Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

14567810»

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Just discovered this and read it (yes, all of it). Looking at @jbiloh 's recent appearance in front of this background I'm not surprised that the credibility of the CC management figures here is far below that of used car salesmen and approaching that of politicians.

@jbiloh after my recent attempt to constructively and fairly discuss with you it now feels as if you had spit in my face.

Clearly buying anything from any company associated with CC is an absolute no-no after that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: Much like Michael Bublé, Chris and Jon are about to crawl out from their shitholes to try hockin' cheap plans for the holidays.

It happens every. single. year.

Yes, and like every other year, they rarely last past the holidays even though they are sold as yearly (sometimes 3 years)

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: Yes, and like every other year, they rarely last past the holidays even though they are sold as yearly (sometimes 3 years)

There's a mountain of 3 year pre-pay "unlimited account" resellers that will go poof once everyone starts paying their cPanel invoices.

cPanel's postponed almost everyone at this point to December/January.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@hjlow said:
    ai bots

AI bots would be smart enough to filter bad actors (summer hosts)

• hzrhzr Member
    edited October 2019

I don't think anyone would mind if it was mostly decent hosts that happened to use CC. I've used plenty of hosts that are reasonable and sane on CC and I have no issues with CC host.

The problem is when half the posts are actual scams, 3 year prepay, 1 day in business, no registered entity.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2019

Francisco said: cPanel's postponed almost everyone at this point to December/January.

did they really? I did not hear about that, interesting, I wonder why they chose to do that.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: did they really? I did not hear about that, interesting, I wonder why they chose to do that.

You have to ask, they didn't do it themselves.

I think all new licenses since July are under the new pricing though, but prior ones can be delayed.

Francisco

• If I remember correctly, changes are actually being made:

• "Subscribe to newsletter" on right.
    • "Latest LowEndBox Offers" on right.
    • "LowEndBox" link bellow logo (on which I accidentally clicked so many times).
    • @LEBFeed bot and it's posts.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said:

Same :lol:

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

seems to me two things should have changed on LEB, not here:

1) scam hosts reined in
    2) real posts from real hosts

I'm not feeling too optimistic about item #1 .... that shit still stinks from a mile away

There may have been a half-hearted nod towards #2 a few months ago - but I'm not sure anyone who knows the score really cares to be "featured on" LEB anymore anyway

How Soon is Nigh?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

uptime said: How Soon is Nigh?

Very

Thanked by 2uptime Amitz
  • Or, to quote Cociou, "verry, verry near"...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2019

@default said:
    If I remember correctly, changes are actually being made:

• "Subscribe to newsletter" on right.
    • "Latest LowEndBox Offers" on right.
    • @LEBFeed bot and it's posts.

Lowendbox'ed.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2019

Only change seen is crappy yearly offers from dubious sources that breaks LET rules

I see that as a conspiracy to drive business towards the great LET providers
    Awesome!

• can at least someone remove the <!-- before this box:

totally does not make sense to have no direct access to bookmarks and drafts because that is kind of removed in a dumb way ...

if you want to have your ads everyone is blocking anyway higher up then at least change the div positions the right way instead of just hiding essential functionalities

Thanked by 2default ITLabs
  • solairesolaire Member
    edited October 2019

What a shithole this has become.

uBlock filters to cut the crap:

! Changes will never come
    www.lowendtalk.com##[href="https://lowendbox.com/"]
    www.lowendtalk.com##.BoxDiscussionFilter.BoxFilter
    www.lowendtalk.com##.Box.Feed
    www.lowendtalk.com##[href="https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153227/let-provider-register-directory-find-your-next-host-here/p1"]
    www.lowendtalk.com##[href="https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/144176/providers-post-your-colo-offers-here-no-limits"]
    www.lowendtalk.com##[href="https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn"]

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • I am curious to see the changes for Black Friday. Now that's the best time for changes and advertising on LET.

• @default said:
    I am curious to see the changes for Black Friday. Now that's the best time for changes and advertising on LET.

Don't get your hopes up, there won't be any. If anything, they'll make it easier for scam hosts, i.e. no rules apply during Black Friday and beyond.

• David Bowie:
    Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (Turn and face the strange)
    Ch-ch-changes, don't want to be a richer man
    Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (Turn and face the strange)
    Ch-ch-changes, just gonna have to be a different man
    Time may change me
    But I can't trace time

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You are all trolls.

Changes have indeed come and LET has become better (for them).

Thanked by 2Amitz poisson