Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 € - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CHRISTMAS DEAL] - Ryzen 1700x - 64 GB Ram - Dedicated 1000 Mbit (FLAT!) - 3x 960 GB SSD = 80 €

Comments

• takes ages to get verified on german providers :<

• @jezznar said:
    takes ages to get verified on german providers :<

Takes longer to cancel a contract with them.

• as already pointed out, don't expect billing/sales to work today and tomorrow.

I got verified by sending my business registration and therefore didn't need to provide an ID card or passport.

yet the server isn't provisioned and I don't expect that to happen before wednesday or thursday anyway...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Falzo said:
    as already pointed out, don't expect billing/sales to work today and tomorrow.

I got verified by sending my business registration and therefore didn't need to provide an ID card or passport.

yet the server isn't provisioned and I don't expect that to happen before wednesday or thursday anyway...

Understood. Thanks

• mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
    edited December 2017

Hey guys,

I got my one delivered (Broadwell Xeon) = 30eur/month:

/dev/sda:

Model Family: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 (AF)

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 076 076 000 Old_age Always - 21800

/dev/sdb:

Model Family: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 (AF)

9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 076 076 000 Old_age Always - 21785

Bench:

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU D-1540 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU cores:    16
    Frequency:    800.170 MHz
    RAM:          31G
    Swap:
    Kernel:       Linux 4.9.0-4-amd64 x86_64

Disks:
    sda  931.5G  HDD
    sdb  931.5G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        3.446 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        5.543 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        1.686 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 93.3 us / 1.94 ms / 36.3 ms / 2.90 ms
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 6.70 k requests in 5.00 s, 1.64 GiB, 1.34 k iops, 335.0 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    316.62 MiB/s
        2nd run:    320.43 MiB/s
        3rd run:    325.20 MiB/s
        average:    320.75 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    89.163.146.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         84.92 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        49.79 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   3.05 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      46.38 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         10.43 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected
    -------------------------------------------------

P.S.: Plesk Onyx is free of charge for all leased servers.

edited.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I am still awaiting the provisioning of my Ryzen :D

• I am still awaiting the provisioning of D-1540.

• @zhujiwiki said:
    I am still awaiting the provisioning of D-1540.

My one is delivered today.

• mtsbatalha said: RAM: 31G

shouldn't this be 64GB ?

• @Falzo said:

mtsbatalha said: RAM: 31G

shouldn't this be 64GB ?

Yes, I opened a ticket about this issue.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I ordered a couple of the ryzen servers, still talking them about VAT tho... Seems like the prices are inc vat on their website but for customers outside the EU and EU+valid VAT they just seem to change the price to ex vat.

• @vfuse said:
    I ordered a couple of the ryzen servers, still talking them about VAT tho... Seems like the prices are inc vat on their website but for customers outside the EU and EU+valid VAT they just seem to change the price to ex vat.

the banner above the footer of their website states:

In compliance with the directive 2006/112/EC in the modified version, starting 1.1.2015 prices can vary depending on the country of residence of the customer (the prices in the offers are prices for the Federal Republic of Germany and include VAT). If your place of residence is not in Germany, the prices are net.

that's an interesting approach to the whole VAT thing though.

there is a german national law forcing them to only have prices on their webpage including (german) VAT, at least if those offers are not exclusivly for B2B customers.
    yet I can't think of any other provider who simply declares prices as being incl. VAT for german customers and excl. VAT for all others... not sure if that really complies to the EU directives for VAT handling.

• @Falzo said:
    there is a german national law forcing them to only have prices on their webpage including (german) VAT, at least if those offers are not exclusivly for B2B customers.
    yet I can't think of any other provider who simply declares prices as being incl. VAT for german customers and excl. VAT for all others... not sure if that really complies to the EU directives for VAT handling.

OVH has tried to do the same for saying "If you don't have VAT, you still get charged", but if you bitch enough, they'll agree to remove it with proper documentation.

For most of us, it just isn't worth the bother for the cost of a coffee every few days.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@zhujiwiki said:
    I am still awaiting the provisioning of D-1540.

My one is delivered today.

You are lucky.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • My Ryzen wasnt delivered yet either. Maybe today (talked with the support via phone).

• coupon not working anymore?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

OVH has tried to do the same for saying "If you don't have VAT, you still get charged", but if you bitch enough, they'll agree to remove it with proper documentation.

For most of us, it just isn't worth the bother for the cost of a coffee every few days.

yeah, but this one even goes further... it seems like they not only charge the price listed from international without deducting VAT, but for european (non-german) customers even add the according national VAT on top.
    so if from France for something offered at 50€ on the page you would pay 50€ + 20% while from Germany you pay that 50€ incl 19% ...

maybe it's freedom of business to choose and offer a product at different prices to different audiences. but making it that clearly dependant on taxes and customers locations seems to kind of contradict esp. MOSS regulations.

yet they are a not so small company anyway and most likely checked things with lawyers and/or tax authorities beforehand. the latter probably won't have a problem with that anyway, as long as whatever VAT is declared on any invoices gets forwarded.

@mtsbatalha where are you located and did you get an invoice already? if so did it say anything about VAT?

The prices for our foreign costumers are 19% higher than germans. This is not regarding VAT, you actually do not pay VAT.

This is the answer I got from their support.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @vfuse said:
    The prices for our foreign costumers are 19% higher than germans. This is not regarding VAT, you actually do not pay VAT.

that brings their statement on the webpage to the point much more clearly.

maybe international customers in general are more risky, and that is their way to deal with it - have them pay more.
    after all it's much easier to send law suits/collection agencies to national customers to get your money, but if someone from another country simply stops paying, it's probably not worth going after them...

even if this could be taken as bad marketing, it might be intentional to keep cheap abusers away. if I remember correctly myloc networks do not have the best reputation at all...

@Falzo said:

@vfuse said:

that brings their statement on the webpage to the point much more clearly.

maybe international customers in general are more risky, and that is their way to deal with it - have them pay more.
    after all it's much easier to send law suits/collection agencies to national customers to get your money, but if someone from another country simply stops paying, it's probably not worth going after them...

even if this could be taken as bad marketing, it might be intentional to keep cheap abusers away. if I remember correctly myloc networks do not have the best reputation at all...

Still wondering what non-Germans in EU with no VAT ID get charged... According to their footer, all prices are net.

For example, Hungary has a 27% VAT, if their prices are also net they're losing money.

• vfuse said: Still wondering what non-Germans in EU with no VAT ID get charged...

as I understand they have to pay the price listed plus their local VAT on top. so for your hungarian example that would be whatever you already pay +27%

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Falzo said: yet they are a not so small company anyway and most likely checked things with lawyers and/or tax authorities beforehand.

Don't bet on that, aruba is not small company either and insisted to charge me french VAT even though i registered as a business in romania with valid VAT ID.
    OK, the germans do take these things more seriously, but I would still not wager anything on it. It looks so discriminatory even within EU that it almost certainly is not legal.

• Maounique said: It looks so discriminatory even within EU that it almost certainly is not legal.

I am wondering about that too. of course first thing is that corporate freedom should grant you the rights to charge different prices to different customers, but if it's kind of hidden/misleading, it might be against competition law at least.
    it probably is just a legal limbo and as long as no competitor tries to get that to a court they'll get away with it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Falzo said: it probably is just a legal limbo and as long as nobody tries to get that to a court they'll get away with it.

Customers can contest it too. IIRC EU laws do not allow discrimination based on nationality, but maybe they found some loophole.
    VAT free outside Germany is also illegal, VAT applies within all EU and members of economic area, either we did not understand correctly or they are breaking the law.

@Falzo said:

vfuse said: Still wondering what non-Germans in EU with no VAT ID get charged...

as I understand they have to pay the price listed plus their local VAT on top. so for your hungarian example that would be whatever you already pay +27%

Yes, that seems more logical but in the footer of their page, it states that "If your place of residence is not in Germany, the prices are net." net prices are inc. VAT

@Maonique Arubacloud will get rid of VAT if you submit a ticket.

• vfuse said: net prices are inc. VAT

no.

'net' is 'netto' in german and those prices are excluding VAT, if they are including it's called 'brutto' aka 'gross'

• It sounds like they are making this up as they go along. I'd just buy from Hetzner. There's a setup fee but the monthly price is lower.

• @willie said:
    It sounds like they are making this up as they go along. I'd just buy from Hetzner. There's a setup fee but the monthly price is lower.

2x 500GB SSD = 3x 960GB SSD

Thanked by 1willie
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2017

for me it's about getting first hand experiences about a provider I haven't used before and how they handle things... always curious and eager to get my hands on that box anyway.

edit: while writing this, my server (xeon) got provisioned... will be back with more info later.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Falzo said: @mtsbatalha where are you located and did you get an invoice already? if so did it say anything about VAT?

I'm in Brazil, yes, invoice paid and server delivered. Noting about VAT, I've asked to Support about this.

Thanked by 1Falzo
This discussion has been closed.