Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location

Comments

• @ztec said:
    Great, let me know when I can order.

+1

• same. waiting for LU location to jump onto

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Should be all ready a little later today :)

Francisco

• @Francisco ... Just purchased it in LU, anyway we can get native/RIPE Luxembourg IP?

edited November 2014

@godong said:
    Francisco ... Just purchased it in LU, anyway we can get native/RIPE Luxembourg IP?

Nope.

We're still waiting on geo IP DB's to update our entries but that'll take however long.

Francisco

• Francisco said: We're still waiting on geo IP DB's to update our entries but that'll take however long.

The Frantech address will be LU based too on those IPs?

@ben78 said:

In time, sure. Maxmind will be fast about it but other databases will take time.

Francisco

• Nice :)

Shared hosting available later on today or later next week?

Should be later today :)

The box is complete minus some minor tweaks and configuration imports. Aldryic just has to finish the plans and such.

Francisco

• ShadeShade Member
    edited November 2014

The LU ip range are not routed properly. It's not reachable from a lot locations.

@Shade said:
    The LU ip range are not routed properly. It's not reachable from a lot locations.

Mind checking that again?

I think giglinx took a dive earlier tonight for a bit. Root.LU has already been checking their end to see what was up but I can confirm I was seeing some odd routing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Shade
  • Francisco said: Mind checking that again?

It works again since some hours. Thanks ;)

• @Francisco Is the LU reseller available now?

• Have a question about the IP anycast: how is traffic routed if the closest IP location goes offline? Will it get rerouted to one of the other locations automatically?

• aglodek said: Have a question about the IP anycast: how is traffic routed if the closest IP location goes offline? Will it get rerouted to one of the other locations automatically?

I'd imagine not in this case.

aglodek said: Have a question about the IP anycast: how is traffic routed if the closest IP location goes offline? Will it get rerouted to one of the other locations automatically?

If the whole location goes down, then BGP will do its magic and take you to the next closest one automatically. If your single VPS is offline (node crash, dun goofed on a configuration, etc), then the IP would be dead in the water.

For anyone serious about the anycast setup and has a bit of budget, we recommend they get 2 VPS' minimum in each location and use something like heartbeat/etc to failover the IP.

Francisco

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • tcpdumptcpdump Member
    edited November 2014

The Failover IP will work within the same location only I'm assuming?

Thanks

@tcpdump said:
    The Failover IP will work within the same location only I'm assuming?

Thanks

Correcto.

Now, you can do failover + anycast as I was discussing above :) We have multiple people looking to do that or already pre-ordering with the goal of rolling it out this coming week.

Francisco

• How do you actually view the shared services?

Thanked by 1vimalware

hostnoob said: How do you actually view the shared services?

VPSBoard & WHT are the main places you can. We do have a site on the way for buyshared, we just need to finish it :P

Francisco

• @Francisco Awesome features! Is there already any ETA on the floating IPs? Anycast should already come in about a week as far as I understood. It would be also nice if LU could get another hostnode, as according to your support, both of my VMs currently have to be on the same node.

Failover IP's & Anycast IP's will arrive at the same time since it's all the same code base :)

We'll send more gear soonish once we got a good feel on demand.

Francisco

• @Francisco Great! Is there any way to get informed as soon as another node will be deployed in LU? Failover is going to be a bit useless otherwise :)

@NeoXiD said:
    Francisco Great! Is there any way to get informed as soon as another node will be deployed in LU? Failover is going to be a bit useless otherwise :)

For that very reason we'll be emailing people once it's there :)

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    For that very reason we'll be emailing people once it's there :)

One last question in regards of that... Will it be possible to migrate the VPS without any data loss or do I actually need to setup it from scratch again? If I'm going to loose data, is it already possible to buy VPS in LA/NJ and have them on separate hostnodes?

I'm asking this here in the public as others might be interested in building such failover/anycast clusters aswell and I can't find any information about that.

We can migrate you free of charge, no loss, just a bit of downtime while the migration happens. OpenVZ does support live migrations but it's eehhhhh at times.

Francisco

• Francisco said: VPSBoard & WHT are the main places you can.

Didn't see anything there, is it launched or will come later this week?

@ben78 said:

Aldryic is binding it all to WHMCS in a few hours. He'll be hitting the forums and such then :)

Francisco

• wychwych Member
    edited December 2014

@Francisco nvm, just seen the pricing rules.