Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space

Comments

• sibapersibaper Member

I dont think this problem about abuser, people used their space as advertised.

If this really about abuser, what they abuse? -_-"

This is clearly provider fault, because they dont limited people per node, so why we still blame user?

Thanked by 3rds100 ucxo tux
  • No issues here on my end and uptime is > a week or so.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/simfs 1.0T 943G 82G 93% /

• RedpointRedpoint Member
    edited May 2017

edit. shrinked to 256G

• wwabbitwwabbit Member

@rajprakash said:
    No issues here on my end and uptime is > a week or so.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/simfs 1.0T 943G 82G 93% /

Same here, we got lucky being put on decent nodes I guess

• cociucociu Member

sibaper said: This is clearly provider fault, because they dont limited people per node, so why we still blame user?

who blame the user ? we have problems with 4 differents node , we work in this and is almost done. So where i have blame the users ?

• cociucociu Member

wwabbit said: Same here, we got lucky being put on decent nodes I guess

we have problems only in 4 nodes not in all ...

• LeeLee Veteran

You said you were balancing nodes due to abusers, I would say that qualifies as blaming users.

• @Lee said:
    You said you were balancing nodes due to abusers, I would say that qualifies as blaming users.

he probably meant those that abuse the hdd with constant high io. e.g. seedbox

• Mine is idling. Using around 300MB. Available: 0 Use: 100%

Guess I'll have to wait some more before I upload my backups there.

I hope the term "abusers" doesn't mean "those who do store something on their storage box".

• FalzoFalzo Member

@mosan7763 said:

@Lee said:

he probably meant those that abuse the hdd with constant high io. e.g. seedbox

point is, there simply can't be anything abuse/customer related if narrowed down to have people using their 1TB space as advertised.
    only miscalculation while overcommitting/thin-provisioning disk. :-P

probably @cociu counted on it taking longer to get the space filled by the users so he would be able to add more disks or balance the nodes by moving guests around.
    yet keep in mind that it will take a lot of time to move nearly 1TB of data out to new/other nodes - even if you achieve 100MB/s transfer rate this might take 3 hours and more for a single service and comes at the price of congesting network and IO rates for the neighbours even more.

hopefully for all parties involved @cociu will be able to manage this before summer is here. ^^

Thanked by 3Lee racksx vimalware
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Typical issue with overselling of openvz otherwise the hosting company is unprofitable!

• drdrakedrdrake Member

I have opened a support ticket about 3-4 days now and no one has replied.

• NihimNihim Member
    edited May 2017

me three but let's wait since @cociu says they are working on it. Lots of users == lots of data so takes time. As long as we get updates here it's better than individual tickets (at least for the LET crowd).

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

A final c

Nihim said: me three but let's wait since @cociu says they are working on it. Lots of users == lots of data so takes time. As long as we get updates here it's better than individual tickets (at least for the LET crowd).

what i tell before , we have 4 arrays with problems , and we need to move arrownd 300 tb space . This cannot be moved instantly. Also in the same node was some io abusers and was need to balance this users beteen nodes. So nothing of oversale here , i am not idiot to oversale space wich is totaly idiotic. When we have provide all orders was all in hunrry and we missing some details. We work right now in correct this . Also if someone is think is prejudice i am glad to change the next due date with +1 month for free to compensate our error. But please understand , this issue was detected 3 days ago and we have start to work in this instantly. Unfortunatly is many data there so is take time and instead of power off the server and have downtime we prefrere work in this way and keep the vms afected online.

Meantime you can use your vps withowt any risk of data loss. Thanks for understand.

Thanked by 2ewrek sipe
  • YuraYura Member
    edited May 2017

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

cociu said: i am not idiot to oversale space wich is totaly idiotic

Nothing is wrong with a healthy overselling, it helps to keep the prices lower.

Thanked by 3bersy AuroraZ Pwner
  • sibapersibaper Member

@cociu said:

who blame the user ? we have problems with 4 differents node , we work in this and is almost done. So where i have blame the users ?

Just like @Lee said.

While you working on improving some node why not send notification to affected user?

You keep saying "we have problem ......" just give us estimated time when the problem gone,and take your time to fix these problem.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • NihimNihim Member

thanks for the answer @cociu but I never complained :p As long it gets fixed in a reasonable time frame everything is good in my book considering the price and amount of orders.

• cociucociu Member

sibaper said: While you working on improving some node why not send notification to affected user?

its verry easy :

we have problem with 4 servers. So this servers (the data ) we move this data to anothers existing servers wich is causing no much space left. After fix the issue node we will migrate the extra data from "temporary node" to the final nodes. so this is caussing some problems right now. YES i know some of us will came with the question : way not install new node and move there directly .... But unfortunatly this was the first try and was faill

Thanked by 2Falzo sipe
  • FalzoFalzo Member

cociu said: we have problem with 4 servers. So this servers (the data ) we move this data to anothers existing servers wich is causing no much space left. After fix the issue node we will migrate the extra data from "temporary node" to the final nodes. so this is caussing some problems right now. YES i know some of us will came with the question : way not install new node and move there directly .... But unfortunatly this was the first try and was faill

finally a straight forward and credible statement, thumbs up and best of luck for getting through with it quickly! ,-)

Thanked by 3Ympker Junkless sipe
  • racksxracksx Member
    edited May 2017

@cociu, no comment

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

racksx said: @cociu, is totally unprofessional to take the money first in a hurry and then have your users to worry about you fixing things, won't be better to have the arrays/bandwidth all of this small issues fixed before start selling massive?

true or not depend in wich way you look. Only in storage we have 70 servers node. 4 of this is faills ... so if this for you is unprofessional yes i can asume this. Also , was our first offer in storage and all have a start with some small/big isssue when is started, for me at least is easy now to continue offer this kind of packages because now after all this huge quantity of orders i know what is need and i know what we have faill in the past so we will take this like a lesson and lear from our mistake. Also the problem whit this punctual offer was : 1) deliver more than 1000 vps in the same day and all this people the first what have do is put his data in the same time wich was caused load in our structure , due for this the upgrade of network. So was a multiple problems not only one . I know maybe have people there who have sale storage for years i am totaly agree this persons in this moment is not faill , but at least this happened and will not happened any more.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2017

drdrake said: I have opened a support ticket about 3-4 days now and no one has replied.

Still not an excuse to leave ANY ticket unanswered for 3 days. Make a pre-written statement and copy-paste it into tickets if you have to, but no reply at all is terrible support. You could also post the above explanation into your designated Announcements area -- oh wait -- https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/announcements.php -- nothing there EITHER.

Thanked by 3vedran tux bersy
  • @racksx said:
    @cociu, is totally unprofessional to take the money first in a hurry and then have your users to worry about you fixing things, won't be better to have the arrays/bandwidth all of this small issues fixed before start selling massive?

It is totally unprofessional to use a platform that was developed open source and remove all the branding and call it completely your own. Doesnt http://brightvps.net look and awful lot like https://github.com/LunaNode/lobster ? But it says Copyright RackHost.co 2016 (Beta v1.0)? Odd that isn't it.

In no way do you dare have the right to criticise another provider when you have such stupid and idiotic move. The panel itself has not been updated in 9 months yet you use it in production? Another host and the only other host I have found is https://myvipwire.com/pricing. They do not copyright a panel they have not even created.

• datakodatako Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@racksx said:
    @cociu, is totally unprofessional to take the money first in a hurry and then have your users to worry about you fixing things, won't be better to have the arrays/bandwidth all of this small issues fixed before start selling massive?

It is totally unprofessional to use a platform that was developed open source and remove all the branding and call it completely your own. Doesnt http://brightvps.net look and awful lot like https://github.com/LunaNode/lobster ? But it says Copyright RackHost.co 2016 (Beta v1.0)? Odd that isn't it.

In no way do you dare have the right to criticise another provider when you have such stupid and idiotic move. The panel itself has not been updated in 9 months yet you use it in production? Another host and the only other host I have found is https://myvipwire.com/pricing. They do not copyright a panel they have not even created.

Good call. I also think it's terribly unprofessional to be bashing another provider.

@cociu even offered to extend a month for the inconvenience.

If you can't compete, just go away @racksx

• racksxracksx Member
    edited May 2017

Thank you for notice that, we did make more improvements on the panel itself things which you cannot see and I will not share them with you, so we called v1.0 due as our modifications made to it, I called @cociu unprofessional because if I pay a service I would expect to have it done properly from the beginning, I'm not calling myself a perfect but I believe @cociu can do more and proper this is why he has to know where he did wrong, which he is aware of it now.
    I'm not here to offend anyone, and I do apologise if I did that, but like I wrote before @cociu can do better :)

• racksxracksx Member

@datako said:

Thank you, I'm away now :)

• edited May 2017

@racksx said:

Thank you for notice that, we did make more improvements on the panel itself things which you cannot see and I will not share them with you, so we called v1.0 due as our modifications made to it, I called @cociu unprofessional because if I pay a service I would expect to have it done properly from the beginning, I'm not calling myself a perfect but I believe @cociu can do more and proper this is why he has to know where he did wrong, which he is aware of it now.
    I'm not here to offend anyone, but like I wrote before @cociu can do better :)

So you have improved/modified the software to improve it. Whilst I understand that I think you are a very narrow minded person who is only interested in their own interests. That panel was developed by another provider here @perennate to be exact. I'm sure if you are using and improving his software whilst you are not required to it would be greatly appreciated and personally expected that you contribute those modifications using a pull request on github.

From the Apache2 License,

If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or, within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License.

From what I and a couple others have determined from that, you should credit the original author, but none of us a lawyers. I don't want to look at this from a legal perspective and that was never my intent, it was from a moral view. This goes not just to you but anyone who uses opensource software, improves or fixes bugs and refuses to update the original project or at least send them to the original creator, whilst you are not legally compelled to do such a thing, in my mind morally you are.

• quickquick Member
    edited May 2017

@racksx said:

at first fix your own website and at least edit the demo stuff... phone no: 0800123456, sla and aup leads to 404 ... much professional, such experience plimba ursul
    https://www.rackhost.co/

• drdrakedrdrake Member

@datako said:
    @cociu even offered to extend a month for the inconvenience.

Where?

This discussion has been closed.