Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

wych said: Makes sense; but you should do pre-orders ;)

I'm thinking about them for the anycast users.

If things go well I'll ship some more nodes over ASAP.

Francisco

• @Francisco I think they will.. I already had someone ask me to buy 2, just incase you run out of stock before they can purchase one.

@mikeyur said:
    Francisco I think they will.. I already had someone ask me to buy 2, just incase you run out of stock before they can purchase one.

ANNYYYYCAASSSTTTT

On another note I spent this evening writing mountains of jquery. Oh how I hate javascript.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • When you launch a new / novelty / etc. service the amount of initial orders is not important. The amount of renewals is important.
    Many people buy just because it's new and to run a benchmark and then decide they don't really have a use for one more server and leave it idle until the renewal date comes, then cancel it.

rds100 said: When you launch a new / novelty / etc. service the amount of initial orders is not important. The amount of renewals is important.

Many people buy just because it's new and to run a benchmark and then decide they don't really have a use for one more server and leave it idle until the renewal date comes, then cancel it.

For sure :)

Slow n' steady.

Francisco

• Francisco said: ANNYYYYCAASSSTTTT

Will this make you guys the cheapest Anycast + DDoS-protected Anycast providers out there? I think so..

Ooh. I'm excited.

@mikeyur said:
    Ooh. I'm excited.

There isn't any other anycast options on the market as of this post besides Rage4's setup. :)

Remember, ANYCAST ip's are free, filtering is $5/month more.

Oh the fun that'll be had.

Francisco

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited November 2014

:)

Will be interesting to get some feedback/testing of an anycast setup!

• Very exciting news. Cannot wait to capture one of these!

Since a bunch of you were interested in the new features, here's a quick peak into how we've structured it.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/35-stallion-2-pictures-and-daily-updates/?p=80161

It's simple and nothing super eye catching/fancy, but it should flow nicely.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Stacy
  • So Fran, when is the Luxembourg location going to be available?, I've been waiting for the past couple of weeks. Also, when is this anycast ip service/ip failover is going to be available?

• @Francisco I've a VPS with you. Can I move it to EU from NA (the current location)?

• @Francisco said:
    Since a bunch of you were interested in the new features, here's a quick peak into how we've structured it.

Just launch the damn thing already!

Thanked by 1Francisco
    edited November 2014

@godong said:
    So Fran, when is the Luxembourg location going to be available?, I've been waiting for the past couple of weeks. Also, when is this anycast ip service/ip failover is going to be available?

Well, we're more or less ready on LU but I don't want to dump it on Jessie & Aldryic's weekend so we'll do Monday pending something exploding everywhere. Anycast is pretty damn far, I figure we'll meet the December 1st deadline we had in mind.

@Devil said:
    Francisco I've a VPS with you. Can I move it to EU from NA (the current location)?

We're not doing transfers at this time until we get a good sizing on demand and such. For now we're just testing the waters and see what other things users are after. Anycast & such are big question marks since it isn't available in the market. No one knows what demand there is for it short of a single highly expensive provider.

For what it's worth, we'll likely give customers wanting anycast priority in stock.

Francisco

@wych said:
    Just launch the damn thing already!

Thanks for the love...I think?

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DevilDevil Member
    edited November 2014

Francisco said: We're not doing transfers at this time

It's al right. Hope to see you guys giving serious competition to @drserver and @vpsdime in personal storage vps segment now that you are in EU :-)

I've never been one to compete on price. They'll beat me on price since their main demographic is/was LE and such.

The anycast feature really changes things up. Suddenly you could have a storage in each DC w/ something like syncthing/btsync/gluster/ceph/etc, prop your data, and have a 250GB CDN w/ 7.5TB traffic pooled globally for just $21/month.

That's pretty freakin' sweet if you ask me.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Thanks for the love...I think?

Yes its love, im just impatient!

@Francisco said:
    The anycast feature really changes things up. Suddenly you could have a storage in each DC w/ something like syncthing/btsync/gluster/ceph/etc, prop your data, and have a 250GB CDN w/ 7.5TB traffic pooled globally for just $21/month.

It is, any way you spin it ;)

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @Francisco This is a special for you

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Francisco said: I've never been one to compete on price. They'll beat me on price since their main demographic is/was LE and such.

Francisco

Do anycast VMs come with 2 IPs? (One standard, one anycast) For something like BTSync to work between 3 VMs you'd need a non-anycast IP for them to communicate with each other.

edited November 2014

@kcaj said:
    Do anycast VMs come with 2 IPs? (One standard, one anycast) For something like BTSync to work between 3 VMs you'd need a non-anycast IP for them to communicate with each other.

All VM's, OpenVZ & KVM, are anycast capable. I'm working on adding a menu option where you can automatically assign anycast addresses to yourself (up to a cap as well as eligibility checks). The addresses will still have a marked parent VPS but it'll be automatically available for floating to any other VM's.

So yes, you get 1 standard and then X anycast IPV4's :)

Francisco

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

What's anycast?

• netomx said: What's anycast?

Traffic is routed to the closet server.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@kcaj said:

thx pal

2 lz 4 dat

• @kcaj said:

Are closet servers a new product line at BuyVM? :-)

• Amitz said: Are closet servers a new product line at BuyVM? :-)

Oo shit. Closest*

Thanked by 2Amitz Pwner
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2014

New BuyVM cage setup:

Now introducing: Trousercast!

@netomx said:
    What's anycast?

Anycast uses BGP to bring you to the closest server instead of something like GeoDNS which makes the assumption of geoIP lookups for the resolver that contacted it. The GeoDNS setup is really gimpy, though, especially if you use something like 4.2.2.1/8.8.8.8/openDNS, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx