Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 31
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said:
    Can't compare Singlehop to OVH...

neither those prices.

Thanked by 1earl
  • nimdynimdy Member

Ok, so I gave in and picked up an i3 :)

• J1021J1021 Member

nimdy said: Ok, so I gave in and picked up an i3 :)

Seen your post on the Kimsufi forum asking for support, there is no support at weekends.

• nimdynimdy Member

@1e10 said:
    Seen your post on the Kimsufi forum asking for support, there is no support at weekends.

Thought that was probably the case. It was also my way of 'bumping' the thread up the page a little for when they do get to have a look on Monday :p

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited May 2014

In SMART Status Report:

Raw Read Error Rate 59229344
    Seek Error Rate 1070780

Does it mean that my drive have encourted errors ? I'm confused here...

The drive have only 155 powers hours

Fred

Edit:
    But I also see this:

Num Test_Description Status Remaining LifeTime(hours) LBA_of_first_error

1 Short offline Completed without error 00% 155 -SMART Error Log Version: 1

No Errors Logged

• J1021J1021 Member

FredQc said: The drive have only 155 powers hours

A hard drive can fail at any time.

Go to the Kimsufi forum and complete the tests there and then post your results.

• joshinjoshin Member

It's not a big deal & can happen if the drive is writing when the machine is reset or powered down.

Reallocated Sectors is a much better indicator of drive problems.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

FredQc said: Raw Read Error Rate 59229344

Seek Error Rate 1070780

That's absolutely normal for Seagate SMART, you can just ignore those two attributes.

• finally got windows 2012 running on my atom box, thanks @joodle for his iso. just a note i tried to use win 2008 r2 msdn iso to prep for the slipstreamed installer and that didn't seem to work, i was able to create the gz file and send it to the atom box but the server refused to boot up after

• earlearl Member

ks-2 is stock if anyone is interested

• Sent my docs 23/5 and today I get "Error:
    This order has expired " What has happened?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited June 2014

@enfield said:
    Sent my docs 23/5 and today I get "Error:
    This order has expired " What has happened?

Your order has expired, simply order again and the VAT will be removed (if applicable) and you will be approved.

• OVH is slow, i'm still waiting for my €29.98 refund (order denied for nobody knows what, they're not telling the reason)

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

My box just disappeared :(

My monitoring says it is offline, can't SSH/HTTP into it... Yet their panel says it's up.
    Just tried rebooting and still unable to actually communicate with it :(

• @BluBoy made any recent changes to iptables /firewall?

• What port should be open in firewall for the monitoring in kimsufi panel?
    I use centos 6.5

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, just look at the traffic and you will know, disable all firewall and start capture packets.

• EdouardEdouard Member
    edited June 2014

@skyhost said:
    What port should be open in firewall for the monitoring in kimsufi panel?
    I use centos 6.5

Written in French at the end of this page : http://guide.ovh.com/FireWall

UDP 6100:6200 INPUT and OUTPUT

• nimdynimdy Member

Anyone here running Plex in a Windows VM using Proxmox? I've got it all set up but I cannot get it to see the outside world on port 32400.

I thought this iptables rule would be enough:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 32400 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.0.1:32400

• @nimdy said:
    Anyone here running Plex in a Windows VM using Proxmox? I've got it all set up but I cannot get it to see the outside world on port 32400.

I thought this iptables rule would be enough:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 32400 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.0.1:32400

specify the port in during plex configuration by enter it in the port number box.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If I remember correct plex will also only answer to localhost or inside the same subnet by default.
    Had the same issue when I installed mine (using debian).

• BluBoyBluBoy Member
    edited June 2014

xDutchy said: @BluBoy made any recent changes to iptables /firewall?

No changes have been made

... So I tried rebuilding, and although i can ssh to it again, they haven't emailed out the password, so I can't actually do anything with it!
    Should not have underestimated the value to a KVM and/or proper support!

• PandoGulfPandoGulf Veteran
    edited June 2014

Guys! OVH just added KS5 and KS6 check it out http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

Thanked by 2rm_ earl

PandoGulf said: OVH just added KS4 and KS5 check it out http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

New ones are KS5 and KS6; but yeah. Also a nice redesign.

One more important change: the KS2 now has a worse CPU than KS1. But I am somewhat relieved to see they didn't touch the KS1 itself, no spec or price change on that one.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • nimdynimdy Member

@PandoGulf said:
    Guys! OVH just added KS4 and KS5 check it out http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/

And prettied up their website too. The UK version has the new products but old site. I guess that'll be updated soon too.

Also looks like the KS2 has been downgraded. Wasn't it the N2800 but with 4gb ram / 1tb hdd? Now it seems to be the D425 Atom. That's older isn't it?

edited June 2014

nimdy said: Also looks like the KS2 has been downgraded. Wasn't it the N2800 but with 4gb ram / 1tb hdd? Now it seems to be the D425 Atom. That's older isn't it?

All correct. And quite surprising to see, in my opinion the KS2 was already a lousy offer compared to both KS1 and KS3, also not their most popular one, as it was quite often in stock for prolonged periods; and now they decided to make it even worse.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • sc754sc754 Member

@nimdy said:
    Also looks like the KS2 has been downgraded. Wasn't it the N2800 but with 4gb ram / 1tb hdd? Now it seems to be the D425 Atom. That's older isn't it?

Yeah they downgraded the cpu, wish they would start selling some celeron J1900's

• sc754sc754 Member

@rm_ said:
    All correct. And quite surprising to see, in my opinion the KS2 was already a lousy offer compared to both KS1 and KS3, also not their most popular one, as it was quite often in stock for prolonged periods; and now they decided to make it even worse.

A decent dual core celeron or pentium would be better placed at the 9.99 euro mark than a poor atom cpu like the d425

• AmitzAmitz Member

Ha...! An i7-920 for 24,99€... I still remember that I paid 350 USD each month for that same type of server some year ago at Gigenet in Chicago. However, I would never touch desktop instead of server hardware again. But it is astounding to see how prices for dedicated servers dropped in the last years...

• akzakz Member

havent seen a restock of the 4.99 in a while now.