Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space

Comments

• my vps hdd started shrinking again. was 1TB yesterday. now 850GB...

• angstromangstrom Moderator

This thread is definitely not shrinking.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

mosan7763 said: my vps hdd started shrinking again. was 1TB yesterday. now 850GB...

you can check every hour if you want , i asume you are in Vel8 and in the array "local" we need to make some changes to resucitate vel7 because is for 4 days down . So maybe you will see in the next 2 days up and down , this not meen you will not benefit your 1tb space , or meantime you can use your vps withowt any risk.

• drdrakedrdrake Member

@cociu said:

mosan7763 said: my vps hdd started shrinking again. was 1TB yesterday. now 850GB...

you can check every hour if you want , i asume you are in Vel8 and in the array "local" we need to make some changes to resucitate vel7 because is for 4 days down . So maybe you will see in the next 2 days up and down , this not meen you will not benefit your 1tb space , or meantime you can use your vps withowt any risk.

Waiting for the server to come online is getting really annoying right now. Hopefully nothing has happened to the data.

• cociucociu Member

drdrake said: Waiting for the server to come online is getting really annoying right now. Hopefully nothing has happened to the data.

is still fcsk ... right now. i dont see any data lose because all hdd is new , the controlers is new ... so ... i hope not be my bad luck , i have suffred enough with all this issue

• didtavdidtav Member
    edited May 2017

1.informing affected users,

2.giving compensation,

3.apologize.

4.Communicate with customer s through the ticket

Have you done all of them mister @cociu ?

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

didtav said: Have you done all of them mister @cociu ?

yes i have do all my best , any way i have learned something too. My mistake was to not send a newslleter to all this users . So nex time (i hope never) we will proceed in another way. The issue was mine because i never think fsck test will durring this amount of time ... lol this is a really shit test.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

@angstrom said:
    This thread is definitely not shrinking.

Nor is @cociu support ticket list

• maxwellmaxwell Member

@cociu Ticket #602531 waiting for for like 3 weeks now for my refund ......

• cociucociu Member

maxwell said: @cociu Ticket #602531 waiting for for like 3 weeks now for my refund ......

yes 3 month man , the older is 18 hours for now. Please write something , maybe was closed when we have upgrade whmcs . Lol 3 weeks

This thread is becoming a fsck-ing thread.

• cociucociu Member

angstrom said: fsck-ing thread.

lol

• cociucociu Member

maxwell said: @cociu Ticket #602531

apologise , seems you have reason , hmmm we will refound the tranzaction in maximum 2 hours because from where i am dont have acces.

@cociu said:

angstrom said: fsck-ing thread.

lol

I've finally made you laugh. :-)

• cociucociu Member

angstrom said: I've finally made you laugh. :-)

true , i am verry stressed about this situation , i really apologise for this f/king vel7 node , this is unbelive to wait 3 days for a fsck scan .... we look every hours to see if finished. So really apologise to all this affected but i promissed i am not calm at all of all what happened. Also lo promise is promise will be a +1 month for free

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

I feel for @cociu this is the reason I have never been remotely interested in doing big storage offers.

Working with huge none ssd data volumes is a nightmare if anything goes wrong or even if you just want to balance things out, I have spent too many nights waiting for TB's of data to copy, be checked etc you just have to wait you have no choice.

Then if there is a problem you only find out when it is finished and have to start all over again, it is horrible.

@cociu said:

angstrom said: I've finally made you laugh. :-)

true , i am verry stressed about this situation , i really apologise for this f/king vel7 node , this is unbelive to wait 3 days for a fsck scan .... we look every hours to see if finished. So really apologise to all this affected but i promissed i am not calm at all of all what happened. Also lo promise is promise will be a +1 month for free

I've never had to fsck so many disks of those sizes. I wish you endurance. :-)

• cociucociu Member

AnthonySmith said: I feel for @cociu this is the reason I have never been remotely interested in doing big storage offers.

Working with huge none ssd data volumes is a nightmare if anything goes wrong or even if you just want to balance things out, I have spent too many nights waiting for TB's of data to copy, be checked etc you just have to wait you have no choice.

Then if there is a problem you only find out when it is finished and have to start all over again, it is horrible.

take a look here http://imgur.com/a/mi8QB

is take vm to vm .... and is only the step 1 , what i google is the worst one in time .,... i hope the next hops will be more fast. Also i strong sugest to all who sale storage to put the system in a small disk to avoid this. At least i take my lesson.

yeah.. and using windows 8 or vista... now I really feel for you :)

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • cociucociu Member

AnthonySmith said: yeah.. and using windows 8 or vista... now I really feel for you :)

lol is wrost is win 7 installed in a work station ... we use it for remote ...

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • Hope you manage to fix that asap.

AnthonySmith said: I feel for @cociu this is the reason I have never been remotely interested in doing big storage offers.

All joking aside, I feel for him as well.

• cociucociu Member

DigitalJosee said: Hope you manage to fix that asap.

yes , unfortunatly nothing to do until is finished

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

angstrom said: All joking aside, I feel for him as well.

never mind , i suffer now me and my guys , but ... all this finnaly will be a good lesson , also when i faill i have force to keep continuing so yes i am verry serios to continue to offer this cupon code in the near future ... let work this out , we will spend some month to test this kind of packages and finnaly in our aniversary i will put the code one time more.

• flexflex Member

give this man some cookies and coffee for his endurace to explain the reasons over and over again

@cociu said:

angstrom said: All joking aside, I feel for him as well.

never mind , i suffer now me and my guys , but ... all this finnaly will be a good lesson , also when i faill i have force to keep continuing so yes i am verry serios to continue to offer this cupon code in the near future ... let work this out , we will spend some month to test this kind of packages and finnaly in our aniversary i will put the code one time more.

You have a good heart, but don't think of more coupons for now! You should first get everything under control and then wait a while before you announce more coupons! Just my unsolicited advice ... :-)

• cociucociu Member

angstrom said: Just my unsolicited advice ... :-)

yes is what i will do .. work with this issue , after this spend some time to test with a boot partition smaller one and make all scenarios to prevent what happened. also now we have work out with the module guy (finnaly hi got time to help us and put the module in a good condition) so finnaly will be all ok.

edited May 2017

I don't know how much storage you have per node but it 'might' be worth considering for future servers reducing the number of disks in the main array and adding a bunch of 10TB disks (slower none redundant storage) to use as local near real time backup of the LVM or partition.

if you are using simfs or even ploop you can probably get a good amount of compression on a separate array too.

That way you can always switch when disasters happen and run things on the backup while the main array holding the /vz partition or volume group is checked, merge changes after and be up and running again with minimal customer disruption.

As part of looking to switch to pure SSD I plan on putting some extra 2 x 6TB SATA (or bigger) disks in raid 1 in each server running an independent local backup so if a storage disaster strikes everything is back up and running quickly (albeit slower) while the main array is dealt with.

Although if your dealing with 100TB+ per physical node.. ouch.. I would be looking to do a giant SAN instead and attach smaller servers on 10gbit cards or fibre channels

• Expect fsck to end soon

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jiajieit said:
    Expect fsck to end soon

Thanks bro, guess everyone can relax now.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
This discussion has been closed.