Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 48
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• .> @Francisco said:

@trusty33 said:
    btw. guys, to which control panel you are migrating or going to migrate likely? I need something under $15 monthly for 50-100 hosting accounts, prefferably with WHMCS billing module. Any good tool to migrate cpanels to this new panel? Some of mine having many subdomains and databases in one cpanel and it can be alot of work.

Buy a reseller off us for $7.00/month if you'll fit inside 125GB storage.

We even give free Blesta.

Francisco

Buyshared reseller is very solid - reliable and reasonably fast.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

10 years from now, Fran will be giving out free wives and kids.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @deank said:
    10 years from now, Fran will be giving out free wives and kids.

Those are available today.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

So Say We All

Thanked by 1xaoc
  • Please reply my comment. Is that a message from cpanel?

• xaoc said: Those are available today.

But at what cost xaoc, at what cost?

cPanel will probably stop license reseller and will only open license reselling for datacenters or providers (Similarly to WHMCS)

Since WHMCS was ingested by the cPanel, it seems like their bright headed marketing team was also ingested right into the core.

I have moved all my personal hosting sites from cPanel to either bare bone installations (without panel) or DA. I have been sceptical about DA but it's good.

Thanked by 2postcd xaoc
  • AndreiGhesi said: the buyout move is to remove buycpanel from the market and buy licenses directly from cPanel.net

Why did they buy Buycpanel? Anyhow after cpanel price increase and no special discounts offered to Buycpanel or similar license resellers, no web host/individual will go to buycpanel to get their cpanel licenses and will directly go to cpanel.net, so anyhow Buycpanel was doomed! Cpanel would have just ignored it instead of spending money to buy it as BuyCpanel's customers would eventually shift to cpanel.net

• @Sofia_K said:

AndreiGhesi said: the buyout move is to remove buycpanel from the market and buy licenses directly from cPanel.net

Why did they buy Buycpanel? Anyhow after cpanel price increase and no special discounts offered to Buycpanel or similar license resellers, no web host/individual will go to buycpanel to get their cpanel licenses and will directly go to cpanel.net, so anyhow Buycpanel was doomed! Cpanel would have just ignored it instead of spending money to buy it as BuyCpanel's customers would eventually shift to cpanel.net

the most legit thinking, the owners of buycpanel probaly tought they going to lose alot of profit, and clients, so maybe cause they were the biggest 3rd party seller, they same more than 51% of the company shares to cpanel? that the owner kind of make some "exit" and still earn money on a passive way?

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • Time to get used to DirectAdmin!

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I am liking DA more and more each day, but I still feel it needs a few more tweaks.

It’s also a worry if DA goes the same way, as you may as well stick with cPanel.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • @experttechit said:
    I am liking DA more and more each day, but I still feel it needs a few more tweaks.

It’s also a worry if DA goes the same way, as you may as well stick with cPanel.

Can't agree more. I have seen companies following same tactics after becoming giants. Need for a secure and open source alternative now.

• @Advicerxyz said:

@Sofia_K said:

AndreiGhesi said: the buyout move is to remove buycpanel from the market and buy licenses directly from cPanel.net

the most legit thinking, the owners of buycpanel probaly tought they going to lose alot of profit, and clients, so maybe cause they were the biggest 3rd party seller, they same more than 51% of the company shares to cpanel? that the owner kind of make some "exit" and still earn money on a passive way?

Question was the other way: what was in it for cPanel? Makes sense you'd want to sell a doomed company, but why acquire it? It's not like this is going to improve their PR image much.

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited September 2019

experttechit said: I am liking DA more and more each day, but I still feel it needs a few more tweaks.

Yup. Same here. It needs to load the pages faster. DA taking enough time to load the first-page after log-in and shows the BIG animated logo on full-screen (why they replace the small logo??) for quite a sometime before the main control panel loads. Also when you click on various icons, the blue-loading-bar at the top also sometimes hangs, thus making me refresh the page OR click the icon again to move to desired page. Else DA is perfect. Hope you take a note @DA_Mark

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@Sofia_K I do agree... the loading screens are a bit cumbersome.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2019

@Sofia_K said:
    .. Else DA is perfect. Hope you take a note @DA_Mark

Steady! There's a fair bit missing/confusing at this stage. :-/

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

Anyone in Atlanta for WebProsSummit? We are. Let me know if you have any questions or comments you want us to share with the cPanel team ;)

• @danielhm said:

@Advicerxyz said:

@Sofia_K said:

Question was the other way: what was in it for cPanel? Makes sense you'd want to sell a doomed company, but why acquire it? It's not like this is going to improve their PR image much.

Thinking out loud (likely to be nonsense :) ):

First assumption is cPanel got a bargain price for buying Buycpanel. If that is not the case, then I have no clue of why they would buy them, can't even guess.

Second assumption is that Buycpanel was toast - cPanel new pricing policy was clearly cutting them out.

If left as it was, all the Buycpanel customers, after it goes bankrupt, would have been "out in the cold" - probably (even) more likely to go with another control panel.

This way, they will be kept - unless / until they decide to leave, by their own choice.

Basically: Buycpanel had nothing left to loose by selling, only minimize their losses, while cPanel might have gotten more than they paid for - don't see why else an investment fund would buy anything.

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

I can't believe I am witnessing this! An investment firm shaping the future of hosting industry. Money talks!

• @Host4Geeks said:
    2 Sentences.

I am not surprised, expect more of these coming from Plesk, SolusVM and WHMCS since they are all under the umbrella.

WHMCS already increased price last year so they will not increase price again. If you are a noc partner its only .1 per accounts even if you host 2000 accounts on a server its just $200/m month increase. Assume that you charge $1/m from a user that's $2000 month income from a server so $200 on cPanel is not a big deal. Then again you can get DA then DA would still cost you as you need to spend loads of admin time doing things in DA when compared to cPanel. So if you have staff you would be actually loosing money if you move to DA.

• myvpshostorgmyvpshostorg Member
    edited October 2019

Many hosting companies got hurt because of this. Since September 01, everyone is looking for a suitable hosting panel. This much price hike was never expected from any user, I guess. It has turn out as a nightmare for shared hosting providers.

Many of them are paying the increased price as people find really easy to manage their hosting needs.

• @myvpshostorg said:
    Many hosting companies got hurt because of this. Since September 01, everyone is looking for a suitable hosting panel. This much price hike was never expected from any user, I guess. It has turn out as a nightmare for shared hosting providers.

Many of them are paying the increased price as people find really easy to manage their hosting needs.

That's the best you can think if for your SEO spamming?

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • cPanel has now created the second generation of fly by night hosting providers lol They are offering Unlimited Reseller plans and disappearing all over again!

• @AnthonySmith said:

unused said: Effective immediately,

Nice....

unused said: reflecting the value received by the owner

wow....

They are charging a minimum of $0.20c per month per account by the look of it and that includes your resellers accounts.

bye bye cPanel, it was good while it lasted.

that's right. it was good while it lasted.
    I am already studying the alternatives.

• IKIHOSTIKIHOST Member, Patron Provider

@Hivelocity said:
    Anyone in Atlanta for WebProsSummit? We are. Let me know if you have any questions or comments you want us to share with the cPanel team ;)

Look interesting, but i think cPanel/oakl** team not accept any complaints from the starter to medium business. Wasting your time discuss with cPanel/oakl**

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Depending on how tight your tinfoil is there's rumors, and growing proof, that they may have bought Softaculous.

BuyCpanel cancelled all external licensing except Litespeed, Softaculous, and Cloudlinux.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Depending on how tight your tinfoil is there's rumors, and growing proof, that they may have bought Softaculous.

BuyCpanel cancelled all external licensing except Litespeed, Softaculous, and Cloudlinux.

Francisco

They recently had a change of ownership/corporation , which is registered in UAE. Boss, really hoping that you are full of shit. Cause otherwise, a lot of us are in a deep one.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

They recently had a change of ownership/corporation , which is registered in UAE. Boss, really hoping that you are full of shit. Cause otherwise, a lot of us are in a deep one.

It came up on wht a few times now.

Francisco

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

INTRIGG said: cPanel has now created the second generation of fly by night hosting providers lol They are offering Unlimited Reseller plans and disappearing all over again!

But now it's easier to spot such summer hosts.

Provided that some providers who paid yearly are still enjoying the old pricing. But they are a few and they will, too, adjust their pricing and packages once current licenses expire.