Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.sh not well? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.sh not well?

Comments

• ricardo said: The service hasn't lived up to expectation and neither has the aftermath. Other than calling the provider names, I don't see much point in persisting. Just write a bad review the next time you come across this (or another one of his) service.

+1

• MikyMiky Member
    edited September 2014

I cannot try every server around, but are you all saying that status.vpn.sh is pointless?

• NZ back-online was online but back offline

• My ticket has been dealt with, I was refunded for the dedicated IP I never received and offered a free 6 month trial once the dedicated IP service is running again.

• Miky said: I cannot try every server around, but are you all saying that status.vpn.sh is pointless?

Yup, maybe it is telling something about availibility of physical server or something, but 100% not about the VPN service.

When I was posting all posts in this topic, status was telling that most of servers is up, but I was not able to login to any of them.

• @liamwithers:
    Regretfully, there is no change of status of my ticket #399328 dated june 29 (!!!).
    Dallas Private IP is still down, months later.
    As for #275602 from July 14 (!!!), it is marked as answered, but the service is still not available. I did receive an 'activation' letter for the service, but that was a bad joke, since I was asked to await a second letter for the service to become active which never arrived.
    And even if I had received that second letter, it would be useless: the 'activation letter' pointed to a configuration file of a different service.
    My case does not seem to be the exception from the rule, as I see from reactions in this forum.

• @liamwithers: online on LET almost everyday but not answering here. Probably nothing will be done, time to quit.

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • Yesterday I found one of the locations I had been using is back online ... for now.

Hopefully others will have their problems resolved soon. Mine was one of those yearly offers and having got some use out of it, I'm not upset. Just not very reliable, at this rate I might not renew next cycle. A pity, it was a good offer.

• They're online for a day or two and then down again.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

We're reworking the management of the service to keep everything a little more controlled.

Dedicated IP's are being moved to a separate brand, as they're likely to take up a large portion of time and work, and it's easier at this moment in time to keep them separate.

An overhaul of servers on the main VPN.SH servers is planned for 29th September. Plenty of IP changes will be happening, as well as dropping one or two of the less used locations. Basically the service is being streamlined and cleaned up to make managing the large number of servers a much easier task.

• @liamwithers can you at least work with the tickets? You've answered my ticket after 4 months charging me for the service I wasn't needed for already. I've asked to undo this 43 days ago and still haven't got a reply from you.

• I asked them if they received a NSL. Since they never answered they probably received one. Providers aren't allowed to tell their clients if they received a NSL.

• What is NSL?

• National Security Letter ?

@rds100 said:
    What is NSL?

Not sure.

• tr1cky said: I asked them if they received a NSL. Since they never answered they probably received one

Liam is from the UK so he should not be bound to NSLs. Also given the VPN.sh support history it is far more likely that your ticket just went unanswered because noone bothered to answer it.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@nstorm said:
    liamwithers can you at least work with the tickets? You've answered my ticket after 4 months charging me for the service I wasn't needed for already. I've asked to undo this 43 days ago and still haven't got a reply from you.

Responded.

@tr1cky said:
    I asked them if they received a NSL. Since they never answered they probably received one. Providers aren't allowed to tell their clients if they received a NSL.

We haven't received any NSL's since we started doing business.

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited September 2014

Service is on the same level like support.

Ticket from 16/05/2014 534835 - unresponded

Ticket from 21/08/2014 763386 - unresponded

Service almost dead

Only the promises.

• VPN.sh support desk right now:

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • Just get a one-year free cyberghost acc: http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us/campaign/chip.de_sept2014

Thanked by 3netomx Kris exp82
  • user123user123 Member
    edited September 2014

@tr1cky said:
    Just get a one-year free cyberghost acc: http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us/campaign/chip.de_sept2014

Weird, I tried a couple of my email addresses and got this error every single time, even though I've never registered before:

Schade, deine E-Mail-Adresse kann leider nicht angenommen werden!

Per Google Translate, this means:

Too bad, your e-mail address unfortunately can not be accepted!

ETA: The page says "Still 7508 key available!"

• robohostrobohost Member
    edited September 2014

@user123 said:
    ETA: The page says "Still 7508 key available!"

Change your ip first 1 got 4 without problems

• Thanks man, this will at least work, not like vpn.sh

• This thread is quite a read, was this service ever actually online?

• why is this thread still open and @liamwithers not banned yet? all this time I see new comments being added to this thread that indicate no improvement and only add more negatives about vpn.sh.. it couldn't be more clear that liam doesn't give a shit about this service and just adds more valueless promises every time without working out the previous ones.

• @Mark_R said:
    why is this thread still open and liamwithers not banned yet?

Because as has been shown already, due to this thread people are getting tickets answered and refunds given, which is more than seems to be happening via te ticket desk otherwise.

I don't have any hand in what non-VPS offers are allowed here, but I'd be quite surprised if Liam was to advertise his services again.

• Please don't be too harsh to @liamwithers. I respect people that creates new companies and do new things, because they are doing more than most of us. Creating a enterprise, no matter how small, is also a huge learning opportunity.

Being said that, sometimes things does not go as planned. It may not necessarily be a fault of the founder, but the founder is the public face of the company anyway.

How many times we missed a goal and said to ourselves again and again: "with just a little more tweaking and luck, things will start to get on track"? On my experience, the most successful people in business are the ones that don't fall on this self-deluding trap. They are asking from ourselves higher standards than regular customers, and apologize even for little mistakes that I had already forgiven. On the other side, during the years I also had business with people that seems to have a neverending supply of good excuses to avoild fulfilling contract and promises. They don't seems to be so successful, or at least they usually never become my supplier again. Trust is the most important asset in the service industry.

As someone already mentioned before, here lies a great learning opportunity for Liam to put things in order and be honest with the customers, to eventually start again with a better foundation. Is up to him to seize it or let things go in the direction that is already very clear by anyone reading this thread.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2014

You might be a huge optimist pcan.

This service went well for a while, though the past 6 months it's only been a VPN by name only. BTW I offer 5-star holidays to Mars for only $500K.

Some tickets are being responded to & refunds given back, that's great as there are providers who can't even do that.

My point, we're here for services, this service is not fit for purpose. The owner coming back and saying "oh I've been tweaking this and that and hope for it to work soon", messages a month apart without any update or indication says it all.

It's definitely not a technical problem he is having, just the best line to spin.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • switsysswitsys Member
    edited September 2014

@Mark_R said:
    add more negatives about vpn.sh.. it

Good 1, lmfao

• theqkashtheqkash Member
    edited September 2014

pcan said: Please don't be too harsh to @liamwithers. I respect people that creates new companies and do new things, because they are doing more than most of us. Creating a enterprise, no matter how small, is also a huge learning opportunity.

Being said that, sometimes things does not go as planned. It may not necessarily be a fault of the founder, but the founder is the public face of the company anyway.

How many times we missed a goal and said to ourselves again and again: "with just a little more tweaking and luck, things will start to get on track"? On my experience, the most successful people in business are the ones that don't fall on this self-deluding trap. They are asking from ourselves higher standards than regular customers, and apologize even for little mistakes that I had already forgiven. On the other side, during the years I also had business with people that seems to have a neverending supply of good excuses to avoild fulfilling contract and promises. They don't seems to be so successful, or at least they usually never become my supplier again. Trust is the most important asset in the service industry.

As someone already mentioned before, here lies a great learning opportunity for Liam to put things in order and be honest with the customers, to eventually start again with a better foundation. Is up to him to seize it or let things go in the direction that is already very clear by anyone reading this thread.

Man, let me be honest. If Liam would have balls, he will tell the world "Sorry guys, I have failed, take your cash back". And how it is in thie case? He is going back here 1 or sometimes 2 times a month with great offer of his great service and then he's going back to this topic where all the people complain about his service and the only we can see here is "I'm working hard to make it work". Did something happened excluding all those promises? In my opinion - no.

From the day when I have bought it, it have been working for 1 or 2 months, and then it is almost dead.
    There was such website as http://status.vpn.sh/ but it have lied to all of us telling that all or 90% servers is up which wasn't true.

• liamwithers said: An overhaul of servers on the main VPN.SH servers is planned for 29th September. Plenty of IP changes will be happening, as well as dropping one or two of the less used locations. Basically the service is being streamlined and cleaned up to make managing the large number of servers a much easier task.

What locations will be dropped?