Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

Comments

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@deank said:

Burst though? It was none of that. In my opinion, it collapsed due to a moment of sheer stupidity.

No, it collapsed due to sheer greed and dishonesty of investors. Once I was forced out, they ran it into the ground on purpose, so they could sell off the assets and run away with the money. This was their plan from the getgo.

Sucked losing everything I spent 20+ years building, but atleast I can sleep at night with a clear conscious knowing the final outcome occurred without my involvement.

@deank said:
    Kinda ironic to call his next host "Smart" then. I hope he won't get his shit stolen this round.

There was no way to predict what was going to happen. There was no way to know that what appeared to be an honest investment company would turn into such scumbags. They checked out perfectly clean before we signed on board with them, and had no prior history of such unethical acts prior to this, and were presented to us with many other options by a industry-specific financial consulting firm we hired. Funny to see how they closed up operations after they gutted BurstNET, because the reputation they caused themselves didn't allow them to continue operating...no one would ever do a deal with them again. There was nothing stupid about the deal, we just got in bed with unethical investors that had bad intentions from the start that they just hid extremely well. Unfortunately these kind of situations happen in the business world more often than you would realize.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Buy Tragichost and rebrand yourself.

For the love of Sweet mother, buy Tragic host.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@SmartHost said:

@deank said:
    Kinda ironic to call his next host "Smart" then. I hope he won't get his shit stolen this round.

There was no way to predict what was going to happen. There was no way to know that what appeared to be an honest investment company would turn into such scumbags. They checked out perfectly clean before we signed on board with them, and had no prior history of such unethical acts prior to this, and were presented to us with many other options by a industry-specific financial consulting firm we hired. Funny to see how they closed up operations after they gutted BurstNET, because the reputation they caused themselves didn't allow them to continue operating...no one would ever do a deal with them again. There was nothing stupid about the deal, we just got in bed with unethical investors that had bad intentions from the start that they just hid extremely well. Unfortunately these kind of situations happen in the business world more often than you would realize.

I thought the nail in the coffin for burstnet was the volumedrive situation?

edited June 2019

I am sure that was one of the factors but I don't think they went down solely due to the theft.

• emghemgh Member

What if we send mails to Deluxe explaining how poorly the Colocrossing guys manage this?

edited June 2019

The gossip I have is that CC is busy witchhunting IPv6.

IPv4 makes money whereas v6 doesn't.

• @emgh said:
    What if we send mails to Deluxe explaining how poorly the Colocrossing guys manage this?

Then you're sending mail to the colocrossing guys.

@jackb said:
    I thought the nail in the coffin for burstnet was the volumedrive situation?

That was one of the primary issues leading to the investors forcing me out of the company. It directly led to us tripping covenants in our financing agreement with the investors.

• YuraYura Member

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

Thanked by 1SirFoxy

@deank said:
    I am sure that was one of the factors but I don't think they went down solely due to the theft.

There where other issues...BurstNET was not perfect by any means, but it would have gotten thru them if VolumeDrive had not done what they did, and investor's intentions were honorable.

• @Yura said:

@SirFoxy said:

@emgh said:

send a rogue pigeon to infiltrate deluxe 🐦

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@deank said:

@SirFoxy said:

A bird told me they're busy building a state-of-the-art Avoton pool to mine PigeonCoin.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2019

@ITLabs said:

@deank said:

@SirFoxy said:

A bird told me they're busy building a state-of-the-art Avoton pool to mine PigeonCoin.

Then don't use coins to pay pigeons. Pay the pigeons with an idling VPS or something else.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited June 2019

@ScienceOnline said:
    L’et’s see the last two independent and only colocrossing clients.

Arkahosting and lqhosting have both started operation between jenuary and february 2019, you can only find for both that the only marketing operation they did is posting in LEB, then some chinese websites posted the same offers.

Structure of the websites is almost the same.

They have the same strange way to manage nameservers, they have ns1 and ns2 on the same IP where they host the main website, 1 ip for the website, ns1 and ns2, an anusual and wrong way to setup nameservers but they have the same idea about that, both hosted nemservers and website on a Linode ip.
    Tcnhosting is the same.
    Also sparkvps has the same problem with nameservers but on a choopa ip.
    Hosting73 also has ns1 and ns2 on the same ip but the websites has a different one.
    Even colocrossing.com has ns1, ns2 and ns3 on the same ip.
    These are the last 5 offers, I'm pretty sure that if I go on I'll find full of different company genius that uses the same ip for the only two nameservers and websites on LEB, or maybe Chris can teach me that this is the right way to do that and that's why averybody there do that.

Chris, can you state that this is a coincidence?
    Would you really tell me that I have to believe that it is not the same person who is acting?

these are the similarities I've seen in 5 minutes, maybe I'm paranoid and it's all a coincidence, but if a person spends 40 minutes he will find many other similarities like these on the fake CC clients I guess.
    Hosting73 also has ns1 and ns2 on the same ip but the websites has a different one.

Colocrossing has structures, staff and money with which it could create a great reputation by providing a good service, but the best idea they have is to create lqhosting.

We are not brain-demaged, the quicker your understand this, the better off this transition will be.

1. All Colocrossing (so-called Customer-sites) who showcase on LEB has the same/identical TOS. This included the same wordings, 3-day refund policy, those blue hyperlinks (the placement of hyperlink is also similar). The only change is the name of the company/site.

2. Also, almost all of them sell identical plans - shared, vps, master reseller, alpha reseller. (Example: 600GB/300 GB space. Why not some are selling 50 GB space, 20 GB space?)

3. All of those sites do not have ANY public review/mention posted on any third-party blog, site or forum before appearing on LEB. The chinese forums featuring them, that too after the post published on LEB are also same forums!!

4. If you open all the sites in a new tab simultaneously, and view their homepages, except the template design, you'll feel that its the same company with different brands/logo.

5. All sell products ONLY hosted at Colocrossing data center(s). Mostly the Buffalo one.

6. Almost all sites showcased (in last 2 years) on LEB DO NOT REPLY to customer queries/questions posted there. In the rare case, you'll see a reply from OP of the offer.

this SIMILAR pattern is enough evidence that someone (same person) is just spinning-up new 'brands' every week/month to attract 'innocent' users.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

We are glad to hear that "changes are coming"! But also wonder when these changes would occur, or at least start? We have been members of this community for some time and over that time have experienced the gradual push out. Our most recent experience when we tried to post to both sites, LET and LEB, during the holidays in which our request seamed to be ignored only to get a response that "Sorry, we didn't reply or post your offer because it wasn't competitive enough." and provided a link to a similar offer that had one or two core VPS but priced more than double our 4 core VPS offer. It was clear some bias was occurring. Then months later started seeing posts about the ratio of CC offers to non CC offers. It was just confirmation to what we were already thinking. We look forward and hope a lot of those good people who have left will return.

• winter is coming, change is coming

• donlidonli Member

@emgh said:

@Neoon said:
    Make a domain vote, some trustworthy non provider, non cc linked person, buys it and starts the new new forum.

You mean HostBalls?

No, I think they mean with a user interface that doesn't suck.

Thanked by 1default
  • mudminmudmin Member

Sorry to say this, but aren't a lot of us web developers? Couldn't we just make a new LET in about 2 hours or a LET subreddit in 2 minutes?

• defaultdefault Veteran

Yes, problem is people still come here, because of all the content and SEO.

Besides, I don't know if it's possible (or even allowed) to copy everything from here; any member would be more than happy to create a copy of LET, but access to database is not allowed, and one can't even think about about the copyright implications of all database content (accounts and posts).

One thing is for sure: CC/Deluxe will never give LET away, because of it's commercial value; they could simply sell the whole community for a quick buck.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@mudmin said:
    Sorry to say this, but aren't a lot of us web developers? Couldn't we just make a new LET in about 2 hours or a LET subreddit in 2 minutes?

Like I said earlier: forking a site is easy, forking a community is not.

The problem isn't in the technical aspect.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

mudmin said: Sorry to say this, but aren't a lot of us web developers? Couldn't we just make a new LET in about 2 hours or a LET subreddit in 2 minutes?

LET is not broken for the many, only a few.

Thanked by 2FHR FrankZ
  • uptimeuptime Member

mudmin said: Sorry to say this, but aren't a lot of us web developers? Couldn't we just make a new LET in about 2 hours or a LET subreddit in 2 minutes?

I concur!

'tis but "a simple matter of programming" ...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @cvps_chris you told me that "it will be changing in the next week or so" (regarding the quality and provider-variety on LEB) on the 12th of June. How long is "next week or so"?

I just saw another n3servers offer got posted on LEB. I am very disappointed with this. This provider is not a good provider.

9 out of the 12 comments on their previous post are negative, with the other 3 being questions about ipv6. 11 out of the 14 comemnts on their post before that are negative, with 1 being a ipv6 question, 1 being a spambot and 1 being a "almost bought it but the rest of the comments saved me my money". None of the comments on the previous 2 offer posts have ANY positivity for the company. Not even the default, probably fake "newtork is fast my man" type of comments.

I pointed this out to you. I pointed THIS SPECIFIC PROVIDER OUT TO YOU as an example of how crappy the providers on LEB are. Yet they got ANOTHER offer post just 33 days after their previous one, on the 22th of June.

If you don't have any decent offers to post, don't post any offers at all.

edited June 2019

He's gone, people. He will come back in 6 months or so.

Thanked by 2uptime default
  • uptimeuptime Member

Change is nigh?

Thanked by 2ITLabs joepie91
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@uptime said:
    Change is nigh?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@teamacc said:
    @cvps_chris you told me that "it will be changing in the next week or so" (regarding the quality and provider-variety on LEB) on the 12th of June. How long is "next week or so"?

I just saw another n3servers offer got posted on LEB. I am very disappointed with this. This provider is not a good provider.

9 out of the 12 comments on their previous post are negative, with the other 3 being questions about ipv6. 11 out of the 14 comemnts on their post before that are negative, with 1 being a ipv6 question, 1 being a spambot and 1 being a "almost bought it but the rest of the comments saved me my money". None of the comments on the previous 2 offer posts have ANY positivity for the company. Not even the default, probably fake "newtork is fast my man" type of comments.

I pointed this out to you. I pointed THIS SPECIFIC PROVIDER OUT TO YOU as an example of how crappy the providers on LEB are. Yet they got ANOTHER offer post just 33 days after their previous one, on the 22th of June.

If you don't have any decent offers to post, don't post any offers at all.

lol

Meanwhile the extra activity this thread generated made their BSA adverts a tiny bit more valuable.

good job.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

AnthonySmith said: Meanwhile