Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Chris SCAM / AvanteHosting / Centarra Refusal ship of our HW

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2014

@clamhost I just want to point out one thing here, to you. You opened this thread thinking it would be damaging to Centarra, however, the only host in this thread that I would never do business with, IS YOU.

You have horrible business practices airing your dirty laundry in public. Any professional business would have already sent someone on location (or contracted someone to show up on location and do so for you) and have them package and ship the servers for you to their new destination. Unfortunately it seems like you are neither a professional or someone who has enough capital and common sense to be in this business, especially if you are sitting here and nit picking over commonly charged fees like you are being asked to pay by Centarra.

If anything I think you ruined any business possibility from the whole LET crowd about this point. I know one thing for sure, I will never personally do any business with you, because honestly, I don't think you have any idea what you are doing, know how to run a business or anything about public relations (advertising) and how these things effect your business.

By opening this thread you not only threw away the money needed to get your servers back, but any advertising you have done on this forum is now absolutely worthless.

You created a lose, lose situation for your self, congrats!

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2Pwner Wintereise
  • I'm sorry, but what is this thread about?

Thanked by 1perennate
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said:
    You should give this to your mom so she can call his mom.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

• I think the whole issue is that the OP's mom grounded him and isn't giving him any allowance money until he gets the servers back which was purchased with his moms credit card without her permission.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited August 2014

TheLinuxBug said: If anything I think you ruined any business possibility from the whole LET crowd about this point. I know one thing for sure, I will never personally do any business with you, because honestly, I don't think you have any idea what you are doing, know how to run a business or anything about public relations (advertising) and how these things effect your business.

I'm sorry to inform you we do not need the LET Community to advertise we sell our products at $10 per 1GB and get enough sales thanks. Plus we been running perfectly for over a year without even involving our company in this community.

We made this thread because ChrisK cannot get away with scamming people. Like he has done with ClamHost over the past couple of months. Take this for example they gave us the run around in regards to memory in a rented machine. It only had 40GB out of the advertised 48GB they told us oh it will be replaced on Monday but never did it and kept using the excuse of oh we are ordering additional memory.

Their network is also oversold and has awful performance sometimes, while downloading files causing a lot of tickets to come in from new clients asking why they are only getting 10-20KB/sec... You say that we know nothing about this industry, however you are completely wrong we live and breathe ClamHost.

edited August 2014

@clamhost Let me sum this up for you in a way you might understand.

Any sympathy that existed for you flew out the door right after you insulted this whole community in your last reply:

clamhost said: I'm sorry to inform you we do not need the LET Community to advertise we sell our products at $10 per 1GB and get enough sales thanks. Plus we been running perfectly for over a year without even involving our company in this community.

Yet, you continue to drone on after we have already told you our opinions and that most educated people would have already resolved this by going there in person to handle the issue. You seem to fail to grasp this idea and continue to think that the drivel you post will change our minds (it won't).

The only one who looks like the asshole here is you because you continue to dig a hole, that already has you in over your head, deeper and deeper. Why you can not understand this is beyond me.

Go ahead, continue to drag your company name through the mud, you do realize that this will be cataloged on Google right? At the end of the day, you look like the fool here, regardless of what you say.

Cheers!

edited August 2014

TheLinuxBug said: @clamhost Let me sum this up for you in a way you might understand.
    Any sympathy that existed for you flew out the door right after you insulted this whole community in your last reply:

Yet the whole LET Community bash us because we made a thread to expose someone scamming us. It's the same as if we did this to someone else they'd be making a thread and you would all be bashing ClamHost regardless.

I actually got a comment moments ago from someone who is not even involved in the Hosting Industry, even turned around and said that your comments are out of order.

For the simple fact that we opened the thread to try to get our hardware back because we are a hosting company who rely on providers like Centarra or Psychz to do the work that we cannot psychically do. Not everyone can drive 5 hours, some of us have obligations.

We have spent 6-7x over our monthly budget due to Centarra having to purchase additional hardware that we don't need but require due to our hardware sitting around at Centarra. It's completely unacceptable.

I don't see how we are in the wrong here when ChrisK has tried every possible thing he can do to delay shipping our hardware. Anyway our above post was not intended to insult the LET Community but to state that we are not a budget provider. To be honest Chris insults the LET Community, by conducting dishonest business, in fact he's even insulted LET over IRC before.

edited August 2014

clamhost said: I actually got a comment moments ago from someone who is not even involved in the Hosting Industry a, even turned around and said that your comments are out of order. For the simple fact that we opened the thread to try to get our hardware back because we are a hosting company who rely on providers like Centarra or Psychz to do the work that we cannot psychically do. Not everyone can drive 5 hours, some of us have obligations.

If you were a professionally run company, you wouldn't have to even come to this forum to bitch about your poor judgement on hosts and how you can't seem to deal well with your provider. Most would have done exactly as I and some others had said, they would either go there them selves or pay someone to go their on their behalf and retrieve the servers.

Hell, I don't even use Centarra or have any relation with them what so ever, but I can tell you if I had to deal with close to 1/3 of the stuff you have put in this thread, I would have already had someone at their front door to retrieve my stuff and there would be no need for a thread like this and to air my dirty laundry in the public eye. It would have been handled the first day, period. I wouldn't have even bothered with all the tickets and drama you allowed your self and your company to create and participate in. Overall you are just devaluing your own brand and showing your lack of ability to deal with issues in a calm and professional manner. Instead, you have chosen to run and cry to people in a community which you have no respect for (per your last few replies).

I got news for you, the world is a harsh place and if you failed to deal with this issue in a professional and mature way, I can't wait until this happens to you again, history repeats its self for those who do not learn from their past. Here in lies the exact reason I would never do business with you. If you can not even understand how your actions here have tarnished your company name and brand, then well, you don't deserve any sympathy.

This will be my last reply and my hope is maybe you would read it and actually take it to heart instead of continuing to act like a 10 year old that didn't get their way.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

maybe you are not wrong, but something up there is missing and causing you to not make the best decision for your business by resolving this issue quickly so you did not have to spend 6-7x your monthly budget.

edited August 2014

@hbjlee17 said:
    maybe you are wrong, but something up there is missing and causing you to not make the best decision for your business by resolving this issue quickly so you did not have to spend 6-7x your monthly budget.

Again if we did spend a few $100 it would be a waste because Chris would deny us access or it would not be done at the specific date that we would require. we have gone over budget because we expected them to ship our Hardware out by now. as any legitimate colocation provider would do.

You deal with ChrisK and his shady business tactics and you would be the same as we are. worried to even ask him to do something. Because even IPv4 Allocations can take several days and even simple little tasks that take our new provider 10-20 minutes to do would take Centarra awhile. so that is why we moved.

KVM hookup = 1 week

edited August 2014

TheLinuxBug said: If you were a professionally run company, you wouldn't have to even come to this forum to bitch about your poor judgement on hosts and how you can't seem to deal well with your provider. Most would have done exactly as I and some others had said, they would either go there them selves or pay someone to go their on their behalf and retrieve the servers.

Ok so sure you have zero involvement with Chris, yet that is exactly the same words that he has used several times over and over again. We don't care about your bias opinion, so please stop posting your pointless comments.

Just because we have moved from OVH to Centarra to another provider, has nothing to do with the relationship with our providers, but due to the fact that we had no choice.

As to put it into simple terms OVH is not suitable for our business.

Neither is Centarra because they stopped us from growing for several months as we could not deploy any additional VPS nodes as they kept refusing to rack hardware for us. and moaning over the most simplest thing. Yet we was the one paying them the money. without failure we never had a Late Payment and always prepaid several months on anything we purchased from them.

So are we honestly not allowed to be annoyed after the way that Centarra has ripped our Business apart with their slow response times. and horrible service in General.

• I got sick of reading about half way through the third page.

Contact Chris, ask for the ALL fees he wants to ship the servers immediately, if they're reasonable pay them. If he asks for more money between now and when your servers are shipped go get a lawyer and take him to court. I really don't see how this is hard to understand.

You seem desperate to get away from them, throw money at the issue so you can get back to 'growing your business' and just chalk it up as a loss. Surely the amount of time you've spent complaining, in talks with Chris and making posts on this site has wasted more of your time. If you charged a fee for you're time it'd probably be more than you've ever needed to spend to get your servers away from them.

edited August 2014

@Umcookies said:
    I got sick of reading about half way through the third page.

Contact Chris, ask for the ALL fees he wants to ship the servers immediately, if they're reasonable pay them. If he asks for more money between now and when your servers are shipped go get a lawyer and take him to court. I really don't see how this is hard to understand.

Thank you that is exactly what we need to do I do agree.

There is no choice but to have ChrisK pack it all and pay what ever he tries to bill us, as we have no other option here. Local Pickup is impossible because we pay someone $200-500 to drive down to get the hardware. Imagine if we paid someone $200+ for that person to get there and Chris does not even have the hardware ready. That just consumes funds that could go towards paying our bills or investing into additional hardware. So no it is not worth it for us to spend $200-500 to get it back on a immediate basis, because it is not that vital to ClamHost now as Psychz have gone ahead and lent us the hardware (parts) to build out several barebones as replacement for the hardware that they held hostage. We had no other choice. At least FedEx charges reasonable fees for pickup.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2014

@ChrisK said:
    Yes we were not going to ship anything else out until we got our SSD back...

I'd like to see the clause in the contract that states you can hold client equipment because you screwed up. I'm not sure how exactly one mistakes a SSD for an HDD, especially a trained DC tech but I know if this was me I would be keeping your SSD or sending you a nice bill to ship it out.

@clamhost STOP POSTING!!!! Pay whatever fee you have to, get your shit shipped ASAP(i.e Tomorrow/Today) and hire a lawyer. Posting all of this shit in a public forum will hurt your chances of a legal remedy.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited August 2014

Merged with an older thread of same topic

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • MunMun Member

ChrisK said: @Mun Take this review as you wish, however this would be the first negative review Centarra has had.

Maybe here on LET, but there has been a ton of talk about your company and how you run it.

Thanked by 1tomsfarm
  • ding-dong

Could the parents of Chris and the parents of Thomas please come to Småland. Your children want to be picked up.

ding-dong

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    ding-dong

Could the parents of Chris and the parents of Thomas please come to Småland. Your children want to be picked up.

ding-dong

Like the IKEA reference :)

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited August 2014

ChrisK still does not want to ship out our Hardware he has blocked our Ticket Access and any way to communicate with him. So I guess it seems slim that we will even get back the Hardware that he has.

As we are trying to pay him more funds to prepare the servers for a fedex pickup on Tuesday or Wednesday. so without anyway to communicate via ticket as he has locked out our Billing Account with Active Services. So ChrisK please reinstate the account so we can communicate about the fedex pickup.

• So pay it and get it over with! Drive to go get it or have your mommy drive you!

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    So pay it and get it over with! Drive to go get it or have your mommy drive you!

Please explain how it is possible to do anything when all communication has been blocked.

• It is possible. You look up the address of the place your hardware is located at (it can be found right on their website) and then hop in your car. A few hours later, you'll be at their door. Then you can sort your issues out in person or call the local cops on them for theft of your property or whatever you want.

• edited August 2014

Show up on their door step on Tuesday and get your hardware! Simple call them! You'll probably bitching about the another 50 dollars but is your hardware worth more than a mere 50 dollars? There is always a resolution to the matter instead you came here going off on a rant and made the SITUATION even worse for your company. Sorry I feel bad but you and your business partner brought a lot of this on yourselves. Both companies lack any kind of professionalism in this thread actually. Both companies involved are acting like kids in elementary school that are running them. Time to grow up and handle this situation like a adult.

Thanked by 2netomx TheLinuxBug
  • Pay me $50 and I'll go get it for you. Jesus.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited August 2014

I'm going to give my two cents here, both parties are in fault, but actually having read everything i actually think that clamhost are the scammers here and not Chris... Chris did a few mistakes but he has NOT scammed anyone, clamhost are just whinning - quit whinning GET IN THE CAR and PICKUP the servers - END OF STORY

PS: Can the mods just close this thread? it serves absolutely no purpose... and also ban clamhost.

Thanked by 2netomx TheLinuxBug
  • wychwych Member

Just drive and pick your servers up already, as rds said if he is a dick you can deal with it in person.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited August 2014

Chris... dont be a W...r... just ship out the hardware..... The longer this thread grows... the worse it is going to get for the your reputation of you / your brand...

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited August 2014

@ez2uk said:

Chris... dont be a W...r... just ship out the hardware..... The longer this thread grows... the worse it is going to get for the your reputation of you / your brand...

I don't think so, the thread only shows me that the owner of clamhost is a whiny bitch.

Thanked by 2TheLinuxBug hostnoob
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

What I read here is nothing but posts by people having problems working stuff out as adults (could it be because they aren't adults?).

Stop writing messages to eachother, call and work out the differences so this charade can end.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • Please, buy a cheap vps, maybe a LES, install there a nginx server and setup a small forum software. Open one and only thread with title Clamhost against centarra battle and continue this childish "conversation" there, letting LET after 8 (!!!) pages in this thread to continue to a newer drama.

Or else, get a room!

This discussion has been closed.