Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: If you, Jon, CC, whoever, came forward and said "LEB is only going to post providers that are a direct customer of CC", no one would bat an eye and have an issue with it. You own the site, post what you want. The issue is when you sit there and play that the site is non partisan and "only hosted by CC", then people are going to say you're full of it (and rightfully so).

Have you not read the OP? I specfically said the no one from top management including Jon and myself were involved in LEB/LET for over a year. The CC providers were not getting pushed by us and it is not something I agree with.

ScienceOnline said: Chris, a good thing you can do is to make all those shitty-unusable host posted on LEB good hosts and clearly state that they are created and owned by CC and not customers

This is a false statement, the only VPS companies we own are ChicagoVPS and HudsonValleyHost. Any other host that has been posted on involved in the community is a customer of ColoCrossing. The quicker your understand this, the better off this transition will be.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Amitz said: Chris has the integrity of a used car salesman.

Have you met me, took the time to speak with me or know anything about me? Didnt think so. You want to keep bringing up the past from 5+ years ago when I was young, successful and thought I could do no wrong and acted like a dick on the internet. That internet persona was not the real me and just one I took on as I did well with ChicagoVPS. I am not proud of it because again that is not me, I have grown up, realized the way I acted was wrong. Its time for you to do the same so we can all move forward and create a better community and stop the back and fourth. If everyone is not on board to see real change then ultimately it will fail, which I am sure some of you are hoping for.

Thanked by 2JackH webclouddev
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Have you not read the OP? I specfically said the no one from top management including Jon and myself were involved in LEB/LET for over a year. The CC providers were not getting pushed by us and it is not something I agree with.

Wait. So are you saying that random CC employees were put in charge of LEB and only promoted CC-based hosts on their own accord under no direction from someone higher up? I may be young, but I wasn't born yesterday.

• MasonR said: I may be young, but I wasn't born yesterday.

Just an alternative theory, maybe the toadies were trying to suck up and get noticed by higher-ups through promoting only CC hosts. Higher-ups often don't need to give direction to get the desired behavior if they've hired the right people.

• Can't wait untill Chris decides to ban Francisco for disagreeing with him xD

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

CVPS_Chris said: I am not proud of it because again that is not me, I have grown up, realized the way I acted was wrong.

Right, so that is why you still have an avatar of Trump saying "make LET great again", continue to act cocky in your replies, and have as of yet failed to provide an adequate alternative explanation as to why the LEB frontpage has consisted of exclusively CC-based hosts for quite some time now?

I mean, if you're going to make promises of "change", and you want people to believe that it's going to be for the better, then maybe a good first step would be to come clean, admit fault where due - and I mean an actual admission of fault, not a non-apology followed by the same behaviour you're non-apologizing for - and actually take the concerns of people here seriously.

This entire thread so far reads as a case of "I'm sorry we got caught and it cost our our reputation".

Edit: And to be clear, I held off on any real judgment for a while, but your comments seal the deal for me. It's just the exact same Chris again, this time with a veneer of professionalism over it.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

This feels like a damage control act to me. Talk is cheap. Action is not.

I will see what such "changes" do come and have a positive effect.

Thanked by 2Sofia_K dedotatedwam
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

MasonR said: Wait. So are you saying that random CC employees were put in charge of LEB and only promoted CC-based hosts on their own accord under no direction from someone higher up? I may be young, but I wasn't born yesterday.

That is what he is saying and that is a lie.

This has started well.

Additionally I can confirm he has been active with LET/B in the past year, and @teamacc lost his mod roll due to his activity which he posted in public.

@teamacc less than 24 hours later, should we still be holding our breath?

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • Thanked by 2Miky taubin
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2019

Maybe CC should stop hiding behind human mistakes (I was young) and stop finding excuses for the future (I have grown). We all know administrators and moderators wrote their point of view so far; some of them had the hosting balls to even step down on their own; others told the truth out in the open while providing arguments and proof; others continued to re-ban bad resellers, all because of CC actions.

Maybe all this energy in finding excuses could be diverted to something else, more positive, like saving what is left, by leaving the community flourish without CC angels and demons above our heads. In all this CC should totally be proud, because they created this board with free thinking and, despite what happened so far, some are still here.

Somehow I dare to think this project has evolved to the point where the baby bird can be left alone, to start leaving the nest and fly on it's own.

Preparing my popcorn, just in case...

• @AnthonySmith said:

MasonR said: Wait. So are you saying that random CC employees were put in charge of LEB and only promoted CC-based hosts on their own accord under no direction from someone higher up? I may be young, but I wasn't born yesterday.

That is what he is saying and that is a lie.

This has started well.

Additionally I can confirm he has been active with LET/B in the past year, and @teamacc lost his mod roll due to his activity which he posted in public.

@teamacc less than 24 hours later, should we still be holding our breath?

Not sure. I'm talking to chris on discord a bit, advising him on course of action. So far he's completed only the "promise stuff" part of the instructions. If the instructions are unclear and he gets his dick stuck in a toaster, I can do a nice post-mortem write-up of this whole affair. It will be long, juicy and good. I just hope I dont have to write it.

Thanked by 2sanvit poisson
    edited June 2019

I miss the days when @teamaccc used to give me warnings for kicks.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@deank said:
    I miss the days when @teamaccc used to give me warnings for kicks.

Why give you warnings? You only told us the end is nigh. It's not like you were lying, look at this thread.

Sometimes for the fun of it.

Sometimes I specifically asked for it, again for kicks.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited June 2019

Another day. Another LEB post. Another CC reseller.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lqhosting-openvz-plans-as-low-as-19-year-out-of-dallas-and-kvm-plans-as-low-as-22-year-out-of-los-angeles/

I guess the silver lining is that there weren't 3-year offers presented (even though that's an option on the order form).

Thanked by 2emgh dedotatedwam
  • So tl;dr?

• @yokowasis said:
    So tl;dr?

Chris announces that he's gonna try and fix LET and LEB. People are skeptical. Lets see what happens.

Thanked by 2willK Ole_Juul

To be honest, it is too late. Damage has already been done. Those who left won't come back.

And we can see significant amount of people have left. I mean look how inactive the forum is now.

Thanked by 2emgh dedotatedwam
  • What about ipv6 ?

• JackHJackH Member
    edited June 2019

I've never been a huge fan of many of the decisions CC have made in the past, but this is the most I've seen anyone from the company interact with the moderation team in a long time.

His intentions are to make LET/LEB better. Whether that's from a commercial CC point of view, or a community perspective (I imagine it will be the former) that's up to CC. LET/LEB at the end of the day is their commercial entity to do with as they please.

I mentioned this to @CVPS_Chris a while back, and I'll reiterate it now; frictionless, everyday community interaction is not only a way for Chris to get a feel for what we as a community don't like, but also for us to get to know him, CC and Deluxe a little better.

As delusional as it may be for me to believe, an attempt is being made and that is not something that we as a community should be discouraging. Give them a chance whilst remembering that corporate timelines for low-profit projects will be longer than we might like.

I will second @Francisco's point that actions will show the true result of these intentions. Another report in six months time is the only reliable way to demonstrate that a change, if any, has been made or attempted.

Until then, let's try to remain a little pragmatic and encourage positive discussion between the community and its owners wherever appropriate.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • emghemgh Member

@MasonR said:
    Another day. Another LEB post. Another CC reseller.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lqhosting-openvz-plans-as-low-as-19-year-out-of-dallas-and-kvm-plans-as-low-as-22-year-out-of-los-angeles/

I guess the silver lining is that there weren't 3-year offers presented (even though that's an option on the order form).

Just lol

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

Bananas

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Well I'm 100% on-board with this plan and would encourage everyone here to give Chris the benefit of the doubt...

...because it has the potential to lead to some off the charts drama threads and shitposting in the next few months.

• KermEdKermEd Member

Oh man I must be on the out. LET has more or less appeared unchanged to me over the last 2 to 3 years - it was a bit different before that. But I sometimes enjoy seeing threads like this go south (predictably) quickly :D

Thanked by 1willK
  • MikyMiky Member

Words may show a man's wit, but actions his meaning.
    Benjamin Franklin

Anything else is BS! And this is no aimed to 1 person only!

• hyperexperthyperexpert Member, Host Rep

angstrom said: there are non-CC providers who have said that their submission requests were never replied to. You really need to introduce greater transparency, greater impartiality, and much faster response times at LEB if you want to improve it.

@CVPS_Chris - Maybe start by accepting my LEB offer or at least reply back to my ticket ;)

• @hyperexpert said:

angstrom said: there are non-CC providers who have said that their submission requests were never replied to. You really need to introduce greater transparency, greater impartiality, and much faster response times at LEB if you want to improve it.

@CVPS_Chris - Maybe start by accepting my LEB offer or at least reply back to my ticket ;)

Doesn't meet requirements for LET provider tag today, featured on LEB tomorrow?

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris - Maybe start by accepting my LEB offer or at least reply back to my ticket

Please ask your question in the form of a customer ticket in the CC portal.

• hello, it is I, lurking, consuming popcorn.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • ScienceOnline said: Chris, a good thing you can do is to make all those shitty-unusable host posted on LEB good hosts and clearly state that they are created and owned by CC and not customers

This is a false statement, the only VPS companies we own are ChicagoVPS and HudsonValleyHost. Any other host that has been posted on involved in the community is a customer of ColoCrossing. The quicker your understand this, the better off this transition will be.

>

Those "companies" are all set up a couple of month or something like that before posting on LEB and you can't see no marketing action before that, most of them are made with domains of Company wich are no more Active and thier domans expired, the big majority has the same ideantical price scheme, same text in the websites and so on, and using CC.
    If it's not you creating fake companies the idiot it's not me and there is the same person which submit to LEB offers that you keep on posting, or you really wanna tell me that those are legit companies owned by different entity?

Be honest, this Is something very clear to anybody, those companies are created directly from CC to sell shit and do not take responsibility.

P.S. I have a cvps vps and it's really great of you were a Little bit smarter and focus on that....

Thanked by 2doghouch Yura