Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 28
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

hostnoob said: Should try get one in their MTL DC instead

Atoms are not available in Canada (at all), and with Core i3/i5 there's nothing to "try", they're now in stock pretty much all day.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @rm_ said:
    Atoms are not available in Canada (at all), and with Core i3/i5 there's nothing to "try", they're now in stock pretty much all day.

Ah, I thought Atoms were in stock sometimes for BHS

• GunterGunter Member

@rm_ said:

I have an atom in BHS.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@darknyan said:
    I have an atom in BHS.

You're a lucky one then, they told me to do one when I ordered one :-(

• @darknyan said:
    I have an atom in BHS.

An Atom in BHS would be fabulous. Much like @rm_ I didn't think they were available, mostly due to costs here in Canada compared to France. But if they are, like @darknyan said, I'm going to keep my eye open! The speedtest to BHS comes back with a 21ms ping and pretty much caps out my 50Mbps connection. RBX pings with 201ms and around 30Mbps sustained download. (Which personally, I didn't think was all that bad!) For 5 Euros a month, I'm not complaining! Plex can transcode files for playing on the Roku and I'm not going to get suspended for abuse.

darknyan said: I have an atom in BHS.

From this current Kimsufi lineup? Sorry if I wasn't specific enough. There was an Atom deal (at 120 EUR/year, with 2TB disk) couple of years ago in BHS, maybe you have that one?

• GunterGunter Member

@rm_ said:
    From this current Kimsufi lineup? Sorry if I wasn't specific enough. There was an Atom deal (at 120 EUR/year, with 2TB disk) couple of years ago in BHS, maybe you have that one?

I have 2. The special and the new 5 euro one.

edited May 2014

darknyan said: The special and the new 5 euro one.

Well this is interesting. Earlier they said the 5 EUR ones are not available in BHS.
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/567793/#Comment_567793

• enfieldenfield Member

how long do the friggin validation process take? been a week already

• It usually takes a few hours or a day.

I wish I'd put my hand on one of those 5euro KS-1 in BHS to play with. To bad they don't sell them anymore. :)

• i submitted the docs in May 8th... didnt hear anything yet

Thanked by 1netomx
  • nimdynimdy Member

Could someone with a Kimsufi do a ping6 to google.com or a traceroute to ipv6.google.com? My box cant reach the server and I'm not sure if it is something I have done (configuring Proxmox)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2014

You can use another IP from the /64 as rm_ has shown. It is probably the bridge which got misconfigured, just add a VM and give it an IPv6, put the connection on the bridge and test.

• nimdynimdy Member

@Maounique said:
    You can use another IP from the /64 as rm_ has shown. It is probably the bridge which got misconfigured, just add a VM and give it an IPv6, put the connection on the bridge and test.

I'll have a go. Can't reach ipv6 from the host either so it's probably my config

It should work even if the host is not IPv6 capable. It is a bridge.

• nimdynimdy Member
    edited May 2014

@Maounique said:
    It should work even if the host is not IPv6 capable. It is a bridge.

I can ping6 and it looks up the address (lhr14s21-in-x03.1e100.net) but doesn't actually do the pinging...

root@abigail:~# ping6 google.com PING google.com(lhr14s21-in-x03.1e100.net) 56 data bytes

This is in both containers and the Proxmox host.

• @nimdy said:
    Could someone with a Kimsufi do a ping6 to google.com or a traceroute to ipv6.google.com? My box cant reach the server and I'm not sure if it is something I have done (configuring Proxmox)

From RBX:

ping6 google.com
    PING google.com(lhr14s22-in-x02.1e100.net) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from lhr14s22-in-x02.1e100.net: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=12.6 ms

It means the dns works, are you sure you setup the IPs on the bridge and not on eth0?

• earlearl Member

for the containers you probably need to add ipv6 DNS just use google public dns, you can do it directly from the proxmox web gui

2001:4860:4860::8888

• J1021J1021 Member

How much do these Atom servers actually cost to buy? I.e. the hardware including HDD, RAM etc.

From what I see, the dns works, that is not the problem.

• nimdynimdy Member

@Maounique said:
    From what I see, the dns works, that is not the problem.

Not sure what I've done then. I used this tutorial - http://mmaton.com/2014/02/ipv6-only-proxmox-ct/

Post your /etc/network/interfaces.

• nimdynimdy Member
    edited May 2014

@Maounique said:
    Post your /etc/network/interfaces.

This is the interfaces file for the Proxmox host:

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
    # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# for Routing
    auto vmbr1
    iface vmbr1 inet manual
            post-up /etc/pve/kvm-networking.sh
            bridge_ports dummy0
            bridge_stp off
            bridge_fd 0

# vmbr0: Bridging. Make sure to use only MAC adresses that were assigned to you.
    auto vmbr0
    iface vmbr0 inet static
    pre-up iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.rules
            address 5.39.91.XXX
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            network 5.39.91.0
            broadcast 5.39.91.255
            gateway 5.39.91.254
            bridge_ports eth0
            bridge_stp off
            bridge_fd 0

iface vmbr0 inet6 static
            address 2001:41D0:8:XXXX::1
            netmask 64
            post-up /sbin/ip -f inet6 route add 2001:41D0:8:XXXX:ff:ff:ff:ff dev vmbr0
            post-up /sbin/ip -f inet6 route add default via 2001:41D0:8:XXXX:ff:ff:ff:ff
            pre-down /sbin/ip -f inet6 route del default via 2001:41D0:8:XXXX:ff:ff:ff:ff
            pre-down /sbin/ip -f inet6 route del 2001:41D0:8:XXXX:ff:ff:ff:ff dev vmbr0

auto vmbr0:0
    iface vmbr0:0 inet static
            address 192.168.4.1
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            network 192.168.4.0
            broadcast 192.168.4.255

This is the interfaces file for one of my Debian 7 containers:

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# Auto generated venet0 interface
    auto venet0
    iface venet0 inet manual
            up ifconfig venet0 up
            up ifconfig venet0 127.0.0.2
            up route add default dev venet0
            down route del default dev venet0
            down ifconfig venet0 down

iface venet0 inet6 manual
            up ifconfig venet0 add 2001:41d0:8:XXXX::100/64
            down ifconfig venet0 del 2001:41d0:8:XXXX::100/64
            up route -A inet6 add default dev venet0
            down route -A inet6 del default dev venet0

auto venet0:0
    iface venet0:0 inet static
            address 192.168.4.100
            netmask 255.255.255.255
  • @nimdy said:

Wrap that up with < pre>< /pre> tags (remove spaces), easier to read.

edited May 2014

I see you have no IPv6 on the container, I suggest you use bridged (veth) configuration for the container as opposed to routed (venet) one which will give you an interface seen as eth0 inside the container. Then you can control it from inside and has other advantages for advanced networking. Also, you have a lot of stuff you dont need there.

• @tridinebandim said:
    i submitted the docs in May 8th... didnt hear anything yet

My validation took about 2 weeks. I received an email about 10 days after submitting saying "we have the docs, we will validate you in a while". About 3 days after that I received "you're validated, no more VAT, sorry we can't give you back what you already paid". About 2 days after that I received "credit notice, 3Euros". 4 Hours later I received an email from PayPal "OVH Refund of 3 Euros". No idea what's going on, but hey, I'll take it.

• nimdynimdy Member

``> @Maounique said:

I see you have no IPv6 on the container, I suggest you use bridged (veth) configuration for the container as opposed to routed (venet) one which will give you an interface seen as eth0 inside the container. Then you can control it from inside and has other advantages for advanced networking. Also, you have a lot of stuff you dont need there.

Hi Maounique. I've tidied up my post above and added both the host and a container interfaces file to compare.

• J1021J1021 Member

When I signed up I paid using my debit card. In the future when I renew can I pay using PayPal?

• In the regular OVH panel you can switch from CC to PayPal or the other way. You can just add payment methods.