Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location

NekkiNekki Veteran
edited October 2014 in Providers

This was posted a while ago over at VPSBoard:

https://vpsboard.com/topic/5507-buyvm-announces-europe-anycast-ips-floating-ips-bandwidth-pooling/

So, LU VPS for $15 a year...

Comments

• Good one finally BUYVM EU VPS.

• Nice location, I must say. Congratulations to @Francisco and his staff.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Did they reveal already which DC it will be?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited October 2014

LU has only one DC/provider offered around :) Looks like this provider also start offer Singapore location with Unmetered 100 Mbps BW from 10EUR per month :0 DO smokes

• Looks amazing, finally I think I should try them out. Would be good for a BNC with this new ddos protection! @kcaj

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@linuxthefish said:
    Looks amazing, finally I think I should try them out. Would be good for a BNC with this new ddos protection! kcaj

We've had the 20gbit protection for a while :)

@fitvpn said:
    LU has only one DC/provider offered around :) Looks like this provider also start offer Singapore location with Unmetered 100 Mbps BW from 10EUR per month :0 DO smokes

Server.LU has been pretty straight forward with us on our needs. I was able to get a solid offer and have a bunch of gear waiting to be shipped.

As for the other goodies, those will be a bit to get settled but I wanted people to start thinking about if they wanted it as inventory in Europe may move quickly.

Francisco

• Ping to USA BuyVM is high for production use for me, and DDoS protected BNC/DNS in EU is what I need ;)

@linuxthefish said:
    Ping to USA BuyVM is high for production use for me, and DDoS protected BNC/DNS in EU is what I need ;)

Fair enough :)

We didn't want to do NL since everyone that does EU just does that -- it's boring.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

You are awesome!

• Anycast IP and bandwith pooling around three locations.

• God damn Varcoe, amazing design!

• @linuxthefish said:
    Looks amazing, finally I think I should try them out. Would be good for a BNC with this new ddos protection! kcaj

Should do when they launch!

• MrXMrX Member

Francisco said: We didn't want to do NL since everyone that does EU just does that -- it's boring.

Preach it!

• Francisco said: Server.LU has been pretty straight forward with us on our needs. I was able to get a solid offer and have a bunch of gear waiting to be shipped.

With RIPE IPs or your own?

• When is the launch?

• Sounds great. Any test IP yet? server.lu's IP or your own?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited October 2014

Francisco said: it's boring

Thanks.

Can't say I disagree, though.

• @Francisco You are really a trend setter.
    Starting with the $15/year package and now this?
    That's a quality service.
    Wish you all the best mate.

p.s. There are people in the past who used to work and play along with Francisco, I hope they would also come along with a quality service.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Francisco You are really a trend setter.
    Starting with the $15/year package and now this?
    That's a quality service.
    Wish you all the best mate.

p.s. There are people in the past who used to work and play along with Francisco, I hope they would also come along with a quality service.

Thank you :)

@mpkossen said:
    Can't say I disagree, though.

I'm kinda confused if you do disagree or your don't o_O

Either way, thanks everyone :) It'll be a busy weekend of development. I'll likely post some of the initial UI stuff on vpsboard in our stallion development thread once it's a little cleaner.

Francisco

@wlanboy said:
    Anycast IP and bandwith pooling around three locations.

Damn right ;) Pooling will probably be the last of the features to get rolled in due to the amount of annoying logic checks needed.

@wych said:
    When is the launch?

LU will be a couple weeks out. I got the shipping information today so the packages will go out sometime next week. Figure a week to get there and a few days for installion, configuration, etc.

Anycast, floating, & pooling, is upwards of a month out. The reason I announced things early is so users interested in namely anycast can order everything they want and be ready.

@ben78 said:
    Sounds great. Any test IP yet? server.lu's IP or your own?

http://lg.as5577.net/

@Rockster said:
    With RIPE IPs or your own?

We'll be using our own IP space. We'll have around a /20 going over there to start.

@george said:
    God damn Varcoe, amazing design!

They did a really awesome job on the new design. My design skills consist of what the current buyvm site is and while it was fine for a while it really needs a makeover.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • LeeLee Veteran

Server.lu is sound, really good service from those folks.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • $15/yr VPS in Luxembourg?

I don't need it, but I must have it.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish chrisp
  • Can't resist, need one :)

@W1V_Lee said:
    Server.lu is sound, really good service from those folks.

As I've said, its taken me a long time to pick a place but I finally found one I like :)

Francisco

Thanked by 2Lee Floris
  • server.lu is indeed great, used them for colo before and can't complain.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Gonna buy one even though I have no need for it. :)

@Jack said:
    mpkossen is from NL and you called it boring :-P

Fair enough ;)

I mean more so for 'new hosting locations'. It's very over done and nothing exciting. Normally when someone announces they're going to Europe it's some place in NL or OVH pretty much.

Francisco

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited October 2014

Have been with server.lu for few month and its been solid, doesn't notice any downtime or performance issue.

Will definitely try out with BuyVM when it's rolled out.

@johnlth93 said:
    Have been with server.lu for few month and its been solid, doesn't notice any downtime or performance issue.

Will definitely try out with BuyVM when it's rolled out.

No promises but we'll probably be pushing those 'high IP' plans in LU :)

May be of interest for you and other VPN companies. Server.LU's pricing on IP's isn't....friendly.

Francisco

• How good is Luxembourg to South East Asia? If it's negative, I must decline this.