Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• nimdynimdy Member

@akz said:
    havent seen a restock of the 4.99 in a while now.

Mine expires in a few days and I'm considering giving it up as I picked up an i3 KS-3 the other day. Keep your eyes peeled for mine becoming available :p

• J1021J1021 Member

nimdy said: Mine expires in a few days and I'm considering giving it up as I picked up an i3 KS-3 the other day. Keep your eyes peeled for mine becoming available :p

I renewed mine yesterday, extended by a month. Very pleased with the server, not bad for a fiver.

• sc754sc754 Member

I'd like to renew my atom but the panel isn't working :S. Getting a 404 when I try to open it

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

@sc754 said:
    I'd like to renew my atom but the panel isn't working :S. Getting a 404 when I try to open it

You can renew here: https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/cgi-bin/order/renew.cgi
    enter your full server ID (nsXXXXX.ip-x-y-z.eu).
    Or if it's not urgent, just wait for them to fix the panel, probably got messed up in the redesign.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • sc754sc754 Member

@rm_ said:
    Or if it's not urgent, just wait for them to fix the panel, probably got messed up in the redesign.

Thanks for the info, I'll renew it as im not sure when its due

• can anyone help how to migrate data from one server to another a easy way?
    I have some music and video data about 30 gb i want to migrate.

• sc754sc754 Member

@skyhost said:
    can anyone help how to migrate data from one server to another a easy way?
    I have some music and video data about 30 gb i want to migrate.

Tar gz your stuff into an archive and then use rsync

• akzakz Member

@nimdy said:

heh are you in GRA? I have one in RBX already was just looking to snag another GRA. The i3 was very tempting esp at BHS but I cant think of a use for it..

• nimdynimdy Member

@akz said:
    heh are you in GRA? I have one in RBX already was just looking to snag another GRA. The i3 was very tempting esp at BHS but I cant think of a use for it..

Nope both of my servers are in RBX. I'm in the UK so it's fairly local for me. I don't have a proper use for it either but want to learn server stuff and host some hobby sites. Getting on well with virtual servers running on my server.

• i found this https://twitter.com/kimsufi_avail
    it updates the availability of the servers and which datacenter.
    I also orderd a ks2 this morning looking for GRA but ended up in RBX4 after the order :(

• cassacassa Member

Whoah! New servers!

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2014

Intel Core i5 CPU is older and slower in BHS, I wonder why ?

...and the Intel Core i7 specs are obsolete and slower than the i5...

IMHO the best offer is still the Intel Core i3, will gives better performance per dollar invested!

• akzakz Member
    edited June 2014

@nimdy said:
    Nope both of my servers are in RBX. I'm in the UK so it's fairly local for me. I don't have a proper use for it either but want to learn server stuff and host some hobby sites. Getting on well with virtual servers running on my server.

hrmm i might do the same thing as you then and get rid of my RBX and just get a i3@BHS..

• FredQcFredQc Member

@akz said:

I think they don't cares, it's not monitored at all.

• @MikHo said:
    If I remember correct plex will also only answer to localhost or inside the same subnet by default.
    Had the same issue when I installed mine (using debian).

@nimdy @zhuanyi

You are correct. You must configure it first and then use your plex account to sign in. For those interested check out this forum post :

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/55744-pms-on-vps/

Specifically the post that mentions:

you need to use an ssh tunnel for setting it up further.

ssh -L 32400:localhost:32400 x.x.x.x -l username -p 22

Replace x.x.x.x with the ip you connect to your remote host on. Once connected, use a browser locally and connect to 127.0.0.1:32400/web and you should be able to configure the rest from the web interface.

• nimdynimdy Member
    edited June 2014

@ACaton said:

Hi ACaton. I've actually installed Plex in a Windows 8 virtual machine using the Proxmox template on the Kimsufi panel. I've installed it and can use Plex when remote desktoping into the system, but the settings panel states that the server cannot be reached from the outside.

As Kimsufi only allow one IPv4 ip, I use NAT to forward ports to specific VMs/containers. I have forwarded port 32400 to the internal IP address 192.168.0.1, but this doesn't seem to work for me :(

• earlearl Member

Really nice! wish they offer more IP's thought.

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@nimdy said:
    As Kimsufi only allow one IPv4 ip, I use NAT to forward ports to specific VMs/containers. I have forwarded port 32400 to the internal IP address 192.168.0.1, but this doesn't seem to work for me :(

enable myPlex on the media server. Once myPlex is configured, IP:32400/web

Until then you need to ssh tunnel into it.

• @MikHo said:
    Until then you need to ssh tunnel into it.

And just make sure when you configure it, the server connects to your "my plex" account.

• bugisbugis Member

whether kimsufi accept customers from Indonesia ?

3 times already signed up through http://www.kimsufi.com/ie/

all invoices expired and was not validated.

validation data has been sent to [email protected] and reported on forums kimsufi

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014

rm_ said: And quite surprising to see, in my opinion the KS2 was already a lousy offer compared to both KS1 and KS3

Indeed, I wonder what square-head takes these decisions, it only makes sense if they already have them ready and they intend to stop giving stock for the KS1.

• rds100rds100 Member

They probably ran out of N2800 boards (these are out of production) and had left over D425 boards from cancellations.
    Interesting what they intend to do with the Atom 230 boards they get from cancellations.

• nimdynimdy Member

Which is the best Atom offering from KS then? I thought the N2800 were the best on offer currently. Have they offered higher spec Atoms in the past?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I would put the d450 and 230 on ks1 line and keep the others for ks2, but, hey, I am not OVH...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rds100rds100 Member

The D425 uses more power and is therefore more expensive to operate :) Though i doubt this was their reasoning. More likely then don't have many of the N2800s left (if any) and prefer to keep the KS-1 out of stock, since it's cheaper. I guess watching the stock availability over time will tell us more.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

nimdy said: Which is the best Atom offering from KS then?

Why "then"? Really, I don't understand how your (bizzare) questions are linked to any part of the previous discussion...

I thought the N2800 were the best on offer currently.

And yes it is.

Have they offered higher spec Atoms in the past?

And no they haven't.

• nimdynimdy Member

@rm_
    Must be my style of writing. I wasn't sure if the current offerings are the best, or whether there have been better specs in the past.

I believe KS are putting out stock of whatever is available in the datacenter at the time. I think this is why the KS-4 CPU model is different in France and Canada.

• Kimsufi's site got a new layout, looks good!

• J1021J1021 Member

dotted said: Kimsufi's site got a new layout, looks good!

Would be nice if they got a redesigned English version.

• Well ... the new SoYouStart offers became available for rest of Europe in about 3-4 days. I think the new layout will be soon extended to the rest.