Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 46
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@experttechit said:
    DA is great, I really find websites are quicker. Were going to add the DA extended module for WHMCS next. DA is pretty cool. To be honest I think you will find more hosts using custom panels now... it won’t be the old easy cPanel to cPanel migration, but to be fair most sites are Wordpress and easily moved anyway with a plugin... the only grief comes with mailboxes and passwords, but I think you’ll see tools that will let you sync them up.

The opensource version is expensive tho... :(

• OviPanel is not that bad...

• most of the peoples promoting their own panels, but which one is enterprise class ?

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

Imagine your client's paying for cPanel licenses more than the cost of the vps itself,

I don't think cPanel will be fit for all people and business models.

Also the idea of paying 250% after the increase of cPanel license is not acceptable idea for most of web hosting companies.

Anyway we will see what the future will bring us.

I hope we can see DirectAdmin a real competitor soon and watch cPanel down day by day.

We can't trust cPanel anymore especially at this time.

• LeeLee Veteran

AndrewSSD said: Imagine your client's paying for cPanel licenses more than the cost of the vps itself,

And you are a provider, sigh.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • @AndrewSSD said:

We can't trust cPanel anymore especially at this time.

I can't trust any paid panel

edited August 2019

@Lee said:

AndrewSSD said: Imagine your client's paying for cPanel licenses more than the cost of the vps itself,

And we still provide cPanel hosting at this moment , this is not because i love this product or hate it but this is the choice of my client's that pay us well and will reject any migration to another control panel and purchase another licenses instead of cPanel.

The only problem here is cPanel the only great control panel around here even if we tried to say the opposite.

• @AndrewSSD said:

@Lee said:

And we still provide cPanel hosting at this moment , this is not because i love this product or hate it but this is the choice of my client's that pay us well and will reject any migration to another control panel and purchase another licenses instead of cPanel.

The only problem here is cPanel the only great control panel around here even if we tried to say the opposite.

14.99$ / Month
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Unlimited Websites
    Free SSL Certificates
    Unlimited cPanel Accounts

how you will maintain this?

• belabela Member

This is a ripoff...We are very happy with using Directadmin, and they have a one time fee policy for providers...Not even monthly fees.. Yes, cpanel might be more widespread and a few more features, but to me this pricing is crazy...

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@bela said:
    This is a ripoff...We are very happy with using Directadmin, and they have a one time fee policy for providers...Not even monthly fees.. Yes, cpanel might be more widespread and a few more features, but to me this pricing is crazy...

Are you talking about the owned licenses they're temporarily allowing existing providers to purchase?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@bela said:

You're aware that cPanel now has a per-user tax right?

Francisco

@Dilstar said:

@AndrewSSD said:

@Lee said:

14.99$ / Month
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Unlimited Websites
    Free SSL Certificates
    Unlimited cPanel Accounts

how you will maintain this?

It's a good offer though

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@bela said:

Thanks for your input. (A bit late to the party, no?)

• @Francisco said:

@bela said:

You're aware that cPanel now has a per-user tax right?

Francisco

I think, in his own convoluted way, he's referring to the new cPanel pricing as crazy.

• agomezagomez Member, Host Rep

finnaly , the game will work well for cPanel, they should be scared and forced to change prices again...

• TKKTKK Member

It was really expected since the time the prices for Plesk license changed, and the same investment company bought cPanel.

• MillenniunnsMillenniunns Member
    edited August 2019

wow the price... going to switch to WHMCS

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2019

@Millenniunns said:
    wow the price... going to switch to WHMCS

WHMCS is an excellent choice for a server control panel! I am sure you will have great success with it. Don't forget to check out MS Excel, too. I heard it's the most secure webhosting panel out there.

• Vi is the most secure

Thanked by 2ITLabs Amitz
  • MS Excel... Excel? did I just miss something?

• @Millenniunns said:
    MS Excel... Excel? did I just miss something?

Yep. With macro selekter enabled and IPoAC tunneling to a MSAccess node.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Front Page is da bestest in da worldz.

Thanked by 2ITLabs Amitz
  • @Millenniunns said:
    MS Excel... Excel? did I just miss something?

Only that WHMCS is - in no way - a replacement for cPanel. :wink:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Less than 1 week to cDay.

• Announcement for any of my cPanel customers (well, it doesn't affect current customers, but relevant)

Thanked by 2Ympker bdspice
  • ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@donli said:
    Less than 1 week to cDay.

They are delaying the start of then new licensing until October.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ExonHost said:

@donli said:

Where?

Sept 15th is still D-DAY last i heard.

Francisco

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@ExonHost said:

@donli said:

Where?

Sept 15th is still D-DAY last i heard.

Francisco

From account manager.

Hello Saleh,

Thank you for your email regarding the new WHMCS module for our new license and pricing structure. We have been working closely with WHMCS and for customers of both cPanel and WHMCS we will be delaying the start of then new licensing until October. We are finalizing the details, but will be sending an email later today.

-Brenda

Brenda Gehringer | cPanel LLC
    Partner Account Manager

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Looking for Alpha Beta Master Reseller cPanel unlimited account unlimited space unlimited bandwidth account.
    btw I found https://mzunguhosting.ml offering unlimited cpanel account in Africa but I want something in US

• This is only going to effect hosts that offered multi level resellers and over-sold servers. All of our accounts have been structured in a way to prevent this from effecting out margins. We will continue to offer cPanel shared hosting at the same great costs. Other big companies I'm sure have factored in situations like this. It's all about planning and cost structuring.

I don't agree with this price change as much as the rest of you, yes it will hurt companies with high overhead but end of the day servers are cheaper then ever now.