Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes are coming! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes are coming!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

ScienceOnline said: Those "companies" are all set up a couple of month or something like that before posting on LEB and you can't see no marketing action before that, most of them are made with domains of Company wich are no more Active and thier domans expired, the big majority has the same ideantical price scheme, same text in the websites and so on, and using CC.

Or they raise from the dead outta no where and suddenly get a multi year posting.

Prime example: vpsao.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

ScienceOnline said: Those "companies" are all set up a couple of month or something like that before posting on LEB and you can't see no marketing action before that, most of them are made with domains of Company wich are no more Active and thier domans expired, the big majority has the same ideantical price scheme, same text in the websites and so on, and using CC.

Or they raise from the dead outta no where and suddenly get a multi year posting.

Prime example: vpsao.

Francisco

Vpsao was taken over by some holding corp probably less than a month before their first leb post. Check the first post they have on leb and read their reply to my comment.

teamacc said: Vpsao was taken over by some holding corp probably less than a month before their first leb post. Check the first post they have on leb and read their reply to my comment.

Yeah, i'm sure they were.

Just like their claim that they were lush with funding.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

teamacc said: Vpsao was taken over by some holding corp probably less than a month before their first leb post. Check the first post they have on leb and read their reply to my comment.

Yeah, i'm sure they were.

Just like their claim that they were lush with funding.

Francisco

I meant to say that it was not the original company. Couldn't find any info on the holding either, probably a one man show with some possible CPU steal (running multiple companies at the same time)

• ScienceOnlineScienceOnline Member
    edited June 2019

L’et’s see the last two independent and only colocrossing clients.

Arkahosting and lqhosting have both started operation between jenuary and february 2019, you can only find for both that the only marketing operation they did is posting in LEB, then some chinese websites posted the same offers.

Structure of the websites is almost the same.

They have the same strange way to manage nameservers, they have ns1 and ns2 on the same IP where they host the main website, 1 ip for the website, ns1 and ns2, an anusual and wrong way to setup nameservers but they have the same idea about that, both hosted nemservers and website on a Linode ip.
    Tcnhosting is the same.
    Also sparkvps has the same problem with nameservers but on a choopa ip.
    Hosting73 also has ns1 and ns2 on the same ip but the websites has a different one.
    Even colocrossing.com has ns1, ns2 and ns3 on the same ip.
    These are the last 5 offers, I'm pretty sure that if I go on I'll find full of different company genius that uses the same ip for the only two nameservers and websites on LEB, or maybe Chris can teach me that this is the right way to do that and that's why averybody there do that.

Chris, can you state that this is a coincidence?
    Would you really tell me that I have to believe that it is not the same person who is acting?

these are the similarities I've seen in 5 minutes, maybe I'm paranoid and it's all a coincidence, but if a person spends 40 minutes he will find many other similarities like these on the fake CC clients I guess.
    Hosting73 also has ns1 and ns2 on the same ip but the websites has a different one.

Colocrossing has structures, staff and money with which it could create a great reputation by providing a good service, but the best idea they have is to create lqhosting.

We are not brain-demaged, the quicker your understand this, the better off this transition will be.

• Merely PR Damage control stunt in it's cheapest form -Words/talk- .. Adding Insult to injury. coughAmateurscough

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@JackH said:
    [...] LET/LEB at the end of the day is their commercial entity to do with as they please.

[...] Give them a chance whilst remembering that corporate timelines for low-profit projects will be longer than we might like.

I don't recall the community ever getting a say in LET becoming a "commercial entity", to use your phrasing; it was acquired by very sketchy means, against the will of the original owner.

So let's maybe not start with the corporate apologism when they've never run this place in good faith to begin with?

I'll "give them a chance" when they show that they are willing to unconditionally put the community first. Until that moment, they will not get an ounce of trust nor wiggling room from me.

• throwback

Chill yall.

Most of us know each other or are familiar with each other for years. For those who are newer, hello! I don't wander round these parts much anymore especially since it's turned into... well... unnecessary bs.

We've known this crap has always been happening. From the perspective of the community, there's been a ton of "we're sorry" from CC and LEB team. From CC Management perspective they think they've left LEB alone letting it operate autonomously (this is what they claim, not saying this is actually what has happened since I don't know nor do I really care) and that such "findings" are simply the operation and decisions of the LEB team (that is supposed to be "disconnected" from management).

All this is, is reiterating things we've known for years. Yall lost the community's trust. Yall own this website, so no matter what you guys are responsible for whatever happens to this site and how you operate it. That's on you. The community feels betrayed. It's always been. This also isn't the first time yall have backpedaled. We've been here before, we're here now, and we're going to continue coming to this place of backpedaling and "sorry sorry sorry"s.

This post is the equivalent of standing outside in the cold with a boombox playing "Baby Come Back!" and yelling "I can change!" for the 20th time. I feel like LE* is like that terrible ex-girlfriend you have that's absolutely psycho and crazy but somehow scratches that itch in just the right way. You try to deal with the crazy and the bs, but...

At some point just cut it off and cut it out.

This was aimed at noone in particular. Just wanted to shout into the dark just every once in a while.

Hi old friends!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I think what everyone needs to consider.... Chris just made this post for fun to get a raise out of us and is sitting back laughing right now and that is all there ever was to this post.

I have seen some "wow holy shit how do you manage to tie your own shoelaces" levels of intelligence on this forum in the past but surely no one is really stupid enough to believe this.

I can only assume @teamacc's account has actually been taken over by CC as I know he is just not this gullible.

• HurleyHurley Member

AnthonySmith said: I can only assume @teamacc's account has actually been taken over by CC as I know he is just not this gullible.

Your favourite somewhat stompy can confirm that the account is not taken over by CC. Yet.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@MasonR said:
    Another day. Another LEB post. Another CC reseller.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/lqhosting-openvz-plans-as-low-as-19-year-out-of-dallas-and-kvm-plans-as-low-as-22-year-out-of-los-angeles/

I guess the silver lining is that there weren't 3-year offers presented (even though that's an option on the order form).

Another day. Another LEB post. Another CC reseller.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/dcnhost-200gb-and-400gb-master-reseller-plans-from-19-a-year/

Don't worry guys, change is coming... someday.

edited June 2019

AnthonySmith said: I think what everyone needs to consider.... Chris just made this post for fun to get a raise out of us and is sitting back laughing right now and that is all there ever was to this post.

I think Chris made the post to try to show Deluxe that he should keep his job.

While it came off a bit tin-foily a page ago, the CC sale does supposedly finalize its payments this/next month.

I expect to see most of the higher ranked people at CC leave. No ones seen Jon on these forums in a long time. I expect Alex to go to greener pastures too.

We've all been pretty certain that Chris was kept during the transition because Jon wanted him there. If Jon's doesn't stay with the company post sale, I don't know why they'd be keeping Chris on, unless he found something (like LE*) to justify it.

If he's serious and we start seeing month after month of improvements, then that's awesome on him. I hope for the sake of the community that it's true.

Francisco

• Don't fix what's not broken

• deankdeank Member, Troll

There is a chance that this thread was created by PMS.

Thanked by 2default netomx
  • YuraYura Member

This forum generates more conspiracy theories than Alex Jones. It's awesome.

• @AnthonySmith said:

I can only assume @teamacc's account has actually been taken over by CC as I know he is just not this gullible.

Nope, it's still me. Just gonna wait it out until I have a week of holidays (half of July) to type up the next saga in the transparancy report. ColoCrossing has until then to actually show changes.

• hjlowhjlow Member

epic thread although not 100% sure what the big deal is.. is anyone here against their will?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Aye, some of us are here against our will.

That's the problem.

Thanked by 3grnz lazyt MikeAtBun
  • grnzgrnz Member

Can't I even...

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
    Aye, some of us are here against our will.

That's the problem.

You can always go back to solitary confinement.

• uptimeuptime Member

we are all just prisoners here

of our own device

• @Yura said:

FROGS ARE TURNING GAY

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member

@SirFoxy said:

@Yura said:

FROGS ARE TURNING GAY

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • Thanked by 1Yura
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

So that means native IPv6 will be supported soon?

Thanked by 2grnz NodePing
  • SpectrSpectr Member
    edited June 2019

Enough with the small talk let's see some results.
    How about a NON-COLOCROSSING host on LEB to get us started?

Until I see that, this post is just a shit yarn.

Thanked by 1reikuzan
  • HurleyHurley Member

Spectr said: How about a NON-COLOCROSSING host on LEB to get us started?

I don't think I would recommend advertising on LEB at all...

• SpectrSpectr Member

@Spectr said:
    Enough with the small talk let's see some results.
    How about a NON-COLOCROSSING host on LEB to get us started?

@Hurley said:

Spectr said: How about a NON-COLOCROSSING host on LEB to get us started?

I don't think I would recommend advertising on LEB at all...

I'm sure a lot of hosts here would be happy to be listed there - even as a proof from the CC team that "LEB isn't just for CC hosts"

• defaultdefault Veteran

Thanked by 1uptime