Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announce new goodies inc Luxembourg location

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    Should add this in your knowledgebase, Francisco.

I'll get it into the WIKI when I write the articles ;)

As for the support staff, it's true. If I wasn't best buddies (and were before they started with me) with all my workers, It'd feel like a job for me.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • justscheduledjustscheduled Member
    edited December 2014

Francisco said: A lot of hate comes our way because we're strict to a fault when it comes to customer details

EDIT

Sure, that'll start a sa- shitstorm too.

Francisco

• @Francisco will lv reseller be available again? and do you guys offer internal whmcs license?

@akz said:
    Francisco will lv reseller be available again? and do you guys offer internal whmcs license?

Yes, no.

LV resellers should be available next week. With the maintenance i'm doing on lv-shared01 tomorrow, I'll also be adding additional drives so we can get nightly backups enabled and storing locally.

Francisco

Thanked by 1akz
  • SmirSmir Member
    edited December 2014

What are people using there $15/year servicesfor?

• @Smir: Backup MX and secondary NS :)

godong said: @Smir: Backup MX and secondary NS :)

Anycast DNS? :3

Francisco

Thanked by 1ElChile
  • @Francisco you're saying Anycast is ready? Seems like I'm behind again ... x(

@godong said:
    Francisco you're saying Anycast is ready? Seems like I'm behind again ... x(

Very close.

I got all the node side code done last night. I have a tiny bit more in stallion as well as some changes to provisioning but past that it's more or less done.

Francisco

• @Francisco cool, looks like another $15 will go out of my pocket soon ...

@godong said:
    Francisco cool, looks like another $15 will go out of my pocket soon ...

I'll be committing the code this weekend most likely. I got a little bit of testing on the network side but that's pretty easy.

I figure in 2 weeks we'll have anycast IPV6 ready as well :)

Francisco

• Francisco said: Actually I just have to link over a /64 for it and it'll be available :)

@Francisco: do we just need to wait and the IPv6 will appear in cpanel or is it necessary to open a ticket?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:
    I figure in 2 weeks we'll have anycast IPV6 ready as well :)

With full /64 ranges?

@trewq said:
    With full /64 ranges?

I wasn't planning on it, was going to just do single IP allocations.

The problem is I'd have to make it so users could have multiple /64's. It wouldn't be hard, it'd just be a lot more generalizing :)

Feedback?

Francisco

@ben78 said:

Francisco: do we just need to wait and the IPv6 will appear in cpanel or is it necessary to open a ticket?

We'll just assign all current accounts addresses.

cPanel's IPV6 setup is really pathetic though. They don't have automatic assignments for addresses so it requires us to go in and manually do it. There isn't a shell script we can wrap to automate it either.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Wasn't it forbidden to carry ARIN IPs outside of the ARIN service area?

@kerouac said:

Loads of people do it. As far as I'm aware the entity using the IPs just needs to be located in the ARIN zone.

@Francisco said:
    Feedback?

Single IPs are fine if that's what's easier for you. Better to have something than nothing.

Was only asking because a /64 is supposed to be the end user assignment but I guess not many here do it properly anyway.

trewq said: Single IPs are fine if that's what's easier for you. Better to have something than nothing.

Was only asking because a /64 is supposed to be the end user assignment but I guess not many here do it properly anyway.

I'll chew on it once I sit down.

Ideally I'd like to add an option so users could change their allocations into a routed /64 and such.

Francisco

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited December 2014

I would prefer a /64 for IPv6 Anycast too, as I'm already using a /64 for each VPS. However if that should be too complicated, single IPs are also fine.

EDIT: Or how about one single, bigger subnet? (like /56) so that customers can assign /64 to Anycast and single VPS?

@NeoXiD said:
    I would prefer a /64 for IPv6 Anycast too, as I'm already using a /64 for each VPS. However if that should be too complicated, single IPs are also fine.

EDIT: Or how about one single, bigger subnet? (like /56) so that customers can assign /64 to Anycast and single VPS?

I'll chew on it some and come up with a good compromise :)

If you're a part of VPSBoard, I got an active development thread going on over there where I source feedback on ideas/changes. I always appreciate all feedback, be it good or bad.

Francisco

• Sure, I wasn't even expecting anycast for IPv6 until I saw your post. My experience is that IPv6 often gets neglected. What about IPv6 floating IPs though, same date as for IPv6 anycast? My idea about subnetting was just inspired by Online.net, they give one larger subnet to each cuatomer and then their clients can mess around and create additional /64 subnets, to route them to individual servers.

I'll register on VPSBoard and keep an eye on your development activities, if I should find the thread somewhere. Stallion rocks!

Floating/failover IPV6 will be in this coming commit, along side V4 anycast :)

You'll also be able to failover your internal IP address.

Francisco

• Awesome! :) Can Anycast IPs be routed to both public and private floating IPs? My guess would be that only public ones are supported, but I'm not sure.

NeoXiD said: Awesome! :) Can Anycast IPs be routed to both public and private floating IPs? My guess would be that only public ones are supported, but I'm not sure.

Actually that was requested by one of our customers. They want us to have anycast'd local IP addresses, that way they can have a single unison configuration between all of their nodes, making it easy to setup SQL servers.

It's for sure on the TODO list, might even see it during the V6 anycast ;) If not, early January.

Francisco

• Francisco said: cPanel's IPV6 setup is really pathetic though. They don't have automatic assignments for addresses so it requires us to go in and manually do it. There isn't a shell script we can wrap to automate it either.

Can't you code something to automate the process?

Anyway, any ETA on that?

Good luck & thx

ben78 said: Can't you code something to automate the process?

Anyway, any ETA on that?

Good luck & thx

No since they don't have it anywhere in their API or even in shell scripts.

Normally cpanel has all their stuff in /scripts so we could easily wrap it and just use a cron to handle it but that isn't the case here.

Francisco

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

trewq said: Loads of people do it. As far as I'm aware the entity using the IPs just needs to be located in the ARIN zone.

When applying for additional IP space, ARIN requires the following:

"Please reply and verify that you will be using the requested number resources within the ARIN region and announcing all routing prefixes of the requested space from within the ARIN region. In accordance with section 2.2 of the NRPM, ARIN issues number resources only for use within its region."

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Maybe they have legacy space.