Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN.sh not well? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN.sh not well?

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Apologies for the delays. Had an issue with emails being sent out. Information is now being sent out via email.

Locations are visible from within the knowledgebase. IP's in the stats area and OpenVPN files will be available shortly.

All information in the knowledgebase is up to date.

14 locations are active and running right now, and more will be added over the next day or two.

Please open a support ticket if you have any issues getting connected to the locations listed in the knowledgebase.

Thanked by 2Oliver upfreak
  • @liamwithers
    Sort please info on service details page after logging in.

• Holy damn, those are really working :o
    The question is how long...

@theqkash said:
    liamwithers
    Sort please info on service details page after logging in.

This will be updated tomorrow. 15 locations now available, Sweden has been re-added. All info is on the knowledgebase (this will be the most current and up to date information page).

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@liamwithers said:
    Please PM me your ticket ID's and I'll get this looked into. Been a very difficult few weeks, but I'm in the process of streamlining the service as to prepare for any future problems that may occur.

Clients will be receiving emails over the next few days about the changes that are going on internally.
    Apologies for the delays. Had an issue with emails being sent out. Information is now being sent out via email.

Locations are visible from within the knowledgebase. IP's in the stats area and OpenVPN files will be available shortly.

All information in the knowledgebase is up to date.

14 locations are active and running right now, and more will be added over the next day or two.

Please open a support ticket if you have any issues getting connected to the locations listed in the knowledgebase.
    @liamwithers said:
    This will be updated tomorrow. 15 locations now available, Sweden has been re-added. All info is on the knowledgebase (this will be the most current and up to date information page).

canned responses

• Got an email about currently available locations, thanks. 13 location listed (x2 Atlanta = 14).

Unfortunately, only PPTP and L2TP at the moment and not the locations I'd like, so the waiting continues ...

@souen said:
    Got an email about currently available locations, thanks. 13 location listed (x2 Atlanta = 14).

Unfortunately, only PPTP and L2TP at the moment and not the locations I'd like, so the waiting continues ...

Please PM me with the locations that you're wanting.

• @liamwithers: PM sent, thanks.

• Haven't got any email so far.

Can't bear to login into KB, it doesn't worth my time.

• According to these IPs, it'd better call v(ultr)pn.

Thanked by 1salakis

@StephenIzzy said:
    Haven't got any email so far.

Can't bear to login into KB, it doesn't worth my time.

That's odd, these were sent out last night. Have you checked your spambox etc.? The IP's in the knowledgebase are 100% working as of right now.

• It is indeed Vultr-focused, but damn, the speeds are awesome (so far), will post some results later.

Problem is GeoIP, none of them get properly geolocated (I wonder if they ever will) and this kind of destroys the actual point of a VPN...

@salakis said:
    Problem is GeoIP, none of them get properly geolocated (I wonder if they ever will) and this kind of destroys the actual point of a VPN...

The locations that aren't geolocated properly will most likely have other servers come in alongside them (i.e. Netherlands 2, Germany 2 etc.) to fix this.

• salakissalakis Member
    edited October 2014

So here is the promised test, as I said before, the speeds are very good so far. All tested on a 100/100 connection in NL using L2TP.

Sydney, AU (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Matawan, NJ, US)

Tokyo, JP (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Heiwajima, JP)

Auckland, NZ (AS24466 - hd.net.nz; MaxMind: Auckland, NZ)

Atlanta (1), GA, US (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Atlanta, GA, US)

Atlanta (2), GA, US (AS3842 - RamNode LLC; MaxMind: Smarr, GA, US)

Chicago, IL, US (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Elk Grove Village, IL, US)

Los Angeles, CA, US (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Los Angeles, CA, US)

Matawan, NJ, US (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Matawan, NJ, US)

San Francisco, CA, US (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: US)

Seattle, WA, US (AS3842 - RamNode LLC; MaxMind: Forsyth, GA, US)

Paris, FR (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Paris, FR)

Frankfurt, DE (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Jersey City, NJ, US)

Amsterdam, NL (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: Matawan, NJ, US)

Stockholm, SE (AS42708 - Portlane Network AB; MaxMind: Stockholm, SE)

London, UK (AS20473 - Choopa, LLC; MaxMind: London, UK)

Thanked by 2VPNsh vimalware
  • You ping 10ms inside NL INSIDE a VPN? Damn, i wish i had that line :)

Thanked by 1salakis
  • @William: Yeah and I am actually living right on the other end of the country, next to the German border, usually my ping to AMS is around 5-7 ms. Such is life in the Netherlands.

Thanked by 1xDragonZ
  • souensouen Member
    edited October 2014

Just got a message from @liamwithers that the CA location is back. It was delayed a few days, but to give due credit, he followed up on the request and it's currently working. Thanks!

• @souen said:
    Just got a message from liamwithers that the CA location is back. It was delayed a few days, but to give due credit, he followed up on the request and it's currently working. Thanks!

Good to know, I'd be actually happy to sacrifice a couple of US locations (NJ and L.A. should be almost sufficient for most) for a long-term working service.

I really miss the CH location though (Wilmaa)...

• Last update I got about it was two days ago: "Switzerland is likely to be another couple of days."

He's working on it, but I guess there's no harm in requesting, to let him know there's demand for that location.

• Small update:
    Germany and Netherlands get now properly geolocated, some services already work and it should be matter of time until the others work.

• Seems the service is on the mend.

Canada and Switzerland shall both be added tomorrow. Some of the other locations that haven't reappeared yet shall be returning during the week.

• liamwithers said: This will be updated tomorrow.

Still not updated

@theqkash said:

We've had some issues with the downloads section of our WHMCS, so for the time being we'll be moving the files elsewhere. All information will be provided along with the email regarding Canada and Switzerland. Apologies for this - I'll send you a PM and also drop the link into this thread when it's been moved.

• liamwithers said: We've had some issues with the downloads section of our WHMCS, so for the time being we'll be moving the files elsewhere. All information will be provided along with the email regarding Canada and Switzerland. Apologies for this - I'll send you a PM and also drop the link into this thread when it's been moved.

I doesn't mean download section. When you will go to "My services" and then when you choose service, there is list with IPs on that page, that's outdated.

I have no problem with that, but probably some clients can try to use those IPs and be angry because of downtime.

Thanked by 1VPNsh

@theqkash said:
    I have no problem with that, but probably some clients can try to use those IPs and be angry because of downtime.

Ah, I see. This has now been updated.

• @liamwithers said:
    OpenVPN files will be available shortly.

It's been 10 days now, and we still don't have updated files for OpenVPN access. You could at least delete the old OpenVPN files from the downloads page so people don't waste their time trying to connect with them.

• Switzerland location is up (tested PPTP, haven't got the OpenVPN profile yet). If you've been waiting for this location, maybe send liamwithers a quick PM to get the IP.

OpenVPN files can now be downloaded from within our client area. All current clients will be receiving an email about this over the next hour or two.