Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

Comments

• dedotatedwamdedotatedwam Member
    edited June 2019

Let me guess... You want to make LET/LEB Great Again?

Yawn

• sanvitsanvit Member

Time to go back to HostBalls

• LeeLee Veteran

sanvit said: Time to go back to HostBalls

Ok, but if it was that good why did you leave?

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

Suggesting LEB is holding up some standard seems questionable at best. It has acted as a vehicle to advertise host after host with no clear profitability plan and many only a handful of months old offering long term deals with no SLA or refund.

It certainly isn’t LEB’s role to offer financial auditing, but time and time again ColoCrossing has been complacent in providing a forum for these scams.

How about some accountability to run LEB posts other than you lease from CC.

No term deals for longer than the existence of the registered company.

How about we stop unbanning colocrossing customers.

Thanked by 2dedotatedwam willK
  • LeeLee Veteran

IonSwitch_Stan said: How about some accountability to run LEB posts other than you lease from CC.

It's there if you read it. Believe it when you see it happen.

CVPS_Chris said: and it is my number one priority to get the hosting offers back on track offering a wide variety of providers from all over the world and networks and not just ColoCrossing

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2019

LEB be like...

It's "Pining for the fjords", "It's pushing up the daisys"

"If you want anything done in this community you have to complain till your blue in the mouth"

Thanked by 1uptime
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    How about we stop unbanning colocrossing customers.

Its not going to happen.

The same hand, which sells dedicated servers, hold this forum.
    And they make money on the same bloody hand with that.

They wont shoot themself into the hand.
    Thats the point I always questioned, about ownership of stuff.

As long the forum is owned by CC, it wont happen.

edited June 2019

@Lee my comment was less about “let non-customers post” and more that it shouldn’t be the only measure. If LEB wanted to be transparent and say those are only deals from hosting customers they would be fine. But right now it appears as though a credit card and a cc leased host is the only requirement. There should be a bit more rigor even if they didn’t stop limiting it to only CC customers.

Some examples like requiring refunds. No long term unsustainable deals, replying to customers, etc.

Thanked by 1Lee
    edited June 2019

@Neoon then atleast be upfront about it with a moderation log. “We unbanned x because they are a customer, and are no longer enforcing this rule”. There shouldn’t be a caste system where cc customers are held to a different standard. But there is, so lest be honest and say there is.

• grnzgrnz Member

Can't even, I.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

CVPS_Chris said: my number one priority to get the hosting offers back on track offering a wide variety of providers from all over the world and networks and not just ColoCrossing. LEB has rules for a reason, and following those rules are very important. We will no longer post offers from hosts that do not meet the criteria.

While it's a nice gesture, this is a transparency/disclosure issue, not a sharing the wealth issue.

If you, Jon, CC, whoever, came forward and said "LEB is only going to post providers that are a direct customer of CC", no one would bat an eye and have an issue with it. You own the site, post what you want. The issue is when you sit there and play that the site is non partisan and "only hosted by CC", then people are going to say you're full of it (and rightfully so).

The issue is that neither stance has been disclosed. The only reason you're now admitting this is a problem is because @teamacc took the time to write a report proving this is the case.

If you want to share and promote members? That's awesome for the community, thank you. I'd love to see the site ~50% split between CC hosts and others. Hell, even getting to a 75% CC / 25% outsiders would be a nice improvement.

I don't believe it will happen though. Jon himself promised the same a couple Black Friday/Cyber Monday's ago where he made a post asking for providers to submit and share their offers to get posted.

NO ONE from there got posted. It was either publicly owned CC brands, or ones that most of us assume as CC involved. Infact, some of the offers posted were setup to undercut other providers. It was a pure brain drain, and a complete dick move.

No one should trust a word of whats said until another transparency report is done 6 months from when it all starts. If we see a noticeable improvement going through all of the 6 months, and not just front loaded to make it look like it, then some trust can be earned.

CC/Deluxe/etc are the ones lacking trust from the community, not anyone else.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll do just fine @CVPS_Chris.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • imokimok Member

Are you @WSS?

• @imok said:
    Are you @WSS?

No that's me according to @Janevski

• Best of luck in this new endeavor. I know some of us abandoned ship a while back because of the toxicity. I hop e this bew direction proves positive and all involved are bettered by it!

• Changes such as removing any hate towards CC companies

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@corbpie said:
    Changes such as removing any hate towards CC companies

If they really do what they say they're going to do, I think the hate towards them would shed anyway.

Silencing people by bans, demotions, etc, will just make it even worse.

Francisco

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Is there a change on your Chicago's VPS spams?

• Chris, a good thing you can do is to make all those shitty-unusable host posted on LEB good hosts and clearly state that they are created and owned by CC and not customers.
    You know, fooling people Is not a good start. We all know that you create those host, but they are scams, they (you) sell unusable vps and you directly sell them. If you are an honest man be clear on this and don't sell that garbage scanning people, if you wanna create 2000 brands to sell on LEB, sell proper vps and don't hide behind "they are customer". Be honest.

Thanked by 2Sofia_K dedotatedwam
  • @AnthonySmith said:

teamacc said: I am a pro-ponent of this announcement, and would like to ask anyone doubting the intentions of ColoCrossing to just wait and see.

You think things are different now because..... why exactly?

I am trying not to dismiss everything you seem to have ever stood for and I am trying not to consider you completely naive but you of all people, this is very surprising so please do explain?

You're misreading my comment. I mean "Don't immediately knock CC off a cliff for this announcement, wait for what happens". If something good happens, we're all happy. If something bad happens, this will result in a shitstorm. Just don't start with the shitstorming yet. Give deluxe-owned CC a chance. Las chance, sure, but chance.

@Francisco said:

No one should trust a word of whats said until another transparency report is done 6 months from when it all starts. If we see a noticeable improvement going through all of the 6 months, and not just front loaded to make it look like it, then some trust can be earned.

This is more in line with what I mean. Don't trust the words but trust the actions (IF they happen). Just give it a slight sliver of a chance.

• xaocxaoc Member

I know hope's the last to die but wtf guys? :P

• YuraYura Member

@xaoc said:

They joined sect of Eternal Hope. Not even moderators are immune to it's lures.

Thanked by 1default
  • @Yura said:

@xaoc said:

Eternal Hope LLC is (and always has been) defunct in my imaginary books.

:]

• xaocxaoc Member

@doghouch said:

@Yura said:

@xaoc said:

Eternal Hope LLC is (and always has been).

:]

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Thanked by 1Yura
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2019

Whatever you change, it's still ColoCrossing in the background. That's like decorating a pile of dog shit and saying: "Look how nice it is now!". It still remains dog shit. Chris has the integrity of a used car salesman. Why should anyone trust him of all people to do something good for the community?

Thanked by 2netomx lazyt
  • defaultdefault Veteran

• IshaqIshaq Member

Moooo.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ishaq said:
    Moooo.

you of all people?

Thanked by 1JackH
  • nothing here, move on

• YuraYura Member

@Clouvider said: