payment method but I guess it takes time to convert free to paid account. I'm stuck with dead servers.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • ElonBezosElonBezos Member
    edited December 2022

@mehargags said:
    Woke up to find all 3 instances in my Oracle cloud account are 'stopped' and if I try to start them it says ...instance is disabled and will not accept any action requests. Please contact customer support to reenable.

I'm on free tier and it won't connect me to any customer support.

Upgraded to Pay as you go, validated payment method but I guess it takes time to convert free to paid account. I'm stuck with dead servers.

pls tell us later about all your progress since i might also switch to paid acc

edit: sorry for tagging another person

• I would say converting it to pay as you go is the best option. You have access to decent support, many times through live chat and I have found them very responsive.

Most of the answers from support folks tend to be create a case and that's a good start

Thanked by 12bluesc
  • Yes @plumberg
    I did upgrade to Pay as you go and raised a Service Request. In a few minutes the two ARM instances were bootable while the x86 1GB Free tier instance remains disabled. The tech support rep I spoke with says he is looking into it and will update soon.

will post my experience and reports as I make progress.

Now I just want to know if they would imply any charge for the 'free' resources I'm using or will it continue to be 'free'.

Thanked by 12bluesc
  • @mehargags said:
    Now I just want to know if they would imply any charge for the 'free' resources I'm using or will it continue to be 'free'.

No charge, they stay included under the 'always free' resources even on PAYG. (Always free resources are however restricted to your home region when you registered the account.)

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • wuckwuck Member
    edited December 2022

Post being quite lengthy I am going to ask it, is 50gb disk the max for a ARM 4/24gb ram Always Free?

• @wuck said:
    Post being quite lengthy I am going to ask it, is 50gb disk the max for a ARM 4/24gb ram Always Free?

Min is 47.9GB or some arbitrary number near that for boot volumes. The max is the max you have in allocation of always-free tier, being 200GB shared across the other offerings (the two x86 instances boot volumes and block volumes).

Thanked by 1wuck
  • @wuck said:

So bottom line if you wanted to you could just have one big instance with a 200gb disk.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@wuck said:

You can add additional as max free is 200GB

• Getting this for some reason, any ideas why?

• @JohnFilch123 said:

Getting this for some reason, any ideas why?

Maybe addblocker or maybe yer account is limited.

• @xaoc said:

>

Maybe addblocker or maybe yer account is limited.

It is working now, so maybe was under review or something

• Oracle is disappointing. No Debian. Guess you can verify / upgrade then do a custom image.

• So after almost a week after I upgraded to pay as you go and my services were restored, the account is SUSPENDED without any mail or alert. Tried to reach support on chat and they closed the chat saying Account was cancelled by their system and can't be recovered.

I will pay them back with an equal regard by making sure none of my clients and future projects go on Oracle's shitty system. They are bound to be doomed sooner or later and to an unrecoverable extent they can't make it back.

Oracle can just go FUCK themselves in their face

Thanked by 1alilet
  • @bamboo4409 said:
    Oracle is disappointing. No Debian. Guess you can verify / upgrade then do a custom image.

You can use a script like this: https://github.com/bohanyang/debi

• @mehargags said:
    So after almost a week after I upgraded to pay as you go and my services were restored, the account is SUSPENDED without any mail or alert. Tried to reach support on chat and they closed the chat saying Account was cancelled by their system and can't be recovered.

I will pay them back with an equal regard by making sure none of my clients and future projects go on Oracle's shitty system. They are bound to be doomed sooner or later and to an unrecoverable extent they can't make it back.

Real question is what were you doing with your server

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • @mehargags said:

Honestly, somebody probably made that T-shirt ages ago. Oracle is known to be absolute cunts.

Thanked by 1xaoc
  • lol people do all sort of crazy shit, get banned and complain on LET that Oracle is bad :)

Thanked by 2TimRoo Falzo
  • Running 5 small websites since march 2020, everything is fine.
    Using the 4core 24G arm with 200G disk

Have no payment method associated or anything, just a plain always free account.
    Not sure how people get suspended, complain and blabla, here everything is smooth.
    Of course, I have backups every 6 hours to other locations just in case everything burns, but it still works better than some paid popular providers here for my needs.

• Out of capacity for shape VM.Standard.E2.1.Micro in availability domain AD-1. Create the instance in a different availability domain or try again later. If you specified a fault domain, try creating the instance without specifying a fault domain. If that doesn’t work, please try again later. Learn more about host capacity.

i always getting this error when select Always free