Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 37
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

DA_Mark said: I'll make sure you get your funds back.

I am screwing you over on a trial licence at the minute, going to milk that one right up until the last second. Then I will use one of these credit cards I have. One of them is likely to work, the one with the name Simon Fletcher sounds like it's a winner.

• @Lee said:

I am screwing you over on a trial licence at the minute, going to milk that one right up until the last second. Then I will use one of these credit cards I have. One of them is likely to work, the one with the name Simon Fletcher sounds like it's a winner.

I may be new in terms of account time, but I'm a long time LET lurker. Funds back means compensating you for all your damages and time and lost business. The fact you got something free or cheap doesn't really change that.

• LeeLee Veteran

DA_Mark said: I may be new in terms of account time, but I'm a long time LET lurker. Funds back means compensating you for all your damages and time and lost business. The fact you got something free or cheap doesn't really change that.

I know how many of the LET crowd are ahead of me, some already have new hosts up and running that never used DA before last Friday, by the time they lose millions and have crowdfunded an angry, torch-wielding mob to come after your ass there will be nothing left for me.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Some silly comments on this thread. Needs a clean up. Let's keep it professional, ayyyyyyy bois ok ? Thanks

Thanked by 1imok
  • @TinFoil2019 said:
    @yokowasis it is an extension for yearly licenses not for monthly. So hostmantis would only benefit if they actually purchased yearly licenses

this situation is so fucked up, I even got a dream that says otherwise.

We can't blame all of this on hostmantis. hostmantis has done its math, the only problem is, the math is not transparent. If he tell the community his math, I am pretty sure we can relate.

I myself currently learning about cyberpanel and plan to move my client from hostmantis into cyberpanel on mrvm singapore nat, because as of right now, I can't find any directadmin share hosting reseller provider. With the situation right now, I can't take any chance with hostmantis. There is always a chance them going belly up next month when they can't pay their cpanel bill.

• yokowasis said: There is always a chance them going belly up next month when they can't pay their cpanel bill.

We made the changes we did to avoid this.

• emghemgh Member

@HostMantis said:

yokowasis said: There is always a chance them going belly up next month when they can't pay their cpanel bill.

We made the changes we did to avoid this.

And also to bank.

yokowasis said: We can't blame all of this on hostmantis

Watch me.

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited July 2019

Most of the clients doesn't really care what control panel will be used since the alternative is easy to use like VestaPanel or CyperPanel they are both simple and even easier than cpanel, but for sure we should tell the clients one month before and a vps cPanel server should be ready to host any client complain about changing the panel, until he finishes the contract period.

• donlidonli Member

Got email today from a host (that's been featured multiple times on LEB) offering 100 GB cPanel/WHM + WHMReseller Alpha Reseller accounts for $19/year. I wonder if they are just going to disappear Sept 1st.

• even with price updates after the general panic, still too expensive for LET users and plenty of providers.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited July 2019

@yokowasis said:

@TinFoil2019 said:
    @yokowasis it is an extension for yearly licenses not for monthly. So hostmantis would only benefit if they actually purchased yearly licenses

We can't blame all of this on hostmantis. hostmantis has done its math, the only problem is, the math is not transparent. If he tell the community his math, I am pretty sure we can relate.

I myself currently learning about cyberpanel and plan to move my client from hostmantis into cyberpanel on mrvm singapore nat, because as of right now, I can't find any directadmin share hosting reseller provider. With the situation right now, I can't take any chance with hostmantis. There is always a chance them going belly up next month when they can't pay their cpanel bill.

IMO, service going bad (for provider being sold, or changing policy, or something third) is always something to count on, as well as price changes.

Always have backups and be prepared to move.

Of course, it's best not doing business in the first place with people / companies you don't trust - so in those terms, your decision is perfectly sensible.

I'm actually less worried now, than when they sold me (and, probably, many others) reseller hosting for 0.5 $ per month. But we'll see. Hope they survive and just play more carefully in the future.

Thanked by 1level6
  • donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@bikegremlin said:

I'm actually less worried now, than when they sold me (and, probably, many others) reseller hosting for 0.5 $ per month. But we'll see. Hope they survive and just play more carefully in the future.

Whenever a business effectively increases their prices over 200% they're basically choosing a different business model and I question if they can continue as a company. I specifically chose only shared (not-reseller) hosting products to avoid what I saw as the over reselling of reseller but it turns out that didn't work as protection from the insanity.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • @donli said:

@bikegremlin said:

Whenever a business effectively increases their prices over 200% they're basically choosing a different business model and I question if they can continue as a company. I specifically chose only shared (not-reseller) hosting products to avoid what I saw as the over reselling of reseller but it turns out that didn't work as protection from the insanity.

I think the price increase is the case with most reseller hosting providers.
    Perhaps not with shared, but with reseller, definitely, especially the ones who didn't put any limits on the number of cPanel accounts created by the reseller.
    Though the more expensive ones are most likely to honor the current, paid for, deals.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@yokowasis said:

@TinFoil2019 said:

Check our offers thread. We provide reseller accounts @ DA.

• @MikePT said:

@yokowasis said:

@TinFoil2019 said:

Check our offers thread. We provide reseller accounts @ DA.

I am looking for Singapore.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • edited July 2019

A big FU to the poor people of the world by cPanel, no regard for those starting up and just getting by. This has closed down 6 of my customers, they have stopped selling web hosting.

• imokimok Member

@Hxxx said:
    Some silly comments on this thread. Needs a clean up. Let's keep it professional, ayyyyyyy bois ok ? Thanks

No. You are not @MikePT2.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

websitehostingvps said: A big FU to the poor people of the world by cPanel, no regard for those starting up and just getting by. This has closed down 6 of my customers, they have stopped selling web hosting.

I mean, diversify, find alternatives or lie down and accept it. But as always, being so reliant on a single provider does not make it their fault that you/your clients fail.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • cPanel's loss long-term. All the best to DirectAdmin going forward.

• donlidonli Member

@HostXNow said:
    cPanel's loss long-term. All the best to DirectAdmin going forward.

We'll have to see what happens in a year. Unless DirectAdmin is as good as cPanel I don't see the more expensive hosting providers (those charging $40+/year) switching.

Thanked by 2DA_Mark Sofia_K
  • cdrivecdrive Member

@donli said:
    Got email today from a host (that's been featured multiple times on LEB) offering 100 GB cPanel/WHM + WHMReseller Alpha Reseller accounts for $19/year. I wonder if they are just going to disappear Sept 1st.

perhaps milking the clients to the last bit :wink:

I'm interested to know what DA will bring to the table in replacement of this void gap made by cPanel.

• donlidonli Member

@cdrive said:

I'm interested to know what DA will bring to the table in replacement of this void gap made by cPanel.

Be sure to follow developments in:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158632/directadmin-feedback-thread-feedback-wanted-to-help-improve-the-product/p1

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@asrhost said:
    visit https://www.buylicense.org
    Here all license are low cost

Until they integrate the new plans.

cPanel is giving no one any sort of grace to get away from the pricing. Unless BuyLicense plans to operate at a loss and go bankrupt, they will do the same.

Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

asrhost said: Visit BuyLicense.org and contact him live chat

Sure, do you think he'll be OK eating my $3500/month cPanel bill?

I'd love it if he'd let me pay just $1000/month.

Francisco

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

The user atozlowcost is banned for the following reasons:

• He is sharing a shortened link
    • The link contains a website for nulled scripts
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2019

As @Francisco said, most license resellers are still negotiating with cPanel their final prices. Once that kick in, everyone will feel the pain. Pretty soon.

@Francisco said:

@asrhost said:
    visit https://www.buylicense.org
    Here all license are low cost

Until they integrate the new plans.

cPanel is giving no one any sort of grace to get away from the pricing. Unless BuyLicense plans to operate at a loss and go bankrupt, they will do the same.

Francisco

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Concidering cPanel has been pondering over this for weeks.... (maybe more) their PR team isn’t equipped with much detail...

A lot of partners have no confirmed pricing... everyone is in the dark until they start to get bills....

• Very gutted about this. Had just reached a nice smoothe point in our business after a period of movements and then BOOM - another load of sh1t to eat - thanks cPanel! What is worse is the Oakley Capital shareprice is going up from this news since june 27th :-(

• donlidonli Member

And LEB today is promoting a host offering a 200 GB cPanel reseller with unlimited accounts for $ 2.30/month ($63 Triennially). I think there will be a surprise at the end of summer there for many people.

• xaocxaoc Member

@donli said:
    And LEB today is promoting a host offering a 200 GB cPanel reseller with unlimited accounts for $ 2.30/month ($63 Triennially). I think there will be a surprise at the end of summer there for many people.

I reckon the host will have a fun time paying the cPanel bill @ the end of their billing period.