Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 51
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

1454647484951»

Comments

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: So you'd be finding providers that are marked up by $8.

Expected as much. It seems they are hard to come by.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2020

@MechanicWeb said:

Francisco said: So you'd be finding providers that are marked up by $8.

Expected as much. It seems they are hard to come by.

Because you have to mark up your whole product line.

It has to be baked in. You can't discount the product because someone doesn't want the license. You're basically forcing everyone to pay for it if they like it or not. Sure, you could make an additional product line but ehhhh.

No ones going to bother with that, especially when you can get Directadmin VPS licenses for $5.00/month, or even free if you pick a badass provider.

On my end of things we're migrating users every week to DirectAdmin, both resellers & VPS customers. I have a few customers lined up to move next week. I suspect by August or so we'll be consolidating more BuyShared cPanel reseller nodes just because of the amount of users migrating.

Francisco

edited February 2020

Francisco said: No ones going to bother with that, especially when you can get Directadmin VPS licenses for $5.00/month, or even free if you pick a badass provider.

That's the case it seems.

You deserve more each day for taking the initiative of offering free DA licenses. You did that in the midst of a havoc that cPanel created. You took a challenging decision. More providers followed. In the end, many small businesses were saved.

Thanks a lot for what you did.

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MechanicWeb said:

Francisco said: No ones going to bother with that, especially when you can get Directadmin VPS licenses for $5.00/month, or even free if you pick a badass provider.

That's the case it seems.

You deserve more each day for taking the initiative of offering free DA licenses. You did that in the midst of a havoc that cPanel created. You took a challenging decision. More providers followed. In the end, many small businesses were saved.

Thanks a lot for what you did.

We offered it a good bit before cPanel went mental :)

We're very thankful to DA for everything.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DA_Mark
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Not many providers will offer solo due to licensing rules. I heard they gave to offer it with every service.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@MechanicWeb said:
    There is a cPanel Solo license valid for one account. Official price is $15/m. Internal prices should be much lower, around $8.

Anyone seen any provider offering Solo?

Internal license need to provide free with dedicated server. I think no one signed up for it and did not see any provider offer it.

Francisco said: We offered it a good bit before cPanel went mental

I did not know that. I hope it turned out as good for you as your clients.

ExonHost said: I think no one signed up for it

You are right. No one did. They were trying to profiteer from the sheer monopoly they have.

experttechit said: I heard they gave to offer it with every service.

That's where they were wrong. If a user know how to install cPanel, it is not hard for them to install another control panel to manage a single site.