Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited November 2014

@Francisco said:

'DAMITFRAN!'

• the wait is on..

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@kcaj said:

What, what'd I do this time??

Thanked by 1netomx
  • DarwinDarwin Member
    edited November 2014

I think selling a great product and cheap price is a valid reason to hate you :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco said:
    Francisco

just wait for black friday, it's gonna be cool!

I'll likely sell to current customers before then but then new ones will be later on.

Francisco

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2014

Francisco said: I'll likely sell to current customers before then but then new ones will be later on.

Good, now I can stop clicking refresh on your products page :D
    Yes, those twenty thousand extra hits you got was just me being impatient ...

@FrankZ said:

YOU MONSTER

Francisco

Thanked by 2FrankZ netomx
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2014

@Nekki said: Just ride the bantersaurus with us, let your troubles melt away...

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Launch on wednesday so we can get a black friday deal on top ;)

Nice one :P

Thanked by 1netomx

@hostnoob said:
    Nice one :P

On top? o_O

I've not submitted an offer to @mpkossen.

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: Wednesday launch :)

This isn't going to be one of those "here I am in my underwear at 2am, hanging out on #frantech so I can maybe possible be one of the lucky few to get a VPS" things is it...

Thanked by 1netomx

@raindog308 said:

well you're an active customer so no :)

Once the early bird special is over then yeah, you'll probably lose a limb.

Francisco

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Francisco are you still on track for anycast? What was it you said, a week after launch?

@trewq said:
    Francisco are you still on track for anycast? What was it you said, a week after launch?

Pretty well.

I have node side code to complete testing on but for the most part I can just generalize code I had written for KVM plans.

Front end is more or less done, just have to write a few extra functions to handle passing the new data to the nodes.

Francisco

Thanked by 2trewq FrankZ
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Francisco said: Pretty well.

Wonderful! I ordered two $15/year plans yesterday in your other locations in preparation.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited November 2014

@trewq said:

Glad to hear it :)

We're going ahead with the 'auto assign' setup we discussed on vpsboard. You'll be able to go to the networking tab of any VPS you want to 'own' the addresses, hit the cog, 'assign anycast addresses' and have at it. We'll allow 5 ip's to be assigned this way, past that you have to ticket and ask.

Francisco

• Francisco said: I'll likely sell to current customers before then but then new ones will be later on.

Will that be possible to order if one has an account with buyVM but currently no active service with you?

• @Francisco said:
    Wednesday Launch

[Alarm Set]

Thanked by 1netomx

@ben78 said:

That'd count as a new account.

Francisco

• @Francisco , i honestly think you should put up a Timer and have like a Midnight release or something. :)

@AutoSnipe said:
    Francisco , i honestly think you should put up a Timer and have like a Midnight release or something. :)

I don't think we'll sell it all out right away. If we do, i'll get some more sent off. :)

We got the whole shipping thing worked out pretty well. It's under 1 week now to get things over there from boxed -> arrival.

Francisco

• Francisco said: That'd count as a new account.

Ok, good to know as I'd have thought the other way as it had probably been verified when it was linked to a service.

Regarding your test IPs:

Filtered - 198.251.84.1
    Unfiltered - 107.189.0.1

Do you plan to offer geolocalisation to LU some day?

Also, few years back your IP space was registred in canada, just curious as the addres does report the company in Cheyenne, is Frantech currently registred in the US? (didn't follow much on how your company did evolve in the last few years, sorry if the question is dumb :))

Thanked by 1Francisco
    edited November 2014

We geolocated the IP's to the US.

We have pending geolocation changes already sent to all the major IP geo databases so it'll mark to Luxembourg soonish?

Francisco

Thanked by 1ben78
  • Sounds great!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • It will never really update for ARIN IPs as the issuer of the larger block (ARIN) writes the initial value (US) in their public registry - Maxmind will work but 90% of the other DBs won't.

Source: EDIS has a LOT of foreign locations with this setup, just with RIPE space

• William said: It will never really update for ARIN IPs as the issuer of the larger block (ARIN) writes the initial value (US) in their public registry

That would make the offer less interesting imo but well, I guess we will see how it goes in due time!

• For most people the geolocation wouldn't matter at all. The real network location and performance is what matters.

Thanked by 1FrankZ

Current customers can go ahead and throw in a ticket and we'll get you setup.

We'll have the stock posted fully a little later and we'll just cancel any orders that come in from new customers. I'm sorry if this comes off a little harsh, but there's no easy way to handle 'current customers first' types of signups :(

Francisco

• @Francisco when can new customers signup, or can we buy a US based service and then ticket in for LU?