Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• J1021J1021 Member

earl said: Not sure if weathermap is in real time, but from the looks of it BHS is the way to go..

http://weathermap.ovh.net/beauharnois-1

Looks like something at BHS is pretty congested.

I think the weathermap is real time though, some of the maps/images have a time stamp on them and usually within 5 minutes. You can also use the link below to check on racks in the DC if you're server down.

http://status.ovh.co.uk/vms/

Thanked by 1earl
  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited May 2014

Here is a link to the Windows 2012 DC edition compiled with virtio driver for those who wants to give it a try:
    [Removed, seems to have a problem]

Disclaimer: I haven't got a chance to test it out yet but it seems to boot up for me.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2014

earl said: it's just the standard freevps test.. these are two that seems to be having issues..

Was it too difficult to run 2 or 4 traceroutes (or better, mtr's)? You're quick to post that "RBX4 is having issues", while this might be not OVH's fault whatsoever, but e.g. failing load-balancing by some carrier further on the route.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member

zhuanyi said: Here is a link to the Windows 2012 DC edition compiled with virtio driver for those who wants to give it a try:

Thanks! downloading it now (although a little slow seems the server is only 100Mbps)

• J1021J1021 Member

TarZZ92 said: Thanks! downloading it now (although a little slow seems the server is only 100Mbps)

The Kimsufi servers are connected at 100Mb/s, unless you're talking about whatever server is hosting this file.

• J1021J1021 Member

I think I read somewhere that they use by default 10Gb/s links, so that would be 4 x 10Gb/s links saturated by a DDoS.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited May 2014

Well this is weird.

root@ns3282823:~# traceroute files.good4the.net traceroute to files.good4the.net (108.162.197.244), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 vss-9b-6k.fr.eu (5.39.95.252) 0.706 ms * * 2 rbx-g2-a9.fr.eu (178.33.100.75) 0.737 ms 1.072 ms 1.047 ms 3 ams-5-6k.nl.eu (94.23.122.190) 72.719 ms ams-5-6k.nl.eu (178.33.100.227) 72.697 ms * 4 195.69.147.140 (195.69.147.140) 7.419 ms 7.337 ms 7.584 ms 5 108.162.197.244 (108.162.197.244) 6.247 ms 6.273 ms 6.258 ms

Routing to AMS when CloudFlare have servers in Paris.

• NanNanNanNan Member

I have bought one for 13 Days and it works well.

• I've got an atom this morning. Unfortunately, they had to check my payment manually. My first dedicated server, excited!

• earlearl Member

@1e10 said:

Yes you're right.. There does seem to be congestion. I think it is in real time, cause a moment ago I checked it seems to be clear for the most part but now looks to be congested again. Nice tool thought thanks for pointing it out.

@rm_

Doing some maintance on my main desktop so I've pretty much been using the tablet.. But MTR does not seem to be accurate with the kimsufi.. While it may give you a rough idea on the traffic in general i always see packet loss when using mtr with all my kimsufi, while in reality the network can actually be fine.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

TarZZ92 said: Thanks! downloading it now (although a little slow seems the server is only 100Mbps)

You can use Vultr's own control panel to load the ISO directly, that might be much faster than download and upload.

• wychwych Member

Last server delivered: today at 15:23.

Shame, always OOS when I check.

• rds100rds100 Member

Someone should start a paid SMS notification services for Kimsufi stock :) Hint @rm_ :)

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@wych said:
    Shame, always OOS when I check.

Use the script on Page 10? Stocks at most stay up for half an hour normally.

• @rds100 said:
    Someone should start a paid SMS notification services for Kimsufi stock :) Hint rm_ :)

I rewrote the script posted a few pages back to notify me by email :)

• wychwych Member

@qrwteyrutiyoup said:
    I rewrote the script posted a few pages back to notify me by email :)

Care to share?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@wych said:
    Care to share?

Use my php file on simplemonitor.org for email or sms notification

• nimdynimdy Member

Looks like the Kimsufi control panel has had a little bit of a makeover in the last half hour. It now has more monitoring stuff like CPU and memory as well as the usual bandwidth graphs.

• @wych said:
    Care to share?

https://gist.github.com/qrwteyrutiyoup/1be37a0be40b372df03b

You need to change the email settings, though, and use a cronjob or something.
    @netomx solution might be simpler.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wychwych Member

@netomx said:

@qrwteyrutiyoup said:
    netomx solution might be simpler.

May do later... giving Distil a whirl!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FML- they deployed my server in RBX instead of BHS :(

qrwteyrutiyoup said: change the email settings, though, and use a cronjob or something.

If your cron is properly configured, it will mail you on any output from the scripts run by cron. That's also the original reason the script did not output anything when there was no stock.

• akzakz Member
    edited May 2014

you can also use Distill as others have mentioned previously to get email notifications also has an andorid app to seamlessly notify.

• @rm_ said:
    If your cron is properly configured, it will mail you on any output from the scripts run by cron. That's also the original reason the script did not output anything when there was no stock.

It mails me in case there is stock only -- the notify() method is called only in that case. When there is no stock, the message will be sent to stdout only, and likely redirected to /dev/null, depending on how the cronjob is set.

• J1021J1021 Member

nimdy said: Looks like the Kimsufi control panel has had a little bit of a makeover in the last half hour. It now has more monitoring stuff like CPU and memory as well as the usual bandwidth graphs.

Some screenshots for anyone still waiting for a server/doesn't have one.

Graphs don't appear to work.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited May 2014

@qrwteyrutiyoup said:
    It mails me in case there is stock only -- the notify() method is called only in that case. When there is no stock, the message will be sent to stdout only, and likely redirected to /dev/null, depending on how the cronjob is set.

I use NotifyMyAndroid (since I have Android) and Pushover (if you have Android OR IPhone) to get notifications, those works beautifully.

If you know how to do some Python coding you can easily change this script to make it work:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/224279-python-script-notify-you-minute-nexus-4-page-goes-sale.html

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
    edited May 2014

qrwteyrutiyoup said: It mails me in case there is stock only -- the notify() method is called only in that case. When there is no stock, the message will be sent to stdout only, and likely redirected to /dev/null, depending on how the cronjob is set.

My point was that you didn't need to implement E-mailing in your script. With cron it is enough to just output whatever you want to stdout, and if the cronjob output is not redirected to /dev/null, and there's a MAILTO=email@address line in /etc/crontab (and the system generally knows how to send mail, i.e. has an MTA configured), cron itself will automatically send all output from your script to that E-mail. When you don't want any mail to be sent in such setup, then simply do not output anything to stdout. That's the proper way to keep an eye on your cronjobs, not via manually implementing the E-mail function in each of them.

• @rm_ said:
    My point was that you didn't need to implement E-mailing in your script. With cron it is enough to just output whatever you want to stdout, and if the cronjob output is not redirected to /dev/null, and there's a MAILTO=email@address line in /etc/crontab (and the system generally knows how to send mail, i.e. has an MTA configured), cron itself will automatically send all output from your script to that E-mail. When you don't want any mail to be sent in such setup, then simply do not output anything to stdout. That's the proper way to keep an eye on your cronjobs, not via manually implementing the E-mail function in each of them.

Point taken. I usually don't have an MTA configured nor have this need to mail notification, so it semeed way simpler to add it to to the script itself. Nice to know the proper way to do it, should I ever need, though.

• J1021J1021 Member

@0xdragon said:
    FML- they deployed my server in RBX instead of BHS :(

Is this you, or have they done the same for other customers?

http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?25770-Server-in-the-wrong-location

• earlearl Member

i3 at BHS is available if anyone is interested.