Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.sh not well? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.sh not well?

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@theqkash It's really not quite as simple as you're making it out to be. The vast majority of clients are accessing the locations that they need. Granted, not all locations are running as they should - and I could just completely pull all of the ones with issues - however I'm trying to keep the service running with as many of the current locations as possible, as some clients require specific locations.

You obviously are not happy at all, and I can understand the frustration of yourself and others, however there are still plenty of locations that are accessible and it's only a small portion of clients who are not able to connect to the locations that they are absolutely in need of.

If you'd like to discuss things in more detail, you're more than welcome to drop me a PM.

But to make things clear, there are plenty of happy clients, and it'd be absolutely ridiculous to close shop. I understand it may not seem like that from your perspective, but please realise that if the service had absolutely no future, then I'd have closed everything down a long time ago.

To put things in a better light, maybe you'll want to try out the dedicated IP service when it launches on a different brand, as you'll be able to see how reliable things will be once VPN.SH is fully back in order.

Thanked by 2lukesUbuntu Miky
  • had no issues and i know 3 others @ my university enjoy vpn.sh service in my region happy customers here thanks

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • They have announced great changes on friday. After a lot of small changes maybe this one will change something.

Badly, at this time, I was able to connect to 4 location from all available.

• @theqkash said:
    Badly, at this time, I was able to connect to 4 location from all available.

Which locations are working? I'm tired of trying to update and connect to every server.

• I think he just set upped that service for collecting some email IDs.

Now he just send emails to advertise the another brand to collect more IDs lol

• user123 said: Which locations are working? I'm tired of trying to update and connect to every server.

Haha, that's preety random which one. There is no rule for that.
    Few days ago Sweden was working, now it is not etc.
    That's really unreliable and bad service, badly there is people who can say good things about that if some servers have uptime around 20% or less.

btw. there is some bullshit which @liamwithers have tried to tell us about reliability: http://status.vpn.sh/

Don't trust that.

BUT SURELY AFTER FRIDAY EVERYTHING WILL WORK GREAT!

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited October 2014

user123 said: Which locations are working? I'm tired of trying to update and connect to every server.

Oh wow!
    At the moment SanFrancisco, Chicago, UK1, Germany1, Iceland and Singapore servers are working, Dallas and UK2 is telling me that I have given bad passwords which is false, and the rest of servers over the world is giving me 807 error or they are just dead.

So there are 6 of 32 working servers! Great result!
    Tomorrow there will be randomization again, and other random servers will go up, and that 6 will go down, as always.

Thanked by 2user123 vimalware

@theqkash as per our email a few days ago, we're expected to be up and running with a new list of IP's etc by tomorrow.

• @liamwithers waiting for it

• @Jack said:
    This looks like a fun thread, Poor VPN.sh did they ever get better or still feeling a bit under the weather?

Not sure, but I did just get a reply to a six month old ticket.

Too bad I cancelled all my services,2 months ago...

Thanked by 1user123
  • user123user123 Member
    edited October 2014

@Nekki said:
    Too bad I cancelled all my services,2 months ago...

Oops, I hit "Thank" instead of "Quote" on your post lol. I still have my accounts (I have a couple, even though I don't use them; when I needed to use them when travelling, the servers weren't really working). But, we'll see how it goes come time to renew (it's not looking good, though I am open to giving them another chance simply due to the price and @liamwithers' responsiveness in the past). It would be nice if they did something for current customers (who were significantly inconvenienced), but I would rather they first got the service up and running...

• To be completely honest what i would do to regain the trust of existing customers would be to give them 6 months free to all active customers and 3 months free to all customers who cancelled within the past few months.

• @zafouhar said:
    To be completely honest what i would do to regain the trust of existing customers would be to give them 6 months free to all active customers and 3 months free to all customers who cancelled within the past few months.

Just a thought, even you'll not regain after all if your servers will be down in that period. lol

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited October 2014

gsrdgrdghd said:

March 14th:

liamwithers said: the aim is to have 23 of the original 25 locations back online within the next 24 hours,

July 16th:

liamwithers said: Most locations should be up and running

August 2nd:

liamwithers said: Most locations will be up and running within the next 24 hours.

September 1st:

liamwithers said: Clients will be receiving emails over the next few days about the changes that are going on internally.

October 24th

liamwithers said: we're expected to be up and running with a new list of IP's etc by tomorrow.

Does anyone else see a pattern here?

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • Does anyone else see a pattern here?

Yes, continuing blind faith.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Maybe @liamwithers also has a busy modelling career?

• I've had another cohole of months old tickets responded to today. Weirdness.

@gsrdgrdghd haha, those were only placed there whilst the site was in development - forgot to remove :).

Emails are being sent out at the moment, so keep an eye out for this as it contains information on the server updates.

• No mail from you in my inbox. ;-)

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited October 2014

I've got list of servers from list of servers from panel,checked the IP's (they are actual) and I've tried to connect them.

So, let's check it.

Australia 1 - error 807

Australia 2 - error 807

Canada 1 - error 807

Canada 2 - error 807

France - error 807

Germany 1 (Dusseldorf) - OK

Germany 2 (Frankfurt) - error 807

Hong Kong - error 807

Iceland - OK

India - error 807

Italy - error 807

Netherlands - error 807

Netherlands 2 - error 807

Netherlands 3 - error 807

I have stopped right here.

Hope in that mail I've not received there is some really important information eg. ports change or something, because if not then there was no change and all this great changes is only great lie...

• @theqkash said:
    I've got list of servers from list of servers from panel,checked the IP's (they are actual) and I've tried to connect them.

So, let's check it.

Australia 1 - error 807

Australia 2 - error 807

Canada 1 - error 807

Canada 2 - error 807

France - error 807

Germany 1 (Dusseldorf) - OK

Germany 2 (Frankfurt) - error 807

Hong Kong - error 807

Iceland - OK

India - error 807

Italy - error 807

Netherlands - error 807

Netherlands 2 - error 807

Netherlands 3 - error 807

I have stopped right here.

Hope in that mail I've not received there is some really important information eg. ports change or something, because if not then there was no change and all this great changes is only great lie...

how can you still have any faith left in this company after reading this thread? just because they keep extending false promises? is that enough to keep you hooked? it sure looks like it.

• @Mark_R I'm just waiting for another promise from @liamwithers because he's good at it, he probably is a politician, beacuse nothing he told have happened.

• @theqkash said:
    Mark_R I'm just waiting for another promise from liamwithers because he's good at it, he probably is a politician, beacuse nothing he told have happened.

if I were a mod i'd have closed this already with the conclusion that vpn.sh is a scam. its sad that people actually fall for the bullshit liam keeps posting, if he would pull back atleast 1 server everyone would believe vpn.sh is coming back - thats just sad, really.

• @Mark_R Even if some mod would do that, there is a lot of other places he can advertise.
    However I'm still thinking how somebody could be happy using this service (see page before)

• I purchased one of the yearly offers in May, mainly for OpenVPN access to 3 locations (CA, CH, IS). Great pricing for a small plan that I used with both desktop and mobile. It worked well for 2 months, with responsive servers and good speeds.

Had the first downtime in July, which lasted about a week. I waited 2 days before ticketing in case it was just a short blip. Eventually I got a reply after 9 days, in which support was polite and apologised for the delayed response, the odd ticket overlooked by accident, etc. The locations were back by then so it was resolved. The one exception I later noticed was 1 of the 2 CA servers went down and since then I've been unable to connect to it. The other CA server was up and I used it along with IS.

Around September(?) there was another downtime, lasting at least two weeks. It may or may not have been longer, by that time I'd switched back to a self-installed setup and was too busy to try daily. Since then I'd check once in a while, but couldn't ever seem to catch them working. It's past October 24, when locations were scheduled to be back online, but only 1 of the 3 locations is accessible. Like another subscriber I did not receive any email, not that it should really matter as location details and profiles could be updated directly in the billing/support area (no update there).

A little sad to leave negative feedback, but that was what happened from a customer's perspective.

• liamwithers said: @gsrdgrdghd haha, those were only placed there whilst the site was in development - forgot to remove :).

Why would you buy an image license for placeholder images you use only during development?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Why would you buy an image license for placeholder images you use only during development?

reason = rand();

Thanked by 1netomx
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

@theqkash said:
    No mail from you in my inbox. ;-)

I haven't received the promised email update either. @liamwithers can you advise if the email went out to everyone?

• Thanked by 1vimalware