Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions Shrinking Disk Space

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

drdrake said: @cocio have the other 2 nodes finished? My vps is not yet accessible.

if you are in hunrry and you dont care about your data lost let me know and i will create your vps in another node . If you have data there you must to wait because we cannot stop the process in this moment. Thanks for understand.

• LeeLee Veteran

cociu said: Also if cociu is so bad person way have been contributed in estern day with +300 vps for free?

IP's, thanks for understand.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

cociu said: maybe i am your guru?

• LeviLevi Member

Massive incompetence from provider side. But for given price - it is tolerrable(?).

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

LTniger said: Massive incompetence from provider side

it easy to tell this from your side not ? Way incompetence ? just currios ... I have faill, at least in distribute some vm in 4 nodes, this is not incompetence in my opinion , all have errors , i will repair this error and lather ??? you will came at least to tell how profesionally was work this out this team ? i am sure not , is more easy to blame one instead of see the hard work .... but never mind . At least i have learn something from this finnaly ...

• LeviLevi Member

I don't have services from you, but I read topics about your services and so far info about you:

1. No clue about how to handle software. Do you still have problems with module? For how long? Romania coders are very good, I know that, so wtf? Hire someone.

2. No clue about data storage. How the hell you didn't know about time involved moving terabytes of data? Clearly - no experience with bigger data managing. Wtf will you do when drives begin to fail due to uncontrolable I/O, IOPS...

3. Customers are disrespected by rude attitude. Yea, if you pay peanuts, provider can say "GTFO" to you. Who cares?

Get your-self in hand. Get your problems sorted and do it quickly. Because now your services are lower in terms of quality than typical summer host. This is beyond LET standards... or maybe no, given the service price.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@LTniger said:
    1. No clue about how to handle software. Do you still have problems with module? For how long? Romania coders are very good, I know that, so wtf? Hire someone.

At another vps forum there is a current discussion about developing a hosting billing software. From what I see there the vast majority of providers don't know much about software (except maybe some php crap quick hack). If all providers with no or modest software know-how were to close shop today LET would be a rather empty place ...

1. No clue about data storage. How the hell you didn't know about time involved moving terabytes of data? Clearly - no experience with bigger data managing. Wtf will you do when drives begin to fail due to uncontrolable I/O, IOPS...

I agree that it wasn't the smartest thing to do, to start a new product group with an offer that (not surprisingly) attracted a massive number of clients.
    But I also see that you are too tough on cociu. There's quite a difference between the (now we know wrong) assumption (and preparedness) to move one or the other disk around vs. moving TB upon TB around.

See it this way: Had cociu acted responsible (as you would probably define it) there would be no storage special and hence many, many clients who were looking for cheap storage - most of which do not complain here - would be empty handed.

Yes, cociu didn't do it the smart way. But let's not blow this thing totally out of proportion!

1. Customers are disrespected by rude attitude. Yea, if you pay peanuts, provider can say "GTFO" to you. Who cares?

Get your-self in hand. Get your problems sorted and do it quickly. Because now your services are lower in terms of quality than typical summer host. This is beyond LET standards... or maybe no, given the service price.

I'm a multi-year client of hostsolutions and usually problems did get sorted out quickly (and I'm quite a happy customer 99% of the time).

(Not only) you should also keep some reasonable expectations! If you want to be addressed as sir and want to eat from fine plates served in style by a beautifully dressed waiter the go to a high-priced fine restaurant. If, on the other hand, you want to get a cheap meal that still tastes OK for 5$ then don't complain that their manners aren't like in the Ritz Carlton.

cociu happens to speak lousy english, yes. But if he hired an additional support employee who speaks english well, is always polite, no matter how unnerving the client, and knows a lot about the technicalities of hosting, then that person wanted to be payed and hence no 300 free VPS and no 10$/year VPS, etc.

Finally we are at the low end here (hint: look at the meaning of LET). What did you expect? Every provider here cuts some corners. It's like in one of those computer games where you can distribute 100 points over a set of 7 desirable capabilities for your player figure, each of which has its max. at 100. No matter how you turn it, you won't have a perfect player but either one with 1 capability at 100 or ones with some average profile.
    hostsolutions has their special mix and it's obvious and they don't hide it. You don't like that? Buy elsewhere. Simple as that.
    There are many providers here, each with his own mix and profile. Just chose ones you like.

• williewillie Member
    edited May 2017

Gamma17 said:
    people who actually use their vm-s for something other than idling, causing server load.

It's a storage node, vm's on storage node are expected to usually be idle.

This users are not to blame for anything, they bought the service and use it within the rules, even if it includes heavy i/o and/or seedboxes. And calling them "abusers" is not a nice thing to do either.

I don't think so. Cociu sells a very nice plan with 400GB of disk and a lot more CPU, at about the same price as the 1TB storage plan. That's the one seeders should use. As a normal storage user who just wants a place to park data quietly and access it once in a while, I don't want to subsidize the higher cost CPU and I/O resources that seeders need. I'd rather that storage plans be kept low-resource and cheap, with higher cost users required to buy higher cost plans.

So yes, maybe it should have been made more clear from the beginning, but I'd consider seeding from these plans to be abusive.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • FalzoFalzo Member

willie said: So yes, maybe it should have been made more clear from the beginning, but I'd consider seeding from these plans to be abusive.

you may do so, but at least @cociu is not ;-)

cociu said:

sanvit said: Just to be clear, torrents also allowed in storage vps right?

YES

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @willie said:

I don't think so. Cociu sells a very nice plan with 400GB of disk and a lot more CPU, at about the same price as the 1TB storage plan. That's the one seeders should use. As a normal storage user who just wants a place to park data quietly and access it once in a while, I don't want to subsidize the higher cost CPU and I/O resources that seeders need. I'd rather that storage plans be kept low-resource and cheap, with higher cost users required to buy higher cost plans.

So yes, maybe it should have been made more clear from the beginning, but I'd consider seeding from these plans to be abusive.

That's a bit revisionist as that plan 400GB, 4 core wasn't even offered when the original Easter Special was released. I might agree with your sentiment, but it is/was not reality.

Have to admit I didn't buy one, but there has been a lot of humor regarding the trail of events.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bsdguy said: At another vps forum there is a current discussion about developing a hosting billing software. From what I see there the vast majority of providers don't know much about software (except maybe some php crap quick hack). If all providers with no or modest software know-how were to close shop today LET would be a rather empty place ...

That doesn't surprise me. Being a sysadmin is a very different skill than being a developer. Likewise, many sysadmins don't have coding skills beyond sh/bash. They don't really need them for their jobs...though I'd argue that a senior SA should have either perl, python, or PowerShell on his/her toolbelt because beyond a certain point, you need to use something like that to solve problems.

But sysadmins need to know networking, storage/raid/etc., Linux sysadmin, a deeper dive on security, etc. and none of that really requires coding experience. There are a lot of sysadmins who know php or write web apps or know python, etc. but that's just because they're geeks, not that they need it for their day jobs.

Of course, most developers could not be good sysadmins...some can, certainly, but I doubt it you sat Linus Torvalds down in a DC and asked him to wire up a new Ceph cluster he could do it. (I'm sure he could eventually do it but he'd have to learn the skills, just like many/most sysadmins would need to crack open a php book.)

bsdguy said: Finally we are at the low end here (hint: look at the meaning of LET). What did you expect?

Maybe people have been spoiled by the DO, Linode, and Vultrs of the world coming down to the sub-$7 price range.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • Gamma17Gamma17 Member

@willie said:
    It's a storage node, vm's on storage node are expected to usually be idle.

To a certain degree, yes. But if it is used for backups, depending on tools used, it can be cpu/io intensive too buring backup creation.

@willie said:

And i totally agree that seedboxes are a bad idea on storage nodes, but can you really blame people for buying specifically seedbox-allowed offer with a lot of storage and bandwidth and using it as a seedbox?

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

so is difficult for me to explain all but i will try to be more short and better in explicate :

the node is 32 core wich we use for storage

ram have at least 192 (depend of wich modules we use 16gb or 32 gb)

hdd is sata 3 8tb/hdd in half of nodes and in half is 10tb (4x10 tb in array1 wich is the same server, and 14x10tb in a storage enclosure wich is connected truth fiber , have 2 enclousure of this /server )

in a storage server like this we have hosted beetween 40 -160 users.

So my question to the idiots who dont know how this is eating ... what is the problem if we have in every node 1-2 let call this "abusers" who eating all resources what hi have buy ?

All this if is talked i will apreciate if some of this "smarts" guys is let us to work instead of chating here. I know this thread was opened due of our fault for this i am present here and try to make explications. But someone how never have try our service how can be so child to acuse withowt know what we do here ? Just my 2 cents.

Also , i always send thanks to all what have been contributed to hostsolutions.ro , eaven if hi payed less than 1 eur we have been glad and apreciate the chanse what we have recive. But i cannot mantain to all content ... is too many users with too many needs. So we try to be in the middle.

What is molesting me personally ? yes have something .... always i am acused to be a fuking idiot person withowt heart , stolen money from customes (yes have been some threads in the past , grateful to mods from here is verry acurate and with proof we have been clear) , also always but always when we have sale a good offer is someone who blame hostsolution , is this really invidios ? way ? have place for all.

Also my vocabulary ? yes is possible to be strong , unpresentable , etc etc, is like i am , nobody can change this , i cannot be your host , kissing your ass , i am Marius , i work for my income , i respect the users who understand we are not a business with 99999 millions budget /year.

also still love my @nekki , like always i tell i respect this guy , is a verry directly one and this is respect from my part.

Unfortunatly in the same corner is @wss wich is banned ... What will be LET withowt such guy ? i see some people here is waiting us to make a bad joke to blame more ... the life is not only to be seriosly .... if you like only the treads offers and withowt any joke/faill etc etc try to push the button of "offers category" and look for your kiss ass host and buy from there (this not was go to any host was just a exemple) and consume your life seriosly, i promised i will never complain ....

etc etc, i

All this comment dont meen i am not culpable for all this 4 node wich was faill , but in this moment only vel 7 is still have problem wich have ONLY 35 USERS .... so what is the crime ?

Good night all

Thanked by 1sipe
  • LeeLee Veteran

cociu said: So my question to the idiots

And some of you folks give him your money, It's like the GVH cult all over again.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

And some of you folks give him your money, It's like the GVH cult all over again.

In all fairness, it's like the best seed box I've ever had.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

Lee said: And some of you folks give him your money, It's like the GVH cult all over again.

no worry , no one of this was give me any cent ... this is the problem , is acusing for been incompetente persons who never try our service eaven for free.

• cociucociu Member

@nekki i owe you a big storage i have not forgottt but we are verry full this period ... so i apologise.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

I was hoping that this would become a shrinking thread.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@Lee said:

You are obviously set against cociu no matter what.

So, thousands of customers, some 98% or 99% of which are happy (including myself) are idiots while Lee is one who is seeing the truth (TM)?

I tell you what's really stupid: That a few ones making lots of noise are somehow taken to be representative. The vast majority are quite happy clients - it's just that they are not heard because they make no noise.

I'm here because I don't need 99,99% uptime, perfect and quick support, etc. So it's not worth for me to pay 20$/mo. It was my decision - just like thousands of others - to save 90% of the cost and live with 99% uptime and 90% service and less than perfect english.

Plus: Try getting a weird VPS with green and blue stripes and red dots (e.g. 1 vCore, 16 GB RAM, 5GB SSD, 2Gb/s w/100GB traffic) from the major players. No way. Ask cociu and he'll grinningly say "sure. sounds weird, really weird, but if that's what you want" and give you the weird custom VPS.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@cociu said:
    @nekki i owe you a big storage i have not forgottt but we are verry full this period ... so i apologise.

No rush geez, we can sort it when you've got things straight.

@angstrom said:
    I was hoping that this would become a shrinking thread.

Oh hai!

Thanked by 1angstrom

@Nekki:

Are you sure?

Q. What did Will Smith say to the Crow?

A. I'd like to perform neurosurgery on a foetus.

You've just made that up!

I've really left the Cest Pit for a while. That place is too strange!

(With apologies to @cociu for borrowing a segment of the shrinking thread.)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:
    @Nekki:

Are you sure?

Q. What did Will Smith say to the Crow?

A. I'd like to perform neurosurgery on a foetus.

You've just made that up!

I made them all up. Why would anyone post jokes about Will Smith, crows, neurosurgery and foetuses?

@Nekki said: I made them all up. Why would anyone post jokes about Will Smith, crows, neurosurgery and foetuses?

A clever boy, you are.

But I think that I won the arm wrestling. :-)

• @bsdguy said:

@Lee said:

You are obviously set against cociu no matter what.

So, thousands of customers, some 98% or 99% of which are happy (including myself) are idiots while Lee is one who is seeing the truth (TM)?

I usually like to read what you have to say but sometimes you (intentionally?) misunderstand what people say when you feel like you're obligated to defend someone you like.

@Lee said that @cociu called some of his own clients idiots. @Lee didn't call LET'ers who buy from @cociu are idiots. There is a big difference as you see.

Relax a bit. @cociu is just fine defending himself without you :)

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@serverian said:
    I usually like to read what you have to say but sometimes you (intentionally?) misunderstand what people say when you feel like you're obligated to defend someone you like.

@Lee said that @cociu called some of his own clients idiots. @Lee didn't call LET'ers who buy from @cociu are idiots. There is a big difference as you see.

Relax a bit. @cociu is just fine defending himself without you :)

a) I did not think that @Lee called LET'ers buying from @cociu idiots. But he clearly doesn't consider them smart neither ...

b) I'm not defending @cociu. I myself am pissed, that's my reason for writing in this thread. I hate it when people are utterly unfair or even engaging in witchhunts.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@angstrom said:

@Nekki said: I made them all up. Why would anyone post jokes about Will Smith, crows, neurosurgery and foetuses?

A clever boy, you are.

None of the jokes are made up. They're from an old Facebook group that was around in the early 2000's called 'Jokes about Will Smith, Crows, Neurosurgery and Feotuses'.

@Nekki said:

@angstrom said:

A clever boy, you are.

None of the jokes are made up. They're from an old Facebook group that was around in the early 2000's called 'Jokes about Will Smith, Crows, Neurosurgery and Feotuses'.

Oh, wow, there are some things that I don't regret having missed in life! The three Will Smith jokes that you recited were all bad. (In retrospect, I gave too much credit for the second joke.)

Do you know any good jokes?

• sipesipe Member
    edited May 2017

I also had problems with shrinking space.

But also, I have in mind that I paid 10 euros for 3 months.

Opened ticket 17/05/2017
    Answered 18/05/2017 (fixed in ~10 hours, answered next day)

root@# df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs      1.0T  312G  713G  31% /
    devtmpfs        512M     0  512M   0% /dev
    tmpfs           512M     0  512M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           512M  7.7M  505M   2% /run
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs           512M     0  512M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    none            512M     0  512M   0% /run/shm
    tmpfs           103M     0  103M   0% /run/user/1000

Is answering time 24hours good enough for 10 euros/3months?

For me, yes. But I'm a patient and tolerant person.

So far had 2 problems with cociu, everything fixed under 24hours.

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

sipe said: Is answering time 24hours good enough for 10 euros/3months?

For me, yes. But I'm a patient and tolerant person.

So far had 2 problems with cociu, everything fixed under 24hours.

thanks for mention this because seems to have only negative points in the last days. We are not perfect but we are there always to help our customers.

About what the one is pay is not relative . If a host is anunciate some resource you need to have this resource eaven is 1 cent price ....

Thanked by 2sipe [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.