Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 42
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• xaocxaoc Member

@Lee said:

xaoc said: It is awful and broken.

FTFY

FTFY

Thanked by 1Lee
  • dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@Ozoneflare said:
    I'm confused about this pricing. Is it possible to get Premier Fixed 100 plan from distributors like buycpanel at $32.00 ? or is it applicable only for internal licenses ?.

what you pay now ( old price )on buycpanel ? do you know the old partner prices form cpanel ? so , you will find the answer .
    I belive it will be about 40$ for bare metal 100 accounts

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@xaoc said:

@HostXNow said:
    For those who really love cPanel https://ovipanel.com/demo looks to be copied and has Nginx but hey... very creative nonetheless.

It looks awful and broken.

Holy flip. Screenshot is showing a prefork MPM with a timestamp from March 2019.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco when is it possible to order Directadmin based hosting? Ideally in Lux.

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

Personally i can find this is the best time for us to see new control panels instead of cpanel , Ok i've used to work and host client's on our cpanel servers and i loved it since the old times , But this is the time for changing this control panel especially i really need to see what cpanel will looks like after half of their client's leave them because of their handicapped plans.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AndrewSSD said:
    Personally i can find this is the best time for us to see new control panels instead of cpanel , Ok i've used to work and host client's on our cpanel servers and i loved it since the old times , But this is the time for changing this control panel especially i really need to see what cpanel will looks like after half of their client's leave them because of their handicapped plans.

Go for DA. Its worth.
    @DA_Mark is here as well.

• Hopefully, 'hPanel' can take advantage of this situation, improve their panel and make it commercial.

@projectadmin said:
    Hopefully, 'hPanel' can take advantage of this situation, improve their panel and make it commercial.

Do you mean this?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hpanel/

Updated in 2015.

• @MikePT said:

@projectadmin said:
    Hopefully, 'hPanel' can take advantage of this situation, improve their panel and make it commercial.

Do you mean this?

Updated in 2015.

Yes it is and was talked about here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=934380

However, there have been custom improvements lately. Hostinger is using a customized and improved version and it looks/works great in my opinion.

• @xaoc said:

@HostXNow said:
    For those who really love cPanel https://ovipanel.com/demo looks to be copied and has Nginx but hey... very creative nonetheless.

It looks awful and broken.

I think I was banned by mistake for posting that comment since my original post was removed. I was not condoning the use of pirated software... merely saying it was creative how they matched the theme and nothing more. I would not use ovipanel. Only tried and tested for me i.e cPanel, Plesk and DirectAdmin.

Thanked by 1Lee

@projectadmin said:

@MikePT said:

@projectadmin said:

Do you mean this?

Updated in 2015.

Yes it is and was talked about here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=934380

However, there have been custom improvements lately. Hostinger is using a customized and improved version and it looks/works great in my opinion.

Doesnt seem viable at all tbh.

• @MikePT said:

@projectadmin said:

@MikePT said:

@projectadmin said:

Do you mean this?

Updated in 2015.

I thought so too, but most times, I try to see possibilities. I just believe it can be viable if the willingness is there for those concerned.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@projectadmin said:

@MikePT said:

@projectadmin said:

@MikePT said:

@projectadmin said:

Do you mean this?

Updated in 2015.

I thought so too, but most times, I try to see possibilities. I just believe it can be viable if the willingness is there for those concerned.

Sure thing but I would rather stick to something ready for production. This would need to be rewritten possibly.

• cpanel price hike is like robbery. They just trashed thousands of their decade old loyal customers.

• donlidonli Member

@vpsjungle said:
    cpanel price hike is like robbery. They just trashed thousands of their decade old loyal customers.

You are just a meal ticket to them. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Despite the backlash against cPanel price hike (or money grab), it doesn't appear to have any drastic impact so far in terms of providers switching to a new control panel. Only a handful of providers are doing that, mostly smaller ones. The larger or mid-size larger ones are still hesitant on switching.

Does anyone know what might be the new price structure for cPanel on buycPanel.com and which larger/dedi providers are offering a license for $0.10/ account or something close to it?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • donlidonli Member

@MechanicWeb said:

Does anyone know what might be the new price structure for cPanel on buycPanel.com and which larger/dedi providers are offering a license for $0.10/ account or something close to it?

buycpanel.com said they'd release their new pricing sometime before Aug 1st.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

MechanicWeb said: Despite the backlash against cPanel price hike (or money grab), it doesn't appear to have any drastic impact so far in terms of providers switching to a new control panel. Only a handful of providers are doing that, mostly smaller ones. The larger or mid-size larger ones are still hesitant on switching.

It pays to be cautious and take a slow approach in switching control panels especially if you are not familiar with the alternate control panels and can't provide the support for your own customers.

For instance, I am new to DirectAdmin and still learning something new about it everyday just on the admin side and not even on customer facing control panel site yet. I can't imagine a web host with paying customers they would need to provide support for, jumping straight over to a control panel which they aren't familiar with.

For larger providers probably can afford to eat some of the cpanel price hikes due to higher mark ups and well you don't want to mess with your customers satisfaction/experience without properly testing a migration process first. Afterall, these larger providers probably have spent alot of $$$$ in advertising and marketing to acquire these customers. So messing up a migration due to rushing into the process and potentially making customers unhappy would be more costly than just the cost of the cPanel price hike ?

Just a theory :)

Thanked by 1damanagerltd
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited July 2019

@deank said:
    The end of many lowend hosts is nigh.

Hmm, on second thought, this might kill PSK hosting.

Surprised this post has no thanks. That was hilarious lol

• @eva2000 said:

MechanicWeb said: Despite the backlash against cPanel price hike (or money grab), it doesn't appear to have any drastic impact so far in terms of providers switching to a new control panel. Only a handful of providers are doing that, mostly smaller ones. The larger or mid-size larger ones are still hesitant on switching.

It pays to be cautious and take a slow approach in switching control panels especially if you are not familiar with the alternate control panels and can't provide the support for your own customers.

For instance, I am new to DirectAdmin and still learning something new about it everyday just on the admin side and not even on customer facing control panel site yet. I can't imagine a web host with paying customers they would need to provide support for, jumping straight over to a control panel which they aren't familiar with.

For larger providers probably can afford to eat some of the cpanel price hikes due to higher mark ups and well you don't want to mess with your customers satisfaction/experience without properly testing a migration process first. Afterall, these larger providers probably have spent alot of $$$$ in advertising and marketing to acquire these customers. So messing up a migration due to rushing into the process and potentially making customers unhappy would be more costly than just the cost of the cPanel price hike ?

Just a theory :)

Well said. for me I am purchasing kimsufi to test the direct admin control panel so I get the feel of things and know how it works before switching completely.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Thanks to alphix (WHT)

Looks like cPanel is changing their name:

From their FB...

Soon we'll announce our new name, our goals, and our brand new THREE DAY schedule! Sign up to get all the updates on the conference site now so you can be the first to know!

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

And on twitter:

Our conference is getting a new name :)

They've updated their message to make it clear they meant the name of their conference.

@donli said:
    And on twitter:

Our conference is getting a new name :)

They've updated their message to make it clear they meant the name of their conference.

Ah, thought it'd be a name change as well. OakPanel

• level6level6 Member

@experttechit said:
    Thanks to alphix (WHT)

Looks like cPanel is changing their name:

From their FB...

Soon we'll announce our new name, our goals, and our brand new THREE DAY schedule! Sign up to get all the updates on the conference site now so you can be the first to know!

True, new name FUpanel.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

cockPanel

Thanked by 3MikePT BlaZe AndrewSSD
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited July 2019

one of the shared hosts I use has switched to DA this morning with no warning whatsoever and the domains hosted there are down (timeout). if you're a cpanel host please dont do that without warning at least.

edit: they've switched me back to cpanel after a ticket, but frustrating experience

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Cpanel price increase has shocked numerous webmasters and hosting providers. So now it is time to look for an alternative for Cpanel, in that case, I will be suggesting you with OVI Panel.

Why use OVI Panel?

1) The price of OviPanel is much lower than the cPanel, It is available at $5 per month.

2) We do not charge per account, as cPanel is charging $0.20 per cPanel account.

3) Same billing for bare metal server and also for VPS.

• Cpanel price increase has shocked numerous webmasters and hosting providers. So now it is time to look for an alternative for Cpanel, in that case, I will be suggesting you with OVI Panel.

Why use OVI Panel?

1) The price of OviPanel is much lower than the cPanel, It is available at $5 per month.

2) We do not charge per account, as cPanel is charging $0.20 per cPanel account.

• @snehavns01 said:

Cpanel price increase has shocked numerous webmasters and hosting providers. So now it is time to look for an alternative for Cpanel, in that case, I will be suggesting you with OVI Panel.

Why use OVI Panel?

We?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@snehavns01 said:

Cpanel price increase has shocked numerous webmasters and hosting providers. So now it is time to look for an alternative for Cpanel, in that case, I will be suggesting you with OVI Panel.

Why use OVI Panel?

Their TOS is a masterpiece:

OVI Panel Terms of Use

This document explains the terms and conditions that apply to you... bla bla bla

Disclaimer of Warranty
    OVI Panel does not warrant the services provided... bla bla bla

Indemnification
    You shall indemnify... bla bla bla

In Short
    Use it at your own risk.