Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.sh not well? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.sh not well?

Comments

• MikyMiky Member

We're are glad to move forward with you, Liam (@liamwithers)

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • GaborGabor Member

Thank you, Liam, I am VERY pleased to see that most locations are back to normal. Connection speeds and ping are as great as they used to be before the drama started.
    Connecting from Austria to New Jersey, achieving 46Mbit/s download and to Switzerland 14Mbit/s.

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Gabor said:
    Thank you, Liam, I am VERY pleased to see that most locations are back to normal. Connection speeds and ping are as great as they used to be before the drama started.
    Connecting from Austria to New Jersey, achieving 46Mbit/s download and to Switzerland 14Mbit/s.

Almost all locations are online at the moment - just a small handful that aren't, but they'll hopefully be back up tonight. Glad to hear the speeds are sufficient for you as well :).

• Used it yesterday for a bit and was also happy with the service. Thanks for your hard work.

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • Perfect timing, I'm departing to China today.

Thanked by 1VPNsh

Potentially having some delays as I'm currently unable to complete any further progress on locations until tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately I chose the wrong car park to use earlier this evening as i visited a friend in a different city, and have to stop in a hotel tonight.

Here's the car park for those interested:

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@liamwithers said:
    Potentially having some delays as I'm currently unable to complete any further progress on locations until tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately I chose the wrong car park to use earlier this evening as i visited a friend in a different city, and have to stop in a hotel tonight.

Here's the car park for those interested:

not sure if funny, or sad - can I be both? :(

@netomx said:
    not sure if funny, or sad - can I be both? :(

Nobody was injured, so sure :P. Just hoping my motorbike is safe and sound! All of the surrounding areas are cordoned off until noon tomorrow :(

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@liamwithers said:

I sincerely hope so :)

• Woah... Good thing nobody was hurt. Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Hope your ride is okay.

• Got the latest email. For anyone spectating, 2 months free in compensation for the issues that were had has been given. Very fair.

• mov3mov3 Member

Will you expand to Japan?

• I wouldnt mind seeing an access point or two with torrents and other potentially abusive services blocked, if that's even possible.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I got a happy email that they are on their feet again. Good luck @liamwithers! :)

• Why block torrents..id say hed loose bout 70% of teh cudtomers ):

@mov3 Japan is planned but there's no ETA as of yet.

@FtpIt_Radio thanks :)

• Sorry to bump this but it's still better than making a new thread.

Is anybody else receiving TLS Negotiation and Unroutable packet errors on OpenVPN?

I'm not sure if China's begun throttling OpenVPN in my region (which previously never occured) or if it's a network issue.

I would open a ticket but I imagine they're still overwhelmed and I'd like to see if anybody else is affected.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I dont know, I heard they might be blocking VPNs. There was a thread some place.

• GaborGabor Member

Regretfully, I have to revive this thread. The services VPN.SH are down since several weeks, to a considerable degree (amongs others, Germany, Switzerland, Italy ... ). Only a small number of VPN terminations is still operational. And remaining services keep going down.
    My private IP service in Dallas is non-operational since over a month. A service ticket from two weeks ago has not been answered.
    The private IP service to New York that I also ordered, was promised to go into service on July 1. Till today it is not. Of course, no reply to service tickets, as we are used from that company.
    Instead of fixing the broken services, vpn.sh are putting their energy into running promotions to attract more customers for a service that that they should be aware to be largely non functional (http://offer.vpn.sh/).

• It is better to pack and leave ?

• I've recently tried to use their UK location for watching BBC iPlayer. Server #1 connects but somehow ends the connection after one minute, servers #2 and #3 don't even connect.

Does anyone know a cheap VPN provider for occasional use (1-2 times per month)?

• ChuckChuck Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    I've recently tried to use their UK location for watching BBC iPlayer. Server #1 connects but somehow ends the connection after one minute, servers #2 and #3 don't even connect.

Does anyone know a cheap VPN provider for occasional use (1-2 times per month)?

Just get a LES UK?

Thanked by 25n1p Maounique

Italy is again down due to spam, since we also received police complaints about similar services, we are thinking to forbid public services from running here, even if they require authentication.

• Since that last promo that was ran, never got my service activated actually.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Sadly, this keeps coming round. I've kept faith with VPN.sh for a lot longer than I would with a VPS provider because the prices are generally so low, but it's getting beyond a joke now. As with @catalystium my latest promo service is still pending, and I still don't have my dedicated US IP. It's getting towards the point I'm going to have to start looking for another provider, or just run everything myself.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

What were you expecting? A single person in the UK hosting a service to keep you anonymous? Every second week a 1pound offer? If you want reasonable priced anonymity go with airvpn.org

If you want anonymity you dont go with a company, you are doing it yourself or rely on volunteers and technologies the authorities fear and try to shutdown. VPNs are ok for streaming geographically restricted content or for bypassing other censorship, not to remain anonymous.

• gsrdgrdghd said: Does anyone know a cheap VPN provider for occasional use (1-2 times per month)?

I have a fair amount of Vultr credit, but I don't have the need for a 24/7 server.
    When I need a VPN, I'll spin up a Vultr VPS for the period I need it.

I really should find a way to automate it but it only really takes about 5 minutes to setup a basic OpenVPN server.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@ElliotJ said:
    I have a fair amount of Vultr credit, but I don't have the need for a 24/7 server. When I need a VPN, I'll spin up a Vultr VPS for the period I need it.

This is exactly what I was doing with iwStack until I started running into slow spin up times. DO was great for it.

I have to say, I'm connected to VPN 90% of the time now though, which is where these services aren't so cost effective.