Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space

Comments

• racksxracksx Member

@quick said:

Our website is scheduled to be updated with no demo staff and no plimba ursu, so you might relax now.

Thanked by 1exiust
  • cociucociu Member

ok ,left 2 nodes to resolve "vel7" and "vel8" and we are done.

Thanked by 2Junkless racksx
  • @quick said:
    Plimba ursul

Thanked by 2quick racksx
  • sibapersibaper Member

@rm_ said:

drdrake said: I have opened a support ticket about 3-4 days now and no one has replied.

Still not an excuse to leave ANY ticket unanswered for 3 days. Make a pre-written statement and copy-paste it into tickets if you have to, but no reply at all is terrible support. You could also post the above explanation into your designated Announcements area -- oh wait -- https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/announcements.php -- nothing there EITHER.

+1

• cociucociu Member

sibaper said: NY ticket unanswered for 3 days

i am sure this tiket sysem not have the property subject or i am wrong ? the people open tikets with wrong subject and yes is delayed due of this.

• drdrakedrdrake Member
    edited May 2017

@cociu said:

sibaper said: NY ticket unanswered for 3 days

i am sure this tiket sysem not have the property subject or i am wrong ? the people open tikets with wrong subject and yes is delayed due of this.

First one is #114207 - "I/O latency" opened 3 days ago

Second one is #403603 - "No free space in ym VPS" opened yesterday

Both no response.

• cociucociu Member

drdrake said: First one is #114207 - "I/O latency" opened 3 days ago

Both no response.

ok , bouth have the same three of isssue . with moving huge data i/o is down but not the worst one i think.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

to update this issue : for the node "vel 8" is remain aprox 1-2 hours to be normaly and for "Vel 7 " arrownd 10-12 hours. Thanks all for understand.

Thanked by 2racksx sipe
  • drdrakedrdrake Member

@cociu said:

drdrake said: First one is #114207 - "I/O latency" opened 3 days ago

Both no response.

ok , bouth have the same three of isssue . with moving huge data i/o is down but not the worst one i think.

I didn't say disk speed. I said I/o latency. It takes minutes to install a single package.

• cociucociu Member

drdrake said: I didn't say disk speed. I said I/o latency. It takes minutes to install a single package.

never mind , will work good in the next hours

• DarioXDarioX Member

"vel 7" here, woooot!!

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@Lee said:

You said you were balancing nodes due to abusers, I would say that qualifies as blaming users.

Bullshit. users != abusers.

What you said there is akin to attacking a woman as somehow evil and man-hating just because she said "rapists make our parks unsafe".

• LeeLee Veteran

bsdguy said: Bullshit. users != abusers.

What you said there is akin to attacking a woman as somehow evil and man-hating just because she said "rapists make our parks unsafe".

You're right as always, of course.

• Gamma17Gamma17 Member
    edited May 2017

@bsdguy said:

That's true, but the question is - who are "abusers"? They are the people who break some rules estabilished by provider. And i do not think any provider will be balancing those across the nodes, they will be rate limited/warned/suspended/terminated, depending on the provider and what they did.

Those users who are mentioned here as beng distributed across the nodes (which i think is a routine thing to do as a part of overselling) are, most likely, just people who actually use their vm-s for something other than idling, causing server load. This users are not to blame for anything, they bought the service and use it within the rules, even if it includes heavy i/o and/or seedboxes. And calling them "abusers" is not a nice thing to do either.

• @racksx said:

@quick said:

Our website is scheduled to be updated with no demo staff and no plimba ursu, so you might relax now.

I noticed you ignored my response yet you have removed your copy right.

I just want you to either publically admit one of the following

"I'm a dick for improving the open source software and not sharing because I legally don't have too."

"I lied and didn't really make many modifications or any of use to others such as I changed some branding"

"I'm currently working on pushing these updates to the Github project because I realised that I can offer the world more than just myself"

Or you are welcome to create your own scenario

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

Gamma17 said: Those users who are mentioned here as beng distributed across the nodes (which i think is a routine thing to do as a part of overselling) are, most likely, just people who actually use their vm-s for something other than idling, causing server load. This users are not to blame for anything, they bought the service and use it within the rules, even if it includes heavy i/o and/or seedboxes. And calling them "abusers" is not a nice thing to do either.

and you are invidious after i have denied to give you more service ? have many providers man so please do not cray ....

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@Gamma17 said:

@bsdguy said:

That's true, but the question is - who are "abusers"? They are the people who break some rules estabilished by provider. And i do not think any provider will be balancing those across the nodes, they will be rate limited/warned/suspended/terminated, depending on the provider and what they did.

Those users who are mentioned here as beng distributed across the nodes (which i think is a routine thing to do as a part of overselling) are, most likely, just people who actually use their vm-s for something other than idling, causing server load. This users are not to blame for anything, they bought the service and use it within the rules, even if it includes heavy i/o and/or seedboxes. And calling them "abusers" is not a nice thing to do either.

A clear and loud NO.

I'm not just blindly defending @cociu. I think that @cociu did some stupid things during the holiday specials and I said so publicly. Friendly and well meaning but stupid. So I'm not at all surprised that he ran into a shitload of problems and trouble.

However: What you imply would mean that cociu is playing games or even somehow betraying customers. And that is wrong, period. That's not how cociu ticks. I have never experienced cociu lying or playing games.

I know that guy now since quite a while and I've seen him more than once "driving too fast" or to put too much on his plate. cociu saying "on wednesday" may well mean "friday" but it NEVER meant that he had bad intentions or was ready to fuck someone. That is a major difference!

When cociu says that abusers cause major problems than that is so, no funny games played, no lame excuses, just simply the facts. And yes, abusers can bring a company with not so many people into really deep shit and create major delays.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2017

bsdguy said: When cociu says that abusers cause major problems than that is so, no funny games played, no lame excuses, just simply the facts.

Ok, your opinion, nothing more.

bsdguy said: I'm not just blindly defending @cociu.

You just did.

This is going to turn into another of the threads with @ishaq where everyone is wrong and only you can be right, so I will leave it there.

P.S - their ToS page is blank, impossible to know then what abuse is. Abuse could easily be unintentional but a user has no chance if they there are no ToS.

Thanked by 2Yura vimalware
  • I am going to defend the provider.
    It is always customer faults.
    It is you who purchased my products.. Did i force you to buy?
    Blame you you you.. Not the provider.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • bsdguybsdguy Member

@Lee said:

bsdguy said: When cociu says that abusers cause major problems than that is so, no funny games played, no lame excuses, just simply the facts.

Ok, your opinion, nothing more.

No. It is a well known fact - that also is frequently mentioned here at LET - that cheap specials tend to attract abusers. It is also a well known fact that abusers can create quite some damage. And it is for that reason that abusers are usually terminated.

bsdguy said: I'm not just blindly defending @cociu.

You just did.

That's ridiculous. Blindly defending someone looks very different from what I wrote. Stating publicly that he acted stupidly and that his timing statements are to be taken as a vague guesstimate is certainly not what someone blindly defending would say.

... so I will leave it there.

Surprise me.

• drdrakedrdrake Member

@cocio have the other 2 nodes finished? My vps is not yet accessible.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Although I also feel that @cociu shot himself in the foot a couple of times with his well-meant but ultimately premature Easter special, he and his team do appear to be working day and night on trying to resolve the issues, but with the sheer numbers involved, it's not easy and slow.

• cociucociu Member

drdrake said: My vps is not yet accessible.

i asume you are in vel 8 , will take some hours more.

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited May 2017

In addition to posting here, this should've happened:

1 - Email affected customers immediately when the problem is detected. Inform them of what the situation is.

2 - Inform the affected customers when the situation is resolved.

3 - Compensate affected customers for the trouble by adjusting their billing dates or refunding for the duration the service wasn't working as it should.

Working on fixing the nodes is good, but you have a business agreement with your customers and you need to keep them in the loop. You can't start panicky fixing things behind the scenes and occasionally post on the forums here - the people whose servers have been affected may or may not read it, but they deserve to be informed nonetheless.

Thanked by 2telephone emg
  • Gamma17Gamma17 Member

@bsdguy

You totally missed the point. Every vps provider plays this "games", especially cheap ones, so nothing wrong with that, as long as everything works.

What i am trying to say is that "needing to balance io abusers between nodes" makes zero sense. They are either abusers and are dealt with, or they are not and then they should not be blamed for any issues.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @Chronic said:
    In addition to posting here, this should've happened:

1 - Email affected customers immediately when the problem is detected. Inform them of what the situation is.

2 - Inform the affected customers when the situation is resolved.

3 - Compensate affected customers for the trouble by adjusting their billing dates or refunding for the duration the service wasn't working as it should.

Working on fixing the nodes is good, but you have a business agreement with your customers and you need to keep them in the loop. You can't start panicky fixing things behind the scenes and occasionally post on the forums here - the people whose servers have been affected may or may not read it, but they deserve to be informed nonetheless.

Took the words out of my mouth. I've had a ticket open since the weekend with a single response saying "it'll be fixed within 24 hours". I've replied once a day, but have yet to receive a response or an update.

I'm on vel7, the node has been at 100% disk usage for 2-4 days and I haven't even been able to ssh into my VPS today. The only reason I know what's going on is I came to LET and scrounged around looking at @cociu's posts.

@cociu I appreciate that your team is working on the problem, but an email should have been sent to those affected. I shouldn't have to dig through posts on LET to find why my VPS is down.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • sibapersibaper Member

LET is their latest place to keep customer up to date. Good job LET

I've tell him before to email their customer but he just ignored me

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

sibaper said: LET is their latest place to keep customer up to date. Good job LET

I've tell him before to email their customer but he just ignored me

i know i have proceed wrong to not email. We promissed will be the last time when this passed. The problems is i never thinck will be so difficult to move this data (hours and hours and hours) Vel 8 is done from yesterday and remain vel 7 only. Meantime we have put the server offline to have more resources . So yes is my fault to not email and i assume this.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

Gamma17 said: They are either abusers and are dealt with, or they are not and then they should not be blamed for any issues.

personaly i dont blame any user , if you have proof of this please paste here. Now is my decision to keep or not keep this users and is not your problem because for what i know you dont have any services in this moment in hostsolutions.ro . What i have try to tell have people who use 100% of resources all day/night so to avoid node stuck i play with migration to balance this, also i am not the miserable host to advert 99 procesors and lather put in our tos you can use this processors only 10% wich is verry usual in hosting industry. So in this special cases i prefere talk with the client and search for good solutions for bouth party. So please do not try to be smart because you dont have any ideea what this meen. If you dont like cociu ignore him , if you dont like hostsolutions.ro do not buy. Is my first storage offer and i was faill in 4 node from 70 totaly so i dont think so i am so mall . Also i am not disapeear , i spend my time here with you to try to give some explication of what happened and what we do to make the downtime less and prevent in the future others problems. But any way i dont see any point to explain you all this in this moment because you are the person ho have blamed my company about a issue wich never have been opened a tiket from your part so anunciate any issue but you had time to blame directly the host in a public forum withowt open at least a tiket regarding your problem, so yes i thik you took this verry personally , maybe i am your guru?. Now all others customers who have been in vel 7 , vel 8 , vel 32 , vel 55 i understand all this comments (good or mall) because is a active customer and maybe this downtime is affecting , for this i am verry glad to compensate in some way in the near future once all this problem with vel 7 was mentionated will be resolved. So please calm down , try to ignore me if you dont like me like a host/person . Thanks for understand . Also if cociu is so bad person way have been contributed in estern day with +300 vps for free? because i love only money ? You are a child really.

Thanked by 1racksx
This discussion has been closed.