Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Luxembourg stock is open :) Enjoy everyone!

Lots accomplished on anycast this evening.

Francisco

• @Francisco: Congrats! any ETA on shared yet?

:)

• Luxembourg

OVZ: https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=30

KVM: https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=31

KVM Storage: https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=32

If you want to throw me some free credit, click the affiliate link in my sig ;)

• @ben78

@Francisco said: Still working away at shared. Should have that available for the weekend.

Thanked by 1ben78
  • Francisco said: Not really. Remember, we're giving away anycast IP's for free. You'll be able to automatically attach up to 5 anycast IP's w/o any sort of staff involvement right from within Stallion.

Francisco

I understand. Just another question: I have an sql account, if that sql reachable internally (is the sql clustered?) from all the locations?

• Steve81 said: I have an sql account, if that sql reachable internally (is the sql clustered?) from all the locations?

That would make anycast pretty interesting!

• Steve81 said: I understand. Just another question: I have an sql account, if that sql reachable internally (is the sql clustered?) from all the locations?

AFAIK they have internal network, so that is possible via your internal IP assigned to you.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    AFAIK they have internal network, so that is possible via your internal IP assigned to you.

The internal networks aren't linked at this time.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Francisco said: The internal networks aren't linked at this time.

Oh, sorry my bad.

That feature is awesome especially with the anycast IPs, I guess it will take more work and more pony juice to re-enable it :)

• vRozenSch00n said: That feature is awesome especially with the anycast IPs, I guess it will take more work and more pony juice to re-enable it :)

Yeah, but it would be not that fast for mysql anyway if the db is in another dc...

• ben78 said: Yeah, but it would be not that fast for mysql anyway if the db is in another dc...

I think that's why the internal network is not connected yet. It takes a lot of change and audit to make thing run flawlessly.

And at this price point......

It's almost as same as free ;)

I hope Aldryc can carve something and maintain the cost revenue balance so we can always have a good product.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    I hope Aldryc can carve something and maintain the cost revenue balance so we can always have a good product.

Don't worry about anycast costing us money ;) I got that all worked out.

Now about that fully managed hosting w/o a price hike..............

Francisco

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Pwner
  • Long live Stallion

Long live BuyVM

Btw, before providing Linux server, if my memory is not leaking, you started with Premium Windows server isn't it?

edited November 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Long live Stallion

Long live BuyVM

Btw, before providing Linux server, if my memory is not leaking, you started with Premium Windows server isn't it?

Under Frantech we did a lot of gameservers, Windows servers, etc.

We did BuyVM as a test of the waters and it proved to be a good venture so we slowed down on the Frantech side and pushed hard on the BuyVM side.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Aah, that explains why you can provide licensed Windows for large KVM customers.

Sorry, my memory isn't as good, there's a lot of catching up to do :)

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited November 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    That feature is awesome especially with the anycast IPs, I guess it will take more work and more pony juice to re-enable it :)

A private network isn't needed, each VM will still have it own unicast IP that can be used to communicate with the VMs in other locations.

No intended criticism: I'm baffled at how Fran and Aldryic continue to roll out new feature after new freebies without deviating from their original pricing plans!

• kcaj said: A private network isn't needed, each VM will still have it own unicast IP that can be used to communicate with the VMs in other locations.

Yeah I know, but it's good to have many options :)

kcaj said: No intended criticism: I'm baffled at how Fran and Aldryic continue to roll out new feature after new freebies without deviating from their original pricing plans!

They have some magic potion called "Pony Juice" i think :P. More seriously. Maybe they have several corporate contracts providing services to large company that can subsidized BuyVM brand building?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: so we slowed down on the Frantech side and pushed hard on the BuyVM side.

The jokes just write themselves.

BTW, what are you guys going to do when Win 20003 goes out of support next July? I seem to recall that MSFT changed licensing rules for 2008 that made it a lot more expensive for providers.

kcaj said: No intended criticism: I'm baffled at how Fran and Aldryic continue to roll out new feature after new freebies without deviating from their original pricing plans!

vRozenSch00n said: They have some magic potion called "Pony Juice" i think :P. More seriously. Maybe they have several corporate contracts providing services to large company that can subsidized BuyVM brand building?

Nothing we operate has ever been done as a 'loss leader' or anything like that. We don't need 'float' customers, nor would we ever be OK with being 100% reliant on them. They go broke and suddenly i'm having to make deals I don't want to.

Francisco

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n kzed
  • @francisco

Steve81 said: Just another question: I have an sql account, is that sql reachable internally (is the sql clustered?) from all the locations?

@Steve81 said:
    francisco

Steve81 said: Just another question: I have an sql account, is that sql reachable internally (is the sql clustered?) from all the locations?

No.

They're local only within the location in question.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Steve81 daman
  • @francisco, so when can I as a new customer order the LU location? any ETA?

You can order right now :)

Stock was opened yesterday morning.

Maybe I should make an offers thread on here.

Francisco

Thanked by 1george
  • georgegeorge Member
    edited November 2014

@Francisco said:
    You can order right now :)

Is there any specific reason you don't show LU on your website?

Would you mind updating this page please - http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/hardware? Thanks :)

• Shared in LU ready yet?

@george - Our site is terrible :D I'll be adding it later today.

@ztec - not yet, been busy coding.

Francisco

Thanked by 1george
  • Does your shared hosting include cPanel + softaculous and some way to automatically backup everything on a daily basis?

• ztec said: Does your shared hosting include cPanel + softaculous and some way to automatically backup everything on a daily basis?

BuyVM run their own backups. Not sure if there is a method to run your own backups independent of BuyVM systems on a automated basis, you can use the standard cpbackup tool to produce cpbackup files and have them stored locally or off-site via FTP, remember though that this method requires you have the storage space to store the file locally (including when storing elsewhere via FTP).

@ztec said:
    Does your shared hosting include cPanel + softaculous and some way to automatically backup everything on a daily basis?

Yes to all of those. Softaculous supports automated backups and we have cpRemote in the works. We had it running for a while but we've had to since then replace how we were using it. It should be good to go on lv-shared01 very soon with all future nodes (including Luxembourg) on the new setup automatically.

• Great, let me know when I can order.