Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 34
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

xaoc said: Time is limited for old men tho. Must act at once!

Old men act at once, only at a slower pace.

donli said: Just helping an old man who didn't see his untied shoelaces.

Thank you, young padawan, now close that zipper :smile:

Thanked by 3xaoc Falzo poisson
  • shabsshabs Member

donli said: bennyVasquez (Manager of Community Engagement at cPanel) on their Discord channel as reported in the cPanel price increase thread at Webhostingtalk.

And cPanel have let us down again... no announcement after slaughtering the industry they so helped create.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

shabs said: And cPanel have let us down again... no announcement after slaughtering the industry they so helped create.

Nobody has been let down on an announcement, Benny has always said "hoping" to get an announcement out, she is an employee waiting on instructions. But everyone now demands an announcement by a certain time, cause, well it was mentioned as a possibility...

• donlidonli Member

@shabs said:

donli said: bennyVasquez (Manager of Community Engagement at cPanel) on their Discord channel as reported in the cPanel price increase thread at Webhostingtalk.

And cPanel have let us down again... no announcement after slaughtering the industry they so helped create.

Patience. You can stalk any announcement here:
    https://forums.cpanel.net/forums/cpanel-announcements.133/?direction=desc

• donlidonli Member

Statement from Cloud Linux CEO:

I have to say cPanel made it easy for us. They have amazing dev team who is very easy to work with, and their market dominance meant that we could focus on tight integration with them, and still get most of the customers.

Yet, I am listening to what people are saying here, and as our Q3 OKR we are focusing on adding easy integration with ANY control panel.
    It will not be as good of an integration as we could achieve with cPanel, but I don't see any choice for us.

Igor Seletskiy
    CEO @ Cloud Linux Inc

Source: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1770316&page=38&p=10157288#post10157288

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • level6level6 Member
    edited July 2019

This is perhaps the saddest post on the cPanel forum, from yesterday anticipating the "announcement":

i sleep tonight with hope of good news from cpanel tomorrow , very bad week :(

Hard to believe anybody is expecting good news from those f-ing f-ers. Not the cPanel employees, the syndicate in Bermuda.

• LimpanLimpan Member
    edited July 2019

Personally I wouldn’t care if the announcement has some news regarding grandfathered accounts/prices. They burned their bridge, and sites are WAY faster on a DirectAdmin VPS with same specs too, so screw you cPanel.

I do think that they should come to their senses and show some support for all the people/businesses that helped them build their brand. But I guess that’s too much to ask.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What do you expect from the illusive announcement?

If they were to revert to old pricing, they would have done so in a heartbeat.

The only reason they are not releasing the announcement is that the wordings aren't good enough for damage control and PR.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

So no change just tiered options, but it will still work out the same pricing announced last week. Seems some options could be slightly cheaper but overall no real news. Good for very small providers I guess.

Thanked by 1TinFoil2019
  • @lee Ithought last week was first 100 accouts was 45 now its 250 for 44.50 for partners. Also solo is back for $15 - will work for the small shops that don't have reseller accounts.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

TinFoil2019 said: - will work for the small shops that don't have reseller accounts.

Yeah, I just updated my post, it will be good for smaller providers focussed away from the reseller end but still works for tightly controlled reseller options.

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

By the end of this week, we will reinstate cPanel Solo licenses (Cloud) in the cPanel Store. They will be available at $15/month on Cloud only. Additionally, we will no longer convert existing cPanel Solo licenses to the Admin package.

We will add a new 50 account “Plus” package available at Partner pricing for $25/month USD to our Cloud offering for customers who aren’t quite ready for a 100 account+ Premier license.

Fixed Price Packages

We will provide fixed cPanel Premier Packages starting with 100 account licenses, and we are making additional packages available in 50 account increments (i.e., 150, 200, 250, etc.) for customers where auto-scaling is not a good fit. To avoid a disadvantage in comparison to auto-scale pricing, we are offering these fixed price packages at a discount. Please be aware that no further discounts apply to the fixed price packages.

• Each additional 50 accounts above 250 adds $5.00/month in licensing cost. Pricing in USD.
  • Of course some of the vocal people on WHT will throw a fit- lets get the popcorn and watch. There are about 5 of them that have been going nonstop for a week now

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This change was the result of several months of conversations and modeling to ensure >we understood as many use cases for cPanel & WHM hosting as possible.

Translation: We have been planning this from day 1 essentially and the part we understand is that we make more money this way.

We will add a new 50 account “Plus” package available at Partner pricing for $25/month >USD to our Cloud offering for customers who aren’t quite ready for a 100 account+ >Premier license.

partners who are now quite ready for 100, have these people absolutely got their heads up their arses? I feel like I am communicating with children...

we are offering these fixed price packages at a discount. Please be aware that no further >discounts apply to the fixed price packages.

Translation: we dont know what "fixed price means" and we will still be charging you an unlimited fee because we feel we know how to run your business better than you.

For all our Customers and Partners who reached out to us to let us know their concerns >with changes; thank you for providing your direct and constructive feedback.

Translation: Thank you for wasting your time giving us honest feedback, we only cherry picked a few bits and essentially changed very little and addressed none of the primary concerns shared publicly on purpose because that would be hard to justify.

tl;dr

1. cPanel solo license is back

2. everyone else is still getting screwed, they are just giving you time to take a breath before they do you.

3. they asked for feedback and ignored it.

Thanked by 1Ympker

TinFoil2019 said: Of course some of the vocal people on WHT will throw a fit- lets get the popcorn and watch. There are about 5 of them that have been going nonstop for a week now

having fun?

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

The price for partner and it's remained same. Just they added fixed price model. For direct customer it's still $45 and $0.20 per account. They are suggesting become a partner to get discounted price.

ExonHost said: Just they added fixed price model

There is no part about the price structure that an idiot would call fixed though in reality.

Its like kids throwing ideas at the wall to see which one sticks.

• If they have really planned this for months and this is the result, they don't know how the hosting bussiness work

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

So you're on the fixed price plan, everytime you fill a 50 user tier, the following user that joins will cost you $5 for the month.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

@donli said:
    So you're on the fixed price plan, everytime you fill a 50 user tier, the following user that joins will cost you $5 for the month.

Yes, need to pay $5 for single customer. It's big joke from cPanel.

• They are in a no win situation. Anything that digs into margins and goes against the piling on of resellers and resellers of resellers and resellers of those resellers; is guaranteed to generate animosity. If it were just $15 per license there still would have been an uproar.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

One thing I’ve lernt from this is that I will update the price for my 128mb vps to $1/quarter!!

Paid annually plus VAT if you are European.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, Plesk is under the same company, so remove Plesk.

• Well, at least they give time 1 year so host like @HostMantis , that cram a lot of account in 1 server doesn't immediately get tons of invoice next month, and go under. Too bad they already increasing their price for all of their customer, including shared hosting user.

Also this will give us reseller some times to update our client about the news. At least we can honor our end of the bargain by providing them cpanel until next year. Unless you offer your client shared hosting for 2 or more year that is.

Also, good bye free cpanel hosting. I sincerely believe not all of free hosting bad. Some of fellow let member offer free cpanel hosting at one point, including me (well, mine is from woothosting, so yeah).

• JorboxJorbox Member

@deank said:
    Well, Plesk is under the same company, so remove Plesk.

WHMCS too

• kp93kp93 Member

@mikho said:
    One thing I’ve lernt from this is that I will update the price for my 128mb vps to $1/quarter!!

So your shared hosting will be continued ???

• donlidonli Member

@mikho said:

Nah, you just need to charge a flat $ 0.20/month + $ 0.20/month for every user account adduser adds.

Thanked by 1mikho