Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 € - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 €

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Its MyLoc..... not worth to touch.

@fLoo said:
    I've just found the best christmas deal for me:

• 1000 Mbit (Gbit Flat) dedicated (no throtteling)

haha, reminds me of my backup server at myloc, OVH was used as primary, we got like 5Mbit from the 1000Mbit, it was throttled to mars and beyond.

We needed to raise a ticket and talk to them a few days until they removed the throttle.

What a joke.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • ordered one to just play around, haven't been a customer of webtropia before, so will be interesting to see how this might work out... for what it's worth, D-1540 with 64GB, 2x960GB SSD and 2x2TB HDD at ~64€ without VAT isn't a bad deal I'd say ;-)

obviously need to validate too, it says to send business registration, let's see how fast they are in working with that :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2017

@Falzo said:
    ordered one to just play around, haven't been a customer of webtropia before, so will be interesting to see how this might work out... for what it's worth, D-1540 with 64GB, 2x960GB SSD and 2x2TB HDD at ~64€ without VAT isn't a bad deal I'd say ;-)

obviously need to validate too, it says to send business registration, let's see how fast they are in working with that :-)

Mind pming me some benchmarks? :)

Thanked by 1nobizzle
  • @Ympker said:

@Falzo said:
    ordered one to just play around, haven't been a customer of webtropia before, so will be interesting to see how this might work out... for what it's worth, D-1540 with 64GB, 2x960GB SSD and 2x2TB HDD at ~64€ without VAT isn't a bad deal I'd say ;-)

Mind pming me some benchmarks? :)

ofc not :-)

just need to wait for them to verify and provision that box. I don't believe that's going to happen before wednesday anyway, but will update accordingly...

• @Falzo why D-1540 is it the disk?

• I can give benchmarks as soon as they provision my system. Although i had been customer before, i need to get verified too (last dedicated order is > 1 year). VServers dont count :(

@Falzo is right though - Noone from billing will work on christmas in Germany :)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

@ehab said:
    @Falzo why D-1540 is it the disk?

yes, part of, you get max three disk with the ryzen, also it's 10€ more for the base system and another 10€ for 64GB. if you go for a third 960GB SSD that's cheaper with the ryzen though. but CPU power usually isn't my priority ;-)

• @Falzo said:

@ehab said:
    @Falzo why D-1540 is it the disk?

yes, part of, you get max three disk with the ryzen, also it's 10€ more for the base system and another 10€ for 64GB. if you go for a third 960GB SSD that's cheaper with the ryzen though. CPU power usually isn't my priority ;-)

Yea would have gone with the D-1540 too but i need the CPU per core speed for SQL :(

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

€4.33 to pay by card though :/

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited December 2017

No payment method without fees offered?

• @benj0x said:

Nope thats why i said 80 € and not 7X ;-)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

@benj0x said:

only SEPA direct debit as it seems and only if you checkout with automatic renewal.

(be aware of 4 weeks cancellation period, german contracts etc.)

Thanked by 2fLoo Ympker
  • Automatic renewal sucks. So I must pay these fees. <.>

• Just got a mail back, that they accepted and confirm the order and will start provisioning... so maybe still some lonely sales representative holding position there and workung verifications? :-)

timeframe given is 12-24h for preconfigured systems - this dedi more likely counts as customized anyway...

Thanked by 2Ympker ehab
  • is ryzen fixed tons of issues with their CPUs? Like crashes when you are using it in full power?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • desperand said: is ryzen fixed tons of issues with their CPUs? Like crashes when you are using it in full power?

Yep, quite stable now.

Any benchmarks or network speeds yet?

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited December 2017

Has nothing todo with dedicated servers.

• @fLoo said:

It does not. But with Webtropia overall :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@fLoo said:

It's fine. Based on the limited reviews in this thread I assume we're all just using them to mine whatever alt coin is easy to CPU mine that we're taking chances on right now.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jarland said:

@Ympker said:

@fLoo said:

It's fine. Based on the limited reviews in this thread I assume we're all just using them to mine whatever alt coin is easy to CPU mine that we're taking chances on right now.

Its not just any alt coin, its monero.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@vovler said:

@jarland said:

@Ympker said:

@fLoo said:

Its not just any alt coin, its monero.

Got too hard for me I guess I started just a little too late. All in on electroneum. Much more of a gamble, still convinced monero is the sure thing. Electroneum is getting solid attention though, I'm somewhere around 1400 coins deep without trying too hard.

• @Ympker said:

@fLoo said:

Yea and Hetzner got hacked this year, OVH had security problems .. so what.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Lets not forget the Xeon one has IPMI. While you need to pay 25EUR for 48h KVM for the other servers. So less cpu benchmark score but a few benefits such as IPMI, more RAM, more disk.

Thanked by 1dcc
  • there are so much negativity towards myloc in here. i wonder what wrongdoing/problem they did in the past. anyone care to shed the light?

@serverfood said:
    there are so much negativity towards myloc in here. i wonder what wrongdoing/problem they did in the past. anyone care to shed the light?

They fucked up to many times, like when they had a "power outage", someone I knew had rented dedis and colocated ones.

The rented ones, where rebooted, the colocated ones stayed online.

According to him, they where rebooted by MyLoc, they never had any power outage.

Just google, a lot of shit you can find about that company.

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • IPMI need extra money?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

everyone needs extra money

Thanked by 3jar mksh vfuse
  • benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited December 2017

Has anyone got already his server? Do they always require a passport before verifying?
    I mean I think sending someone your passport is a potential security risk.

This discussion has been closed.