Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 € - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 €

Comments

• @Falzo What about your servers? :P

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Well, I got my refund.

What is their policy on refunds?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2018

@Silvest said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    Well, I got my refund.

What is their policy on refunds?

14 days Widerrufsrecht I believe.

Basically this is Germanys right of withdrawal.

Right of withdrawal:

You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.

Thanked by 1Silvest
  • Ympker said: 14 days Widerrufsrecht I believe.

only if you're not business customers of course. and can't tell if that applies to non-european customers at all or what they make out of it anyway :-)

Ympker said: @Falzo What about your servers? :P

besides being confused again about people messing around with that term "upload" - I still see around 580 Mbit/s incoming with multithreaded iperf3 and upto 105MB/s with the usual serverbench wget scripts.
    outgoing (what I'd call "upload") it's around 950Mbit/s with iperf.

I haven't checked much real life examples yet, but so far I am very happy with that, as said I am not torrenting or alike but going to host websites so very fine with faster out then in :-)

also I didn't put much traffic on it so far anyway, maybe they have some kind of automatic limitation in place or whatever...

on a sidenote: the 24% discount seems also to apply to additional IPs recurring, even ordered later. as it seems they just extend the contract and use the discount automatically, which makes them just 0,76€ (incl. VAT) each.
    Order was possible yesterday after putting in a control panel validation code which came per snail mail (seems to be a german only thing, too).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Hey, what is the coupon for 24% discunt? Or am I too late for the party?

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited January 2018

@levnode said:
    Hey, what is the coupon for 24% discunt? Or am I too late for the party?

Just take a look @ the very first post... But you're very much too late.

Thanked by 1levnode
  • Does it need authentication?
    Like an identity card or a passport.

• @moni099878 said:
    Does it need authentication?
    Like an identity card or a passport.

Yes.

• I'd be interested if someone with a Ryzen could post the cpu flags. Basically the contents of /proc/cpuinfo except there's no need to do all 16 vcores- just 1 is enough. Thanks.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@Silvest said:
    They capped my upload at 300mbps now too >.>

Welcome to Myloc.

I warned people, but they wont listen.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • SilvestSilvest Member
    edited January 2018

@willie said:
    I'd be interested if someone with a Ryzen could post the cpu flags. Basically the contents of /proc/cpuinfo except there's no need to do all 16 vcores- just 1 is enough. Thanks.

Here you go mate

flags       : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca 
    cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext 
    fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good 
    nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf 
    pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma 
    cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt 
    aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm 
    extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch 
    osvw skinit wdt tce topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext 
    perfctr_l2 mwaitx hw_pstate vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 
    avx2 smep bmi2 rdseed adx smap clflushopt sha_ni 
    xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves clzero irperf arat 
    npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean 
    flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold avic 
    v_vmsave_vmload overflow_recov succor smca

Thanked by 4willie Falzo eva2000 pinc
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited January 2018

Here is the promised update:

1 Regarding the network issues

MyLoc has found the problem. It resided in the batch of switches they ordered. The MAC-Addresses were 'too close together' to make the LAG working as expected. Resulting in not using the LAG as specified. Weired error ofcourse, seems to be related to the same batch of switches with iterating MACs very very close together (basically like ..-..-..-AA ..-..-..-..-AB etc..)

As of yesterday they've told me that all new provisioned servers were affected by this bug and they've reconfigured their equipment. Error should be gone by now. Finally they've thanked me to point this out, even thought first level support tried to get rid of my bug report a dozen times - meh :)

2 Regarding 300/500 Mbit guranteed peak bandwidth

This one is a bit .. tricky. They've told me the advertised 500 mbit peak are not part of the contract so its okay to just say 300 now. Even though i dont think this is legally correct, even if it is not part of their SLA its part of what we've ordered at the time beeing. Still - as of my experience they deliver atleast 700+ Mbit most of the time and even during peak-hours there shouldnt be a problem if you hit only 300 mbit for a few seconds. For me personally its not problem, i just wanted to point that out so there is no intel left.

Hope i could help. Have a gud 1 ;-)

• @fLoo said:

Still - as of my experience they deliver atleast 700+ Mbit most of the time and even during peak-hours there shouldnt be a problem if you hit only 300 mbit for a few seconds.

They have 2 network profiles, giving you 1000 mbit/s best effort and hard limit you at your guranteed peak bandwidth which kicks in after you exceeded some threshold of used traffic.
    So if you push a lot of traffic there this 300/500 mbit/s differents will bother you

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited January 2018

@user54321 said:
    They have 2 network profiles, giving you 1000 mbit/s best effort and hard limit you at your guranteed peak bandwidth which kicks in after you exceeded some threshold of used traffic.
    So if you push a lot of traffic there this 300/500 mbit/s differents will bother you

Thats wrong. The throtteling only kicks in when the switch-uplink (4,6 or 10G) is congestet. Then and only then bandwidth is beeing limited. And its not a hard-limit, the limit kicks in softly, so BW is going down for everyone, up to the point where everyone gets the advertised minimum BW which is 300 Mbit.

Update: You're right and i was wrong. They seem to have switched that behavior, didnt test beforehand. My bad! This only seem to apply during peak hours (evening). Gonna run permanent speed tests now to confirm.

• So guys any words on the VAT? Some said they took off the VAT but some said they charge foreigners 19% more instead of VAT. Can anyone confirm if they remove the VAT for customers outside of EU?

• Anyone having Problems? My server seems to be down. Just want to double-check because it was online a few hours ago.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@Yakooza said:
    So guys any words on the VAT? Some said they took off the VAT but some said they charge foreigners 19% more instead of VAT. Can anyone confirm if they remove the VAT for customers outside of EU?

They did remove VAT for me but still charge 19% more. A consumer in my country would pay the 19% extra + 21% on top of the 19%.

@fLoo said:
    Anyone having Problems? My server seems to be down. Just want to double-check because it was online a few hours ago.

My servers are online

Thanked by 1Yakooza
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@fLoo does your server goes down every few hours ?

At the moment we are also facing this issue with one of our new node for test project.

Thanked by 1fLoo
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited January 2018

@RIYAD said:
    @fLoo does your server goes down every few hours ?

At the moment we are also facing this issue with one of our new node for test project.

I encounter this problem the first time. I was on it ~ 5 hours ago but now it just gone offline. Dont know if its the routing or power or hardware .... I'm sure it wasnt me :)
    P.S.: Its the new Ryzen server from christmas deals.

IP: 193.111.199.XXX

• xeon from the same deal, all up here no visible interruptions...

• @Falzo said:
    xeon from the same deal, all up here no visible interruptions...

Are you in the same subnet?

@fLoo we found one problem when running yum update /kernel update for the latest patch (microcode: Patch-ID 0x08001213: size mismatch.) for the Ryzen server and causing issue.

For us ,if we reboot the server from control panel it would come back online.

• both my servers there are online

• @fLoo said:

@Falzo said:
    xeon from the same deal, all up here no visible interruptions...

Are you in the same subnet?

No, totally different, sorry...

• I would blame it on the Ryzen. Network seems fine. Maybe hardware went nuts.

• They said the server was off. So they turned it on again. Today the same game .. just of now the server went offline. Maybe power issues?

• @vfuse said:

@Yakooza said:
    So guys any words on the VAT? Some said they took off the VAT but some said they charge foreigners 19% more instead of VAT. Can anyone confirm if they remove the VAT for customers outside of EU?

They did remove VAT for me but still charge 19% more. A consumer in my country would pay the 19% extra + 21% on top of the 19%.

@fLoo said:
    Anyone having Problems? My server seems to be down. Just want to double-check because it was online a few hours ago.

My servers are online

I have contacted them. They have mentioned the price is already excluding VAT. As what they claim they said for IPs from Germany the price is showing is different.

edited January 2018

@fLoo same issue here also Ryzen cpu and our server ip is same range as yours . I have been over ticket with them last 14days and still the issue is not solved.

• Such a beautiful build. When can we expect EYPC servers?

• @sureiam said:
    Such a beautiful build. When can we expect EYPC servers?

Hetzner.com

This discussion has been closed.