Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@MasonR said:

@MasonR said:
    Another day. Another LEB post. Another CC reseller.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lqhosting-openvz-plans-as-low-as-19-year-out-of-dallas-and-kvm-plans-as-low-as-22-year-out-of-los-angeles/

I guess the silver lining is that there weren't 3-year offers presented (even though that's an option on the order form).

https://lowendbox.com/blog/dcnhost-200gb-and-400gb-master-reseller-plans-from-19-a-year/

Don't worry guys, change is coming... someday.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/serverstrong-2gb-4gb-and-6gb-ssd-kvm-vps-from-25-year-in-los-angeles-ca/

Change is coming... I can feel it.

Thanked by 3emgh dedotatedwam Ouji
  • YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@CVPS_Chris

@lowendbox.com/about said:

About Us
    LowEndBox.com is made up of a small team that have a common interest in the community and the low end box field as a whole.

Who are the people responsible for choosing and posting LEB offers now?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Yura said:
    @CVPS_Chris

About Us
    LowEndBox.com is made up of a small team that have a common interest in the community and the low end box field as a whole.

Interns probably

• hjlowhjlow Member

ai bots

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Yura said:
    @CVPS_Chris

About Us

I see the name "Frank Williams", but I'm sure that he's just doing what he's been asked to do by someone higher in the hierarchy.

• pikepike Veteran

Fuck LET, bb.

• YuraYura Member

@angstrom, whatever their names are they should be represented here and talking to us and moderators, or I misunderstood the OP? I don't see what's Frank's handle on LET.

So far, it's only a signal from one person and as days go by it becomes clear that signal is not for us but for Deluxe or someone else.

Thanked by 2joepie91 angstrom
  • @Yura said:

My cat.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yura said: Who are the people responsible for choosing and posting LEB offers now?

Nick is the one that actually posts them but he is only told what to do by Chris, so Chris.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited June 2019

I hope you dont build a wall..

• Creating many "original brands" selling shitty vps is an old Fabozzi's prictice, do you remember dollarvps? With in The whois a pizzeria owner from Buffalo? I think that there Is a single persona behind this actions, an idiot Who creates three glue records with the same ip of the website, colocrossing.com and the replicates It on the many clones.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@Yura said:

Low End Pigeons... they're taking the world, man!

• edited June 2019

This is the last host I recall purchasing service with from LEB....April 2008...last time I really payed attention to LEB.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/web-wide-hosting-10-off-discount-openvz-vps-from-441month/

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • CoreyCorey Member

I don't understand why they can't take the advertisement money they make from these forums and pay a non biased person to take care of the sites, post the offers, and do the research etc. It's not like they aren't making tons of money from the shilling of the front page already.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Corey said: I don't understand why they can't take the advertisement money they make from these forums and pay a non biased person to take care of the sites, post the offers, and do the research etc. It's not like they aren't making tons of money from the shilling of the front page already.

You mean like when @mpkossen ran things and shit got done and the site worked?

Thanked by 3Lee lazyt BeardyUnixGuy
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

Corey said: I don't understand why they can't take the advertisement money they make from these forums and pay a non biased person to take care of the sites, post the offers, and do the research etc. It's not like they aren't making tons of money from the shilling of the front page already.

Didn't he still have limited access?

• @joepie91 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Define limited. I had full admin access on LET and I can't remember about LEB. But there was the cluster, so whatever I changed got randomly reverted later. Or not.

Good times though :-)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

mpkossen said: Good times though :-)

Thanks for that random personal message which was so old and also included Jbiloh, lol :)

• @mpkossen said:

@joepie91 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Define limited. I had full admin access on LET and I can't remember about LEB. But there was the cluster, so whatever I changed got randomly reverted later. Or not.

Good times though :-)

inb4 "the cluster" was just a bash file reverting to random backups

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, you could fork LET anytime and we ditch the CC crap.

Thanked by 2pluush default
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Wake me up when changes took place.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:
    Well, you could fork LET anytime and we ditch the CC crap.

Forking sites is easy. Forking communities, not so much...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • imokimok Member

lowendtalk2.com

• @imok said:
    lowendtalk2.com

Sounds about perfect!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • YuraYura Member

lowendfork.com

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Make a domain vote, some trustworthy non provider, non cc linked person, buys it and starts the new new forum.

Thanked by 1default
  • @Amitz said:
    Wake me up when changes took place.

Pfft that will be a long sleep. See you next century!

• cociucociu Member

teamacc said: After losing my mod tag I published the Transparency Report

@CVPS_Chris you can start with this and give back the mod role to this guy

• emghemgh Member

@Neoon said:
    Make a domain vote, some trustworthy non provider, non cc linked person, buys it and starts the new new forum.

You mean HostBalls?

• @cociu said:

teamacc said: After losing my mod tag I published the Transparency Report

@CVPS_Chris you can start with this and give back the mod role to this guy

careful, he might demand sisters in exchange.

@emgh said:

@Neoon said:

You mean HostBalls?

that is proof that forking communities is not easy.
    the community dying is much easier, and that seems to be CC's course.