Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well, most of you know me, some probably do not. As you know I have not been active on LET in many years as my job role has changed, you also know that ColoCrossing owns and operates LEB/LET. I would be the first to admit that both properties have gone off the rails a bit the past year as we went through an acquisition and has not got the attention they deserve.

I have been a member of this community for 8 years and want nothing more than for LEB/LET to grow and be one of the top hosting forums on the internet where members can come and discuss hosting topics and learn. I have taken on the task to step in and help guide the community back in the right direction and start building it on the foundation in which it was originally built on. This will take a lot of work not only from ColoCrossing and the moderators but also the community members.

One of the largest complaints I have seen are the offers posted on LEB, and the way the offers were handled is not something I agree with. As full transparency many key members of the ColoCrossing team have been hands off of LEB/LET during the acquisition, and it is my number one priority to get the hosting offers back on track offering a wide variety of providers from all over the world and networks and not just ColoCrossing. LEB has rules for a reason, and following those rules are very important. We will no longer post offers from hosts that do not meet the criteria.

LET will also have changes coming. There will be more moderation on the way our members treat each other. I do not want to see LET become just a place for members to flame each other or hosts bashing other hosts, that is not what the forum is for. I will work with the moderators to come up and revamp the rules on LET regarding these items. By all mean the cest pit is still the cest pit so if you have something to say, say it there.

I am sure as I jump into this, more problems will be seen and more changes will be made. I do ask that you give us ( ColoCrossing and its team) time to make these changes. We stand by this community and believe in it 100%. Please keep an eye out for polls so we can get the community to vote on some items in the near future.

For those of you that already have some ideas popping into your head:

• No I am not a moderator, I am here to help guide.
  • Yes I am here to make changes, for the best, so please do not turn this thread into a flame war or the moderators will take care of it. This is supposed to be productive, so keep it productive.

If you have any questions please PM me, I would be happy to answer them. For those of you that got this far, congrats!

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Yes, this is a planned comment. I wrote this comment in advance. No, I am not receiving anything in return for this comment.

After losing my mod tag I published the Transparency Report. After that report, I set out to write a more detailled report on the current state of LET and LEB. I sent an advance copy of it to Chris. This got his attention. So, after getting "an audience with her majesty the Chris", I bombarded him with the things that have gone wrong with LET and LEB in the past, things that are currently wrong with LET and LEB and how to go about solving this.

Chris used the "I was not involved in that" argument a lot. That does not matter, as it was ColoCrossing as a whole that should've paid more attention to LET and LEB, and should've tried fixing it way earlier. I do not care whose fault the current state of the sites is. The point is that the sites might actually get the attention they deserve from our corporate overlords. I'll join the dark side for this (or at least I'll take a break from bombing their bases), as long as it gets fixed properly. As such, I am a pro-ponent of this announcement, and would like to ask anyone doubting the intentions of ColoCrossing to just wait and see.

I too am skeptical about this announcement and the actions that might be taken. If they screw it up, I'll be there with you lighting the torches. If not, then then world of LowEnd just became a little bit better. And in the end, that's all that matters.

So here I am, skeptically awaiting if the sunshine and rainbows outlined above are indeed going to happen. At the very least it can't get much worse. With regards to the actual content of the announcement, I'd welcome more transparency with regards to the offers on LEB, most notably from a financial point of view. But for now, baby steps.

• emghemgh Member

CVPS_Chris said: you also know that ColoCrossing owns and operates LEB/LET

I might have noticed, yes

• JackHJackH Member

Well said @CVPS_Chris! I welcome and look forward to seeing the changes. If there's anything you need don't hesitate to drop me or the rest of the team a line. Best of luck! :+1:

Thanked by 1FHR
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@CVPS_Chris LET will also have changes coming. There will be more moderation on the way our members treat each other. I do not want to see LET become just a place for members to flame each other or hosts bashing other hosts, that is not what the forum is for. I will work with the moderators to come up and revamp the rules on LET regarding these items.

I would like to suggest that you take feedback from the moderators very seriously and do not try overruling them to push through whatever your agenda is.

If you treat LET like CC property, everyone will leave, just like LEB is already a shell of its former self.

This place has a history of banter and shitposting amongst more intelligent discussions, trying to kill that may well kill LET entirely. Keep that in mind.

• The end is nigh?

Thanked by 1pike
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

I'll drink to that

Thanked by 2Wolveix Ympker
  • YuraYura Member

I am sceptical. Might turn into Puss in Boots...

• BopieBopie Member

We will see what happens, if things change well good but either way people have said it's gonna change for a long time

• To start regaining the community's trust, let's start off with a full explanation of who took away @teamacc moderator status and why? Also, why hasn't he been given it back yet?

Don't shoot the messengers when facts are facts.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@BeardyUnixGuy I had it taken away, and for a good reason. If @teamacc wants it back and can regain trust, then he can have it.

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

Actually, I am glad. I can guarantee the first thing to happen will be that CC hosts get priorities and threads closed faster than any other if there is any negativity towards them, but you know what. It's their forum, their rules.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    @BeardyUnixGuy I had it taken away, and for a good reason. If @teamacc wants it back and can regain trust, then he can have it.

@CVPS_Chris you fail to recognize that @teamacc already has the community's trust! You and CC don't!

How you handle things going forward, including @teamacc moderator situation, will determine whether you'll improve your trust within this community.

• CVPS_Chris said: There will be more moderation on the way our members treat each other. I do not want to see LET become just a place for members to flame each other or hosts bashing other hosts, that is not what the forum is for.

I cannot deny that LET has become extremely toxic in recent years. With regards to the above statement however, I honestly don't have much confidence that the new moderation rules will not be abused to simply prevent CC bashing (whenever you guys mess up again that is).

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited June 2019

@CVPS_Chris said: One of the largest complaints I have seen are the offers posted on LEB, and the way the offers were handled is not something I agree with. As full transparency many key members of the ColoCrossing team have been hands off of LEB/LET during the acquisition, and it is my number one priority to get the hosting offers back on track offering a wide variety of providers from all over the world and networks and not just ColoCrossing. LEB has rules for a reason, and following those rules are very important. We will no longer post offers from hosts that do not meet the criteria.

I'm afraid that it will take a while to repair the image of LEB, which has been seriously damaged over the past couple of years.

Besides the complaint that fly-by-night CC providers have been favored, there are non-CC providers who have said that their submission requests were never replied to. You really need to introduce greater transparency, greater impartiality, and much faster response times at LEB if you want to improve it.

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:

@CVPS_Chris said:

@CVPS_Chris you fail to recognize that @teamacc already has the community's trust! You and CC don't!

How you handle things going forward, including @teamacc moderator situation, will determine whether you'll improve your trust within this community.

Hold the fuck up. I dont want a mod tag right now.

• EHRAEHRA Member

I hope the changes will make LET a better place.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@JackH said:
    Well said @CVPS_Chris! I welcome and look forward to seeing the changes. If there's anything you need don't hesitate to drop me or the rest of the team a line. Best of luck! :+1:

I second this! Looking forward to CC being more involved in a positive way and being a part of the community.

Thanked by 1JackH
  • NickNick Member, Patron Provider

HOOAH!

Thanked by 2MasonR MikePT
  • @teamacc said:

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

@CVPS_Chris said:

Hold the fuck up. I dont want a mod tag right now.

Shuddup and take the tag!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • emghemgh Member

LEB should be a Reddit sub where we are the admins and upvote and downvote how we please

• FalzoFalzo Member

Whatever you'll do or try, you'll learn that you can't force a community to be.
    However. Best of luck.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Ok.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

teamacc said: I am a pro-ponent of this announcement, and would like to ask anyone doubting the intentions of ColoCrossing to just wait and see.

wow... just wow.

Sooooo... same people (ethics), same forum, same shit has been going on for 8? years, things actually got worse as well you know since the acquisition and they got more involved with their shill hosts, but you think things are different now because..... why exactly?

I am trying not to dismiss everything you seem to have ever stood for and I am trying not to consider you completely naive but you of all people, this is very surprising so please do explain?

IMO this is just a move so they can start banning/deleting anyone that has anything bad to say about colocrossing or their customers because perhaps its starting to have some impact or perhaps someone at their daddy company read something that did not go down well.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@CVPS_Chris said:

By that logic should you not be giving the whole forum away to someone we can trust?

• TinFoil2019TinFoil2019 Member
    edited June 2019

Deluxe purchase CC on june 4. 2018, slightly over a year ago. All of this appears to be an amazing coincidence. Perhaps the one year muzzle clause is up and we will also be graced with jbiloh and wss wisdom?

• FoulFoul Member
    edited June 2019

Let's hope change finally comes to the forum.

Got tired of those few folks pretending to be "companies" , legitimate customers were confused by those comments, and some fell for it.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@TinFoil2019 said:
    Deluxe purchase CC on june 4. 2018, slightly over a year ago. All of this appears to be an amazing coincidence. Perhaps the one year muzzle clause is up and we will also be graced with jbiloh and wss wisdom?

You signed up to say this?

• Any IPv6? < grin >

Thanked by 1jackb
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    To start regaining the community's trust, let's start off with a full explanation of who took away @teamacc moderator status and why? Also, why hasn't he been given it back yet?

Don't shoot the messengers when facts are facts.

@CVPS_Chris said:

Just FYI, failing to fully answer the first transparency question asked is not a great look, and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence where future transparency is concerned.