Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 40
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• It’s not only managing the VPS you have to factor in licence costs, maintenance, updates, etc as well as time so even if you are paying $10 a month on a reseller it will still be cheaper than running your own VPS.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • akhfaakhfa Member
    edited July 2019

@level6 said:

@jcaleb said:

WPF said: cPanel will force small hosting provider to use other control panel or kill them because some provider remove reseller service

Will Reseller business die soon?

I think the only thing that will kill reseller is easier to manage VPS. VPS is still more work.

VPS does not need more work. It does what it should. It is people that need to learn to understand them, and if the people can't learn, they need to spend money for other people that already do the learning :wink:

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@LeonDynamic said:
    It’s not only managing the VPS you have to factor in licence costs, maintenance, updates, etc as well as time so even if you are paying $10 a month on a reseller it will still be cheaper than running your own VPS.

Yep, exactly. Start adding in the extras that are pretty standard on shared/reseller accounts nowadays and it gets expensive really quick. Add CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, Softaculous, etc and your VPS just tripled in price.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Harambe said:

@LeonDynamic said:
    It’s not only managing the VPS you have to factor in licence costs, maintenance, updates, etc as well as time so even if you are paying $10 a month on a reseller it will still be cheaper than running your own VPS.

Yep, exactly. Start adding in the extras that are pretty standard on shared/reseller accounts nowadays and it gets expensive really quick. Add CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, Softaculous, etc and your VPS just tripled in price.

Good luck with your budget

• jflipsjflips Member

cPanel's licensing move is dumb as heck. If you want more profits, just sell extensions and add-ons. There are tons of "premium features" that webhosts would love to activate with one click.

Backup
    CDN
    Image optimization
    Staging
    Migration tool for WPE/Kinsta/Flywheel/etc
    Custom themes! (seriously underestimated market potential here)
    Uptime reporting
    Hack clean-up
    DDOS protection?

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited July 2019

Harambe said: Yep, exactly. Start adding in the extras that are pretty standard on shared/reseller accounts nowadays and it gets expensive really quick. Add CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, Softaculous, etc and your VPS just tripled in price.

Right, VPS are NOT for Resellers who are not into server-management. We rather spend our time on designing websites & marketing for our clients and let the host do the entire server-security, patches, updates, monitoring thing! Plus adding all those CL, LS, Softaculous, etc. will make a $7 VPS into a $35-$40 VPS! So VPS not only increases the headache but the costs too!! I'll rather find reseller provider than a VPS provider to host my client's sites!

Thanked by 3MikePT bikegremlin emgh
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Sofia_K said:

Harambe said: Yep, exactly. Start adding in the extras that are pretty standard on shared/reseller accounts nowadays and it gets expensive really quick. Add CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, Softaculous, etc and your VPS just tripled in price.

Right, VPS are NOT for Resellers who are not into server-management. We rather spend our time on designing websites & marketing for our clients and let the host do the entire server-security, patches, updates, monitoring thing! Plus adding all those CL, LS, Softaculous, etc. will make a $7 VPS into a $35-$40 VPS! So VPS not only increases the headache but the costs too!! I'll rather find reseller provider than a VPS provider to host my client's sites!

Even more... Gets certainly expensive. Switching providers is always possible just make sure to run your own backups.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @jcaleb said:

Francisco said: We'll send an email tomorrow announcing a resource bump as well to make it hurt a little less boss.

The only complaint I have with BuyShared, is I can't get similar pricing with other host.

The only complaint I have with BuyShared, is I can't get similar service from another host with the same pricing.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Sitegroud is dropping cPanel - no more new orders with it

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1772182

(it is not for spanel as the initial misunderstanding was ) It is internaly developed (as I told you in my previous post they just confirmed it)

P.S Based on what devs they hired last year parts of it (maybe large) are written to Assembler

• mmexpert said: The only complaint I have with BuyShared, is I can't get similar service from another host with the same pricing.

@HostMantis is $36.30/year including 10 accounts.

Thanked by 1level6
  • level6level6 Member

@mmexpert said:

@jcaleb said:

Francisco said: We'll send an email tomorrow announcing a resource bump as well to make it hurt a little less boss.

The only complaint I have with BuyShared, is I can't get similar pricing with other host.

The only complaint I have with BuyShared, is I can't get similar service from another host with the same pricing.

Also consider server location. But I may be a little too fixated on that.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Don't really care about server location personally unless it's located in poorly lit area.

I am unable to tell the difference between 100ms and 101ms which some here claim they can tell the difference.

Thanked by 2hostdare intovps
  • deank said: 100ms and 101ms which some here claim they can tell the difference.

We're not evolved enough to tell the difference.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

is LET dead forum now ?

while same wht thread now 50 pages, this is less than 25 , shame on you guys !!

except " end is neigh " guy and mike ET , most people are dead here

• level6level6 Member
    edited July 2019

@hostdare said:
    is LET dead forum now ?

Well there is the DA feedback and improvement thread, 9 pages, here. Instead of just venting, things are getting accomplished here.

Thanked by 3Lee DA_Mark MasonR
  • LeeLee Veteran

hostdare said: while same wht thread now 50 pages

The reason for that is because the WHT hosts are shitting it more than people here, I doubt if some of them even know cPanel is run on Linux.

Thanked by 2level6 eva2000
  • .. Others are beavering away exploring alternatives.

• JorboxJorbox Member

@hostdare said:
    is LET dead forum now ?

Wht talks too much

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @deank said:
    Don't really care about server location personally unless it's located in poorly lit area.

I am unable to tell the difference between 100ms and 101ms which some here claim they can tell the difference.

Well, the difference is 1ms. I'd hope all of us here could tell you the difference. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth-delay_product

Seriously, the difference between an 18ms, 45m, and 78ms average latency to the datacenter can easily be observed when your home connection is good enough, over a look enough time. IF all other things are equal when choosing your provider, it's crazy not to go with the lowest latency Datacenter. I can't believe when people opt to go for foreign continent provider unless they required it.

well previously in such hot topics, LET used to have two or more times pages than single wht

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

• LeeLee Veteran

Plesk may not be planning any changes, but then it's not their decision. Besides, they are hardly going to say 'yeah, we are mulling over a pricing change to shaft you in the same way cPanel did'. Not yet anyway.

Thanked by 2Francisco mpkossen
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Lee said: Plesk may not be planning any changes, but then it's not their decision

I am sure that CPanel devs were not initially thought of this price structure. But when the executives enter the game and saw the potentials, then, they did what they was told to do.
    I guess Plesk will not follow the same route very soon. But they will, just when it starts to gain popularity.
    In any case, those "individual team" and the "100% commitment" are BS. They do not run the company, Oakley runs it...

Thanked by 1hostdare

They will do whatever maximizes cash flow for oaakley , all these messages and letters are pure BS

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

This is a " Greedy " from cPanel and we must use another alternative, I think if people used to use directadmin for along time you will find many developments from all people using it like what we did with cpanel.

And directadmin should reduce the price for many people too.

• level6level6 Member

@AndrewSSD said:
    This is a " Greedy " from cPanel and we must use another alternative, I think if people used to use directadmin for along time you will find many developments from all people using it like what we did with cpanel.

SEO, showing off your sig?

Thanked by 1Lee

@level6 said:

@AndrewSSD said:

SEO, showing off your sig?

Okay?

• imokimok Member

@AndrewSSD said:

LOL.

@imok said:

@AndrewSSD said:

LOL.

I wanted to say in their main website the prices is still high but i can see many companies are selling these licenses at $5/Mo

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@AndrewSSD said:

@imok said:

@AndrewSSD said:

LOL.

I wanted to say in their main website the prices is still high but i can see many companies are selling these licenses at $5/Mo

Internal licenses

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD