Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location

Comments

• Ordered reseller in LU - Can i just do a fullbackup, FTP it over and import it? (plz no hurt, never use cpanel :))

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@wych said:
    Francisco nvm, just seen the pricing rules.

Actually those links don't violate even the old rules since it wasn't a direct link to the plans :)

@William - If you're wanting to move from LV we can just do a transfer for you if you ask nicely. Just put in a ticket, let the guys know.

Francisco

• @Francisco I was meaning to post in the new category, then I saw the price rules :(

• Here are some very generic tests I did on my OpenVZ, located in LU, a few days ago :]

I've already cancelled a bunch of more or less unused Vultr VPSes and will spend that money on BuyVM LU KVM based VPSes — in the near future...

I've got a few cool ideas in mind! Thanks for a great service.

Thanked by 2Francisco vimalware
  • XeiXei Member
    edited December 2014

BuyVM was never recommended over the other providers in the IRC chan when I got into VPS's like 2 yrs ago or so (they had various issues). But because they are still around I may give it a go depending on community feedback. I was just looking for INIZ in the top poll yesterday as I've been awol most the year... nope. Good thing I wait for ages before picking up a VPS.

I hope things go well with the LU, since I am planning on picking one up! I really wanted another reliable provider in EU at LEB pricing aside RamNode. I hardly do anything with my VPS's but I want the connectivity/uptime. :P

• @Francisco do you mind giving me a test ip?:)

edited December 2014

Xei said: BuyVM was never recommended over the other providers in the IRC chan when I got into VPS's like 2 yrs ago or so (they had various issues).

We wear our lumps and I admit when I make poor decisions in hardware purchases as well as what datacenters we work with :) A lot of improvements to the brand have been made in the past year, all at no cost to our customers nor any degrading of service. Networks have improved dramatically in that year (both quality & uptime/stability), pure SSD's were rolled out for a lot of our plans, CPU upgrades, etc.

You'd be hard pressed to find a provider at our price point that beats us on features even as of right now, nevermind the anycast, failover IP's, & bandwidth pooling that are days away from a rollout.

A lot of hate comes our way because we're strict to a fault when it comes to customer details. With that being said, there aren't many US/CA based providers that will defend their customers privacy & due diligence when the law knocks on their door.

Let me know if you have any concerns, questions, etc, and I'll happily go over them all. :)

trexos said: @Francisco do you mind giving me a test ip?:)

Francisco

Thanked by 1Xei
  • XeiXei Member
    edited December 2014

Thanks for the reply @Francisco
    I don't do anything that should ever cause the law to knock but it's nice to hear you defend customer privacy. I know next to nothing about that subject but wouldn't be surprised if it happens without just cause sometimes.

I believe the data center and hardware issues were what the majority of complaints were about back then. I appreciate your response and the fact you are working hard on the brand is great to hear. I am very much inclined to pick one up and will do so maybe in 1-2 months if there's any stock at that time after reviewing feedback.

I do want to support old providers in general since the new ones don't seem to ever last. Just the other day INIZ was top 3.. and now they're nowhere to be found... I was really intent on picking up a VPS the other night from them only to find they've tanked when it comes to community backing. :P

Great :) As I said, let me know.

Hosting is a tough business and you have to have a fairly large skill set and the right mentality to do it long term. I don't mean that as a pot shot at any one provider, it's just a mental & physical drain after doing it for a while.

I get why providers get out of it, even if the moneys good.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Xei
  • ztecztec Member
    edited December 2014

Nice! Shared hosting available.

A $0,70 invoice from 2 years a go is blocking my ordering though. I guess I ordered some yearly deal and never used it and didn't pay attention to. Stupid me.

@ztec said:
    Nice! Shared hosting available.

A $0,70 invoice from 2 years a go is blocking my ordering though. I guess I ordered some yearly deal and never used it and didn't pay attention to. Stupid me.

Ticket in, let Aldryic know, he'll clear you up.

You can also email [email protected] :)

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

• Created ticket, I'll wait.

Thanks!

• ztecztec Member
    edited December 2014

@Francisco Is it correct that softaculous isn't premium?

• @ztec said:
    Francisco Is it correct that softaculous isn't premium?

ha! just came here to ask the same question :)

• migration got all done by support, can't complain, speed is nice :)

@ztec said:
    Francisco Is it correct that softaculous isn't premium?
    @Leechum said:
    ha! just came here to ask the same question :)

I need to wait for Karen to get back from Vacation to order premium :P It'll be had very soon.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Ah great.

• one more question - it looks like both ns1 and ns2 are on the same subnet - is that intentional?

• @William said:
    migration got all done by support, can't complain, speed is nice :)

@Franisco said put in ticket to migrate, but the support told me they can't do it. What did u tell them that they have agreed to this?

• Got my $5/y shared migrated to LU and got a new 128 MB box in LU. If only you were providing at least an IPv6 on shared plans, that would've been awesome. It's still the best around, thanks @Francisco :)

• Got my $5/y shared migrated to LU and got a new 128 MB box in LU. If only you were providing at least an IPv6 on shared plans, that would've been awesome. It's still the best around, thanks @Francisco :)

Actually I just have to link over a /64 for it and it'll be available :)

We do IPV6 on LV shared already.

@Chalipa said:

His migration was for shared I think which is usually OK.

Francisco

• Planning any more stock for LV Reseller anytime soon?

• @Francisco said:
    Actually I just have to link over a /64 for it and it'll be available :)

We do IPV6 on LV shared already.

Really? I asked some time ago and Aldryic said that you don't do IPv6 at LV. Nevermind, I'm opening a ticket to get some. Thanks.

@AutoSnipe said:
    Planning any more stock for LV Reseller anytime soon?

Later this week early next week. I got a fairly big maintenance planned for the current LV shared nodes. Having to do some serious debugging on some performance degradation.
    Pretty sure I know what's acting up, though.

Francisco

Thanked by 1k0nsl

@introducial said:
    Really? I asked some time ago and Aldryic said that you don't do IPv6 at LV. Nevermind, I'm opening a ticket to get some. Thanks.

It's possible at the time we didn't have it setup but its been there for a while. I know Aldryic has enabled it for some people over the months :)

COME GET SOME.

Francisco

Thanked by 1berkay
  • @Francisco said:

:)

Any ETA on geolocation update?

@introducial said:
    Any ETA on geolocation update?

Between now and when the Sun runs out of hydrogen?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Better than never.

• Francisco said: Hosting is a tough business and you have to have a fairly large skill set and the right mentality to do it long term.

^That's the main part, the second part: sufficient capital, trusted partner, good upstream, good staff :)

Francisco said: For anyone serious about the anycast setup and has a bit of budget, we recommend they get 2 VPS' minimum in each location and use something like heartbeat/etc to failover the IP.

Should add this in your knowledgebase, @Francisco.