Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 €
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 €

fLoofLoo Member
edited December 2017 in General

I've just found the best christmas deal for me:

Webtropia.de (MyLoc)

24 % recurring discount (webtropia-Advent17-24)

Just got me:

• Ryzen 1700x
  • 64 GB Ram
  • 3x 960 GB SSD
  • 1000 Mbit (Gbit Flat) dedicated (no throtteling)

80 Bucks (incl. VAT)

Comments

• Well, it's MyLoc. The price is quite nice though.

Thanked by 1pike
  • fLoofLoo Member
    edited December 2017

@mksh said:
    Well, it's MyLoc. The price is quite nice though.

True but they advanced during the last year. No more power outages, peered with german telecom (hetzner is not if you do not order seperate extra peering) and unlimited traffic.
    I'll use it as torrent / plex / sql host ;)

Thanked by 1mksh
  • @fLoo said:
    True but they advanced during the last year. No more power outages, peered with german telecom (hetzner is not if you do not order seperate extra peering) and unlimited traffic.

I prefer a host that doesn't pay protection money to DTAG.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Link? Cant seem to find it on mobile.

• @MikePT said:

http://www.webtropia.de ?

@mksh said:

@MikePT said:

http://www.webtropia.de ?

Had to spec it, got it.

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited December 2017

Well i tested their VServers too for 2 months .. Proxmox backed LXC (Root-Servers are KVM), SSD Backend, 90k IOPS. The discount works for all products.

@fLoo said:
    Well i tested their VServers too for 2 months .. Proxmox backed LXC (Root-Servers are KVM), SSD Backend, 90k IOPS. The discount works for all products.

Do you know the setup time and such? Also any way to install custom ISO?

• oh so tempting. that xeon can take 6 disks...

Thanked by 1Ympker

@Falzo said:
    oh so tempting. that xeon can take 6 disks...

Yep and has IPMI. Definitely considering it.

• @Falzo said:
    oh so tempting. that xeon can take 6 disks...

Hmmm their disks are way too overpriced

• fanfan Veteran

If they exempt VAT for non-EU customers, that'll be an even better deal.

• Great deal! Also, they didn't mention VAT to me, maybe because I'm not from EU and they check your IP?

• ryzen?

nice

• Nice I guess. Costs a little more than Hetzner AX60, but more SSD and no setup fee. Got any interest in running a GCC compilation benchmark? I'd like to know how long it takes to build GCC 7 with make -j16. On my i7-3770 it's around 30 minutes so if it scales by passmark, it might be around 20 minutes on your Ryzen.

• weeee Ryzen :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Worst order form feature I've ever seen:

Birthdate: [Box1] [Box2] [Box3]

Could have at least called it a game and been like "Extra 10% off if you guess the format correctly before giving up."

Thanked by 2wa44io4 Falzo
  • @jarland said:

Could have at least called it a game and been like "Extra 10% off if you guess the format correctly before giving up."

Press F12 and you can pass with only one guess!

• Gotta do the ID Verification for New Customer, their office hour: Mon - Fri.

• Does that 1000Mbit is unlimited? :D

• @jarland said:

dd mm yyyy

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

serverfood said: dd mm yyyy

He's Texan from what I've read

• @fLoo said:

They're not using LXC but rather OpenVZ, and they're not SSD backend, but SSD-cached backend.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • @kkiskk said:
    Gotta do the ID Verification for New Customer, their office hour: Mon - Fri.

don't expect validation to happen before wednesday then, christmas holidays (mon/tue) are serious here ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Must...resist :P

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

You will get null-routed as soon as they suspect you are getting hit with any kind of malicious traffic and shut you down for a number of hours, even though they advertise included DDoS protection. Don't use them if you are planning on using it as production environment.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:
    Must...resist :P

Probably wise. Offer is below cost, 1Gbit/s can be dedicated to the switch or not much far beyond it, definitely not to Internet or is likely sold at a heavy loss.

The usual.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @fLoo they guarantee a 500 Mbits peak bw I think.

This discussion has been closed.