Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 45
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

@othelloRob said:

@AnthonySmith said:

ZotiMediaGroup said: Nope, all good here

I feel like you are missing something here.

I only need to buy that and create 15 accounts and this plan will cost you more than $2.99 p/month

You are confusing 'accounts' ( cpanel logins ) with 'domains' - in Plesk licencing is per domain, in CPanel its per account.

I can see a lot of the cheapos switch from providing actual reseller accounts to 'fake' resellers vased in addon domains.

I think perhaps you are getting confused as to the point I was making weeks ago, it had zero to do with pesky and everything ng to do with the ability the weaponisation on cPanel.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • You should check out our flat-rate pricing
    1. 1-500 Accounts - $32/month
    2. 500-1000 Accounts - $65/month

• @hivelocitylee said:
    You should check out our flat-rate pricing

Do you have special agreement with cpanel to offer this pricing?

• bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

@hivelocitylee said:

These are valid also for cPanel external licenses? InstantCpanelLicense?

• 1-25 Accounts is where it will hurt. :-1:

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@niceboy said:

@hivelocitylee said:

@niceboy , you don´t understand the post :smile:

1. 1-500 Accounts - $32/month => translate = the total cost for 1 account are $32/month and for 500 account will be $64.9/month ( * Each additional 50 Accounts above 100 adds $5.00/month in licensing cost )
      1. 500-1000 Accounts - $65/month => translate = the total cost for 500 account are $65/month and for 1000 account will be $105/month

This are usual partner prices "written in the language of marketing"

@AlwaysSkint said:
    1-25 Accounts is where it will hurt. :-1:

I'm sure it offers the other types of licenses to, just ask them.

@bruzli said:

@hivelocitylee said:

as far as I know, no "old distributor" ( like buycpanel,Licensepal,isplicense ) offers discounts outside its own network.They are all now only partners, not distributor, like us.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@dedicatserver_ro said:

@niceboy said:

@hivelocitylee said:

@niceboy , you don´t understand the post :smile:

1. 1-500 Accounts - $32/month => translate = the total cost for 1 account are $32/month and for 500 account will be $64.9/month ( * Each additional 50 Accounts above 100 adds $5.00/month in licensing cost )
      1. 500-1000 Accounts - $65/month => translate = the total cost for 500 account are $65/month and for 1000 account will be $105/month

This are usual partner prices "written in the language of marketing"

Huh? I think it's you who doesn't understand the post. It's flat-rate pricing.

1 account -> pay $32/mo
    250 accounts -> pay $32/mo
    500 accounts -> pay $32/mo
    501 accounts -> pay $65/mo
    1000 accounts -> pay $65/mo

Not sure where you pulled the "500 account will be $64.9/month" or "1000 account will be $105/month" figures from...

edited August 2019

MasonR said: MasonR

we will see in september ;)

MasonR said: Not sure where you pulled the "500 account will be $64.9/month" or "1000 account will be $105/month" figures from...

from cpanel oficial site (see down the link , page 5 ) :

https://cpanel.net/wp-content/themes/cPbase/assets/downloads/cP_Partner_Licensing_Guide.pdf

and on page 6 :smile:

Partner Discount Levels
    Minimum Monthly
    Gross Revenue* Non-Certified Certified
    $500 0% 2%
    $2,000 4% 6%
    $5,000 8% 10%
    $15,000 12% 14%
    $30,000 16% 18%
    $75,000 20% 22%
    $250,000 24% 26%
    $750,000 28% 30%
    $2,500,000 32% 34%
    $5,000,000 36% 38%

Let say they have maximal discount on partner prices from 38% ( Minimum Monthly revenue $5,000,000) :

• on 500 accounts the best price no losses can be $ 47.02
    • on 1000 accounts the best price no losses can be $ 76.08
  • LeeLee Veteran

dedicatserver_ro said: we will see in september

You are completely missing the point, yet again. Just stop now.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

@bruzli said:

@hivelocitylee said:

This pricing is good for Hivelocity bare-metal servers only. If you have your servers elsewhere you will pay whatever they decide to charge for cPanel.

• no difference in vps or dedicated server, whats this. vps server is $10 and having 50 client, so vps cost is nothing as compared to cpanel. still finding the solution what to do.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Dilstar said:
    no difference in vps or dedicated server, whats this. vps server is $10 and having 50 client, so vps cost is nothing as compared to cpanel. still finding the solution what to do.

Move to directadmin...on a Slice :sunglasses:

Francisco

Thanked by 2eva2000 logaritse
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I personally think if using cPanel you may as well go for a dedicated... put 100 accounts in there and share the cost.

• Francisco said: Move to directadmin...on a Slice

We need more EU locations please! :tongue:

• And more stable ones... (duck and cover)

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • ARGGGGGG. Just screaming at the sky over here. Not because I have a lot of accounts, but because I DONT! Now I have to figure out what the F to do with these people, and they are gonna be pissy about this.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@tafa2 said:

Francisco said: Move to directadmin...on a Slice

We need more EU locations please! :tongue:

@Amitz said:
    And more stable ones... (duck and cover)

Mine's stable ;), and we have both EU and USA.

• xaocxaoc Member

@jollymon said:
    ARGGGGGG. Just screaming at the sky over here. Not because I have a lot of accounts, but because I DONT! Now I have to figure out what the F to do with these people, and they are gonna be pissy about this.

Just ask'em. :P

• I recently checked demos of the OVI panel, I liked it and the Live chat support is also great, I am considering to use it for my small VPS servers to test this new and cheapest panel.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • Cpanel certainly does not seem to give up this step. A few months ago, they took the plesk panel and raised it in the same way. After that it looks like there will be an Alternative Plesk or Directadmin panel. However, it will be difficult for the end user to get used to it.

• cpanel is not alone , all in all, cpanel has lot of issues of email spamming, so we buy email outbound filtering, cpanel cant protect with basic malware issues, we do buy anti malware, cpanel do not comes with decent firewall and other things, we need to buy it, cagefs and other things not in cpanel, we do buy it, cpanel is just control panel, it is not all system , i think they are thinking single cpanel is enough, for production tons things are required like builders softaculous etc. if we will give 100+ to cpanel per license, and then will also renew all the addons plugins, how we can earn . and how much price we will increase cpanel should reverse their stance.

• @cmpe said:
    I feel bad for cpanel employees that had nothing to do with this.

Why would you? Theyre getting paid and if they don't like it they can jump ship at any point.

• @Dilstar said:
    cpanel is not alone , all in all, cpanel has lot of issues of email spamming, so we buy email outbound filtering, cpanel cant protect with basic malware issues, we do buy anti malware, cpanel do not comes with decent firewall and other things, we need to buy it, cagefs and other things not in cpanel, we do buy it, cpanel is just control panel, it is not all system , i think they are thinking single cpanel is enough, for production tons things are required like builders softaculous etc. if we will give 100+ to cpanel per license, and then will also renew all the addons plugins, how we can earn . and how much price we will increase cpanel should reverse their stance.

Have a nice day ,

With the current pricing, many customers will lose, but with increasing license prices, they will earn more than they currently earn. They don't seem to be coming back.

Our new cpanel prices* , only for our network ( our clients with cloud vds and dedicated server services ):

VPS/VDS:
    Cloud Admin License up to 5 Accounts - 12,5 €
    Cloud Pro License up to 30 Accounts - 16 €
    Cloud Plus License up to 50 Accounts - 23 €
    Cloud Premier License up to 100 Accounts - 32 €

Dedicated server:
    Metal Premier License 100 Accounts - 32 €
    Metal Premier License 150 Accounts - 34,5 €
    Metal Premier License 200 Accounts - 39,5 €
    Metal Premier License 250 Accounts - 44,5 €

• *All fixed plans above 250 accounts will be scaled in increments of 50 Accounts adding €5/month in incremental licensing cost per block of 50 Accounts. Pricing in EUR without VAT.
    • *Additional Accounts for a Metal Premier License are billed for .10 € each
  • My provider switched to directadmin and added DA extended module of modulegarden.

• Hetzner Published new cPanel Pricing:

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/CPanel_Pricing_2019/en

Thanked by 3Lee Falzo angstrom
    edited August 2019

:wink: they have copy our prices :smiley: - just kidding

• lovelyserverlovelyserver Member
    edited August 2019

@jetchirag said:
    Hetzner Published new cPanel Pricing:

We still have DirectAdmin as an option to create unlimited accounts. But, nobody knows for how long.

• @lovelyserver said:

@jetchirag said:
    Hetzner Published new cPanel Pricing:

We still have DirectAdmin as an option to create unlimited accounts. But, nobody knows for how long.

Lifetime licences are still pretty cheap (300 USD initial, 99 USD for updates per year).

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

DA is great, I really find websites are quicker. Were going to add the DA extended module for WHMCS next. DA is pretty cool. To be honest I think you will find more hosts using custom panels now... it won’t be the old easy cPanel to cPanel migration, but to be fair most sites are Wordpress and easily moved anyway with a plugin... the only grief comes with mailboxes and passwords, but I think you’ll see tools that will let you sync them up.