Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran

• This following link is what I remember LEB by.
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2013-q4-the-results/#more-4872

It still is a reference point when I try to buy VPS or other services and I dont think anyone can argue with the hosts mentioned on the list. However now all I see is a fiefdom where lies and dishonesty run amok. Guess those days were just better.

The end is truly nigh!

Thanked by 2angstrom Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

quickpacket offer links still working 😂👌

Thanked by 2uptime subhojitdutta
  • jhjh Member

CVPS_Chris said: LET will also have changes coming. There will be more moderation on the way our members treat each other. I do not want to see LET become just a place for members to flame each other or hosts bashing other hosts, that is not what the forum is for

FWIW I frequent this forum every day and in the last year or so I've seen very little of this. Actually, I miss the drama LOL.

What I have seen, though, is a huge rise in fluff posts: "the end is nigh" etc. Personally I think if this represents the majority of what a member posts then they should be removed. It lowers the quality of the forum in general and makes reading through articles a chore.

• hjlowhjlow Member

all the silly gif's really get the post count up too!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Just a suggestion.

The 1 person not taking part in this conversation is the 1 person who started it, as he usually does when challenged he backs out, usually with a snarky parting shot.

Perhaps just let this one die and bring it up again in a few months when nothing changes?

Pointless being an announcement now as well.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

emgh said: You mean HostBalls?

I wouldn't call this a fork. It's something new. It may have some of the same people, but it isn't meant to be a continuation of the same nonsense that went on here.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

Someone contact Deluxe and ask them to have a look at this?

• uptimeuptime Member

Deluxe: LEB scam was due to rogue employees, they've all been let go.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Lee said:
    Someone contact Deluxe and ask them to have a look at this?

I can only seen two outcomes from doing that (granted you are actually able to find someone there to hear you out). The first being pure apathy. The second being them just turning off the LE* lights as a form of damage control.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@MasonR said:

@MasonR said:

@MasonR said:
    Another day. Another LEB post. Another CC reseller.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lqhosting-openvz-plans-as-low-as-19-year-out-of-dallas-and-kvm-plans-as-low-as-22-year-out-of-los-angeles/

I guess the silver lining is that there weren't 3-year offers presented (even though that's an option on the order form).

https://lowendbox.com/blog/dcnhost-200gb-and-400gb-master-reseller-plans-from-19-a-year/

Don't worry guys, change is coming... someday.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/serverstrong-2gb-4gb-and-6gb-ssd-kvm-vps-from-25-year-in-los-angeles-ca/

Change is coming... I can feel it.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/n3servers-2gb-openvz-vps-with-100gb-storage-and-more-ny-datacenter/

Any day now, guys. Any day now.

• @Skander said:

@cociu said:

teamacc said: After losing my mod tag I published the Transparency Report

@CVPS_Chris you can start with this and give back the mod role to this guy

careful, he might demand sisters in exchange.

@emgh said:

@Neoon said:
    Make a domain vote, some trustworthy non provider, non cc linked person, buys it and starts the new new forum.

You mean HostBalls?

that is proof that forking communities is not easy.
    the community dying is much easier, and that seems to be CC's course.

That’s because HB was never designed to rival LET. It was a community started by @jar so that we could have civil and friendly discussions (which is something we often lack over here).

Just imagine it as a small cottage. No — it’s not a multi-million dollar mansion, but it’s quiet and relaxing. It’s a break away from home — a break from a place where everything is always hectic and civilized discussions are scarce (ie. LET).

• emghemgh Member

@qps said:

emgh said: You mean HostBalls?

I wouldn't call this a fork. It's something new. It may have some of the same people, but it isn't meant to be a continuation of the same nonsense that went on here.

I replied to Neoon, we didn't talk about a fork. He did not mention the word fork even. He mentioned "start a new forum".

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@jh said:

What I have seen, though, is a huge rise in fluff posts: "the end is nigh" etc. Personally I think if this represents the majority of what a member posts then they should be removed. It lowers the quality of the forum in general and makes reading through articles a chore.

Yes, I am soooo sick of seeing that phrase around here.
    Make it stop....just enough already.
    It's like "whazzzzup" from years ago...funny for a bit, but enough is enough.

Thanked by 3Lee Spectr Daniel15
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2019

Which implies that you have a second account, I assume?

You haven't been here long enough as "Smarthost". Who were you before?

• YuraYura Member

@deank said:
    Which implies that you have a second account, I assume?

You haven't been here long enough as "Smarthost". Who were you before?

It's @BurstNET

Thanked by 1deank
    edited June 2019

Huh, really. I remember BurstNet and how they (got) burned down. Which position was he in for Burst, do you have any clue?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:
    Huh, really. I remember BurstNet and how they (got) burned down. Which position was he in for Burst, do you have any clue?

He's the ex owner, Shawn.

Francisco

Thanked by 2deank MikeAtBun
    edited June 2019

Kinda ironic to call his next host "Smart" then. I hope he won't get his shit stolen this round.

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2019

@deank said:
    Kinda ironic to call his next host "Smart" then. I hope he won't get his shit stolen this round.

I think it's SmarthOst, the equvilent of the Swedish frase, "smält ost". Goolgle it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:

Don't be mean, i'm assuming he's aware of how dumb all of that was.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Lee lazyt MikeAtBun
    edited June 2019

Trying not to, but I've seen hundreds if not thousands of hosts collapse.

As we stay in this biz long enough, I am positive that you can agree that we can start to foresee how a host will collapse when they start up. Their behavior patterns, speech patterns, hosting plan patterns all contribute to a list of predefined outcomes.

Burst though? It was none of that. In my opinion, it collapsed due to a moment of sheer stupidity.
    I actually liked Brustnet as a cheapass host. It had been running a long time as well.

• YuraYura Member

@deank said:

He would go for TragicServers but that idea was stolen a long time ago.

Thanked by 1ITLabs

Didn't we have "TragicServers" before on LET?

Or was it somewhere else?

• AmitzAmitz Member

deank said: I actually liked Brustnet as a cheapass host.

They had the worst support that I have ever encountered (besides OVH/SoYouStart/Kimsufi).

Oh, yeah, but you got what you paid for. As long as hardware worked, it was okay, exactly like OVH and its sub brands.

Speaking of which, I do have some OVH VPS.

• YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@deank said:
    Didn't we have "TragicServers" before on LET?

Or was it somewhere else?

we had/have it, until Roilan sold it. @tragic. so tragic

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I kind of think of BurstNet as the leader of the LE* market, they started the race to the bottom, for some reason they did it when no one else was running but it had a big impact, suddenly it was possible to get the same specs at half the price.

However once that USP was no longer a USP they failed to adapt, the performance of their products was no longer acceptable compared to competition at the same or even at lower prices but for years they arrogantly stuck with the whole "What do you expect at that price" counter point.

I appreciate and will always have respect for BurstNet and how they changed the landscape, I think everyone here should but in the end they turned in to a good example of what not to do.

Classic case of evolve or die.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

Nothing is more curious than the almost savage hostility that humour excites in those who lack it. George Saintsbury

tl;tr: la fin est proche

Thanked by 3Yura uptime vimalware

Burstnet era was what I'd call good times. I didn't need to cite "The end is nigh" back then. All was peachy.

Thanked by 1Daniel15