Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.sh not well? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.sh not well?

Comments

• KrisKris Member

In before 'it's just a flesh wound' - Noble effort, but overall it's a shit service. And that's on a good day.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

New support team is starting today, and all issues with servers and dedicated IP's are being worked on right now. I'll provide an update shortly.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • r.i.p vpn.sh.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited August 2014

@liamwithers

I've been considering using your VPN services in the past because I needed this quick but after reading all shit you are going through on LET I haven't signed up. Now I see this thread and things keep falling down, I can understand that you have a though job keeping your service running specially with the kind of people you potentially are attracting but there is no excuse for delivering a poor service. You do it right or you quit. Don't leave people hanging.

For anyone who is looking into reliable and fast VPN services, take a look at http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en they provide trails. I've had not a single outage while using their service and speeds are always acceptable, its just like you would have setup yourself, no problems, it just works.

• @liamwithers I believe that you should send an email to all customers with the locations that are currently working....... to be honest, I don't really know which location works anymore....... which led me to setup my own softether vpn, which is good in a way or two.

@wcypierre an email with a temporary (not full or perfect - but close enough for the time being) status page to determine which locations are accessible will be sent out over the next few days. A permanent status page will be ready shortly afterwards. Most locations will be up and running within the next 24 hours.

• March 14th:

liamwithers said: the aim is to have 23 of the original 25 locations back online within the next 24 hours,

July 16th:

liamwithers said: Most locations should be up and running

August 2nd:

liamwithers said: Most locations will be up and running within the next 24 hours.

Do "most" locations keep going down or do they never actually come online?

Thanked by 2Dylan Ruchirablog
  • I can confirm, I just had a 1.5 month old ticket finally replied to, that said vpn services would start working again tomorrow. I rarely use the service to work around DNS issues with my 4G connection, but every time I try to it seems to be down. Seems like a one man shop, and it's not his day job. I would definitely recommend noone buy any more vpn.sh promotions until existing customers can confirm some stability for a few months.

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    March 14th:

Do "most" locations keep going down or do they never actually come online?

Locations have ended up dropping off due to a failure in getting PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN restarted if they ever drop. This is being altered and rolled out across locations tomorrow morning, which should prevent further drops of locations.

@randomq, our service should start to stabilise now, so please keep an eye on your VPN account over the next few months. I understand we have to earn your trust back, and shall make sure that previous issues with support and the service don't crop up again.

• KrisKris Member

liamwithers said: Locations have ended up dropping off due to a failure in getting PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN restarted if they ever drop. This is being altered and rolled out across locations tomorrow morning, which should prevent further drops of locations.

If this is true... Hire someone to setup a proper monit profile. Properly configured, it does wonders

http://mmonit.com/monit/

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm going to have to check properly, but I think I just had a yearly service suspended that I paid for 3 months ago. Anyone else had something similar.

@Nekki said:
    I'm going to have to check properly, but I think I just had a yearly service suspended that I paid for 3 months ago. Anyone else had something similar.

This could be the case. Did you submit a cancellation request at some point? Feel free to drop me a PM with the service ID and I'll take a look.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

blah, took it to PM.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • SadySady Member

Most of the locations are still not working.

I don't think so that we will get more than 5-10 locations & after some time all will be dead though.

• It seems an abandoned service. Some locations work from time to time randomly 1 of 10.

• Iceland, Singapore, Australia, The Netherlands and Canada2 are the only servers working for me over OpenVPN at the mo' :(

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • and now you send out emails looking for more £££? how about answering tickets and getting the service we have already paid for working?

• gsrdgrdghd said: It seems rather unlikely that all servers got terminated due to abuse at the same time

If you see a provider get kicked out of Germany, Romania and Turkey at the same time - Voxility/Limehost pulled the plug.

• vpn.sh simply ignores let, they however support their users here: http://hukd.mydealz.de/deals/1-jahr-vpn-zugriff-mit-150gb-bei-vpn-sh-388674

• @liamwithers said:
    wcypierre an email with a temporary (not full or perfect - but close enough for the time being) status page to determine which locations are accessible will be sent out over the next few days. A permanent status page will be ready shortly afterwards. Most locations will be up and running within the next 24 hours.

yeah right......... 1 week has passed and I received nothing, see nothing, and I don't think I will ever see anything?

@wcypierre there were some issues with the initial script not pulling the status of PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN properly, so I've wrote a new, simple script for the mean time: http://status.vpn.sh

It's not ideal, and loading time takes a few seconds as it checks in real-time rather than interval checks.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@liamwithers you have 24 locations online according to that, just a suggestion, if those are the stable ones just take the other 8 out of the service offering, then at least people know what they are dealing with.

To be honest reading this thread compared to the actual picture it is not in as bad of a state as this thread suggests.

I really cant understand why this is such a big deal to sort out, do you want some help?

@AnthonySmith said:
    liamwithers you have 24 locations online according to that, just a suggestion, if those are the stable ones just take the other 8 out of the service offering, then at least people know what they are dealing with.

To be honest reading this thread compared to the actual picture it is not in as bad of a state as this thread suggests.

I really cant understand why this is such a big deal to sort out, do you want some help?

I'll drop you a PM shortly :). A large part of the issue that people seem to be having is due to the authentication system not communicating properly with all servers - it's fixed for the vast majority of locations now, but some seem to still have issues following the "fix" that I rolled out.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@liamwithers said:
    wcypierre there were some issues with the initial script not pulling the status of PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN properly, so I've wrote a new, simple script for the mean time: http://status.vpn.sh

It's not ideal, and loading time takes a few seconds as it checks in real-time rather than interval checks.

Suggestion, make a cron script to check the servers, and just make the webpage to check the status file. Just imagine the load your server will take if someone DoS your page

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • sound advice

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@liamwithers said:
    I'll drop you a PM shortly :). A large part of the issue that people seem to be having is due to the authentication system not communicating properly with all servers - it's fixed for the vast majority of locations now, but some seem to still have issues following the "fix" that I rolled out.

How about using softether?

Thanked by 1salakis
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:

I asked @liamwithers the same question not long ago but after the initial contact I never heard back from Liam.
    Guess he got everything covered.

• @liamwithers:
    My 'VPN Dedicated IP Dallas' is non-functional SINCE SEVERAL MONTHS and all tickets to that matter remained unanswered,
    For the 'VPN Dedicated IP New York', I have received an 'activation' letter over a week ago with a link to a wrong configuration file and containing the following:
    'Your dedicated IP shall be sent to you in a separate email. Until you receive this email, access will not be available - please keep an eye on your email for when your dedicated IP has been assigned.'

Hello, I am still waiting for that separate email. Regretfully, my reminder message to von.sh remains unanswered, since August 5. So, I continue not to have access to a service that I have paid for almost 2 months ago.

I am tired of this mess and either want the services to be usable within 3 working days or my money refunded. You cannot expect more than several months of patience from a customer. I also don't want to hear more stories of what is keeping your company from delivering the services that people have paid for.

I normally would not discuss this in a public forum, but since your company tends to ignore tickets, I don't have much choice.

PS: is there anyone with a working dedicated IP service by vpn.sh ???

@Gabor said:
    liamwithers:
    My 'VPN Dedicated IP Dallas' is non-functional SINCE SEVERAL MONTHS and all tickets to that matter remained unanswered,
    For the 'VPN Dedicated IP New York', I have received an 'activation' letter over a week ago with a link to a wrong configuration file and containing the following:
    'Your dedicated IP shall be sent to you in a separate email. Until you receive this email, access will not be available - please keep an eye on your email for when your dedicated IP has been assigned.'

Hello, I am still waiting for that separate email. Regretfully, my reminder message to von.sh remains unanswered, since August 5. So, I continue not to have access to a service that I have paid for almost 2 months ago.

I am tired of this mess and either want the services to be usable within 3 working days or my money refunded. You cannot expect more than several months of patience from a customer. I also don't want to hear more stories of what is keeping your company from delivering the services that people have paid for.

I normally would not discuss this in a public forum, but since your company tends to ignore tickets, I don't have much choice.

Almost all issues regarding support have been resolved - please let me know your specific ticket ID's and I'll take a look.

As you're aware from emails, there is a support team that generally deal with the majority of issues. You've seen me posting here, and are more than welcome to discuss things with me via PM. I can understand your frustration, but if you'd rather not discuss it in public as you mentioned, then by PM or emailing me personally are both more than adequate ways of getting in touch with me.

I'm currently on an overnight train journey, but shall get your specific dedicated IP sorted tomorrow - just give me a shout via PM with your order ID/ticket ID's and I'll get it seen to for you.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @Gabor said:
    liamwithers:

To ditto @Gabor, My 'VPN Dedicated IP Dallas' is also non-functional SINCE ACQUIRING IT and all tickets to that matter remained unanswered. I am still waiting for that separate email. Regretfully, my reminder message to vpn.sh remains unanswered, since August 8. So, I continue not to have access to a service that I have paid for almost 2 months ago.

Sound familiar?